Maybe now is the right time to organize

bacha29

Many of them on Medicaid plans with access to preventive care that they didn't use. I don't think you realize that many poor people don't care about their health. There's a good reason for that: people who don't care about their health or take proper care of themselves don't seem to make the effort to manage their lives/careers properly, either.

OK, we have the ACA. Why do costs keep rising?
Poor people don't care about their health huh? Got any data to support that assumption? I would be more inclined to think that it's more a case of not having the money so they put off going to a doctor until they are on death's doorstep . And in the end they show up at the ER with conditions that could have been treated much earlier much more effectively and at a much lower cost to Medicaid who in the end becomes the payer of the last resort.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If the procedures you need to live costs more than this minimum level of coverage you promote will provide and you have no way to personally pay for it and you will die if you don't it , you are completely willing to accept that outcome? LMAO. You most definitely will want that procedure especially if some rich guy who needs the same procedure can pay for it and live while you die.
You’re catching on! If I don’t insure against catastrophic conditions, it’s hasta la vista!

floridays

Well, does Fat Freddy's retired employee healthcare plan provide such coverage? And have you purchased a supplement to be added to that plan?
Fat Freddy, as you call him, has to offer plans that meet the statutory requirements of the ACA.

No pick and choose of which level of coverage one prefers.

Are you that dense, do you even understand what the ACA requires?

For your information, your next Pap smear is covered under the ACA, and the next time your wife needs her prostate checked it's covered as well.

floridays

Back to topic.
A colleague from Memphis sent me this link.
We did talk of it and the ramifications.

A stupid inquiry from me @59 Dano, exactly what could this mean, your analysis. Exactly what possibilities do you foresee, you belong to the thinkers, the forward looking type.

Just a question, I need your insight to form my thoughts, to get a grasp of the situation.

dmac1

You demonstrate that you are clueless when it comes to what I think.

My position (again) is that a minimum standard of care should be established, and that health insurance premiums should be based on full coverage of that minimum standard. Then apples (premiums) can be compared to apples.
Insurance covering experimental and (outrageously) expensive procedures beyond the minimum standard can then be obtained at additional cost, or paid for out of pocket.

My position bears no resemblance to your assertions.
Any care necessary to maintain life should be covered for all. VERY VERY few people would need outrageously expensive care. If more people were shopping for 'expensive' care because insurance covered it, competition for customers would drive down prices for some of the ridiculously expensive treatment, and if people had easy cheap care to preventative care, the number of people needing expensive treatment for common ailments would go down. Something like colon cancer deaths could be almost eliminated, and type II diabetes would be caught at the start. The money saved from those and similar problems could pay for a lot of people to get the 'expensive' care that greedy selfish unchristian hypocritical stupid Trumpies want dead.

dmac1

It comes down to the ability to do math:

Reforming the system would, by your own account, raise taxes on most people without providing them a corresponding benefit. To the contrary, it would add demand that is already strained and drive up prices that are already high.

Why would anyone in his right mind agree to pay more to get less?????
MORE stupidity!!!!! Everyone in the country benefits from a healthy population. And if the wealthy need to pay 2% more in taxes, or lose some deductions that are ONLY available to the wealthy, and get healthier employees with reduced costs for sick leave and disability claims, they benefit in even more ways. Saying there is no benefit for those who might pay higher taxes is just more ignorance coming from the same ignorant crowd.

floridays

Wrong- Fat freddy needs to offer AT LEAST the minimum under the ACA. He is free to offer more. Only thing stopping him is greed.
You don't understand my attack point.
The minimum ACA plan offers me a male, over 60 prenatal care and a woman my age prostate examination.
Neither are needed but figured in the pricing of a plan.
We (Fedex) are offered more, our cost for more is increased by having to meet worthless or unneeded requirements.

Taking Fedex out of the equation, where might a 25 year old newly married couple buy strictly catastrophic coverage?

