Maybe now is the right time to organize

bacha29

Apply what you’re demanding of the medical community to YOUR business model and see how fair you think it is.

As the old saying goes, it’s easier when you’re spending someone else’s money.
Neither one of you are addressing the key ethical, moral and legal questions as well as the fact that and once again public hospitals cannot refuse to treat people because of their inability to pay. Now what if you're the person who needs advanced medical treatment and YOU are the one who can't pay....and don't try to tell me that it can't happen to you because Fat Freddy can feces can that retiree healthcare plan tomorrow and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. And that's what's got you scared feces less.

As long as you request service from a publicly licensed healthcare facility and remember you don't HAVE to go there you will just have to accept the economics surrounding that facility and you're not going in there and tell them who they will and will not treat.