Does it exist?

floridays

Any care necessary to maintain life should be covered for all. VERY VERY few people would need outrageously expensive care. If more people were shopping for 'expensive' care because insurance covered it, competition for customers would drive down prices for some of the ridiculously expensive treatment, and if people had easy cheap care to preventative care, the number of people needing expensive treatment for common ailments would go down. Something like colon cancer deaths could be almost eliminated, and type II diabetes would be caught at the start. The money saved from those and similar problems could pay for a lot of people to get the 'expensive' care that greedy selfish unchristian hypocritical stupid Trumpies want dead.
Do you have any idea what is or at least was the basis for assessing a price for insurance?
Your type always wants someone to foot part of or all of your personal risk.
Why exactly should my higher risk costs be passed to younger adults with lower risk?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So, you support the overturn of Roe v. Wade. That's a start.

bacha29

Correct for the most part.
Hospitals in the past would treat indigents and take a write off, at no cost to the patient.
I am 100% correct on this.
They are required to set aside a certain amount of money for "charity" cases that gets factored right into the service fees it charges everyone. Judging by what you're saying Fat Freddy's retired employee healthcare plan is what is known as the "bronze" plan. It is the cheapest cost, lowest coverage plan. If you think overturning the ACA is going to solve all of your problems and get you a better deal you've been seriously mislead for the simple reason that all of the modest protections found it the legislation is out the window and Fat Freddy can do whatever he wants with his retiree healthcare plan including terminating it all together...And there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

So face it man. You haven't been retired.....You.ve simply been disposed of....Don't you remember? You're not making any money for him anymore.....And therefore, you're no longer of any use to him.

dmac1

Correct for the most part.
Hospitals in the past would treat indigents and take a write off, at no cost to the patient.
I am 100% correct on this.
You may be correct, but in no way is your statement meaningful. The indigent can only get EMERGENCY care at hospitals not care for chronic problems that aren't immediately life threatening. Going to the ER over and over in an ambulance for an insulin shot, or dialysis is more costly long and short term than just providing insulin in a clinic. And when hospitals take a writeoff, it still means reduced profit. That is dumb. Hospitals still need a certain amount of income to stay open, no matter how many 'writeoffs' they have. That need for more income translates into higher bills for everyone with insurance, and if you have a 20% copay, or co-insurance, your 20% is higher, just because you hate the poor and want them to only get care through the ER.

dmac1

You don't understand my attack point.
The minimum ACA plan offers me a male, over 60 prenatal care and a woman my age prostate examination.
Neither are needed but figured in the pricing of a plan.
We (Fedex) are offered more, our cost for more is increased by having to meet worthless or unneeded requirements.

Taking Fedex out of the equation, where might a 25 year old newly married couple buy strictly catastrophic coverage?

Does it exist?
That is stupid. You will never use prenatal care, but maybe you should bear some of the responsibility, just as women who never have children bear some of the responsibility by paying higher costs just because they are a woman. Men have more chronic conditions and suffer other health issues differently than women. Over a lifetime, men will have more heart issues, more liver issues, more musculo-skeletal issues.Insurance has the purpose of spreading costs out, and you think that by virtue of birth, you should pay a lower price. Every child ever requiring prenatal care was put there by a man, you fool.

dmac1

Never said that. I don't believe that forcing women to carry another person around inside them something I should decide. Paying for medical to save a life and whether you can force a woman to support someone inside her are not the same issue. That is just plain dumb.

dmac1

So you want insurance to reimburse the woman for housing and feeding, and the physical pain, and stress and all the physical changes her body goes through as a result of being required to carry a clump of cells or a fetus to birth? Who gave you the right to force someone to give up their body and potentially their life to help someone else survive???? Are you okay with the government forcing you to donate most of your blood to a hemophiliac, and you will probably live through it even if that person is related to you, or even maybe your long lost son who hates you??????

dmac1

I see why some of you are only capable of delivering boxes. Your thinking stops at the lowest level, maybe not even leaving the ground floor. And when found out to be stuck on the ground floor, instead of stopping there, you end up pushing the down button on your thinking and sink even lower, making ridiculous arguments easily countered, so then you come back with something even more ridiculous. Going from a phony claim that deductibles that don't even apply to most care, to saying that the uninsured actually save hospitals money, to saying that having insurance and Roe v Wade are somehow related just proves over and over how far people will twist themselves into exposing their ignorance when they are part of a cult- a cult of ignorance. And they cult leader is actually proud of the ignorance of his followers, and his ignorant followers love him more for supporting and loving their ignorance!!!!!!! And they don't even question why their leader likes ignorant people, even more amazing!!!!!!!!!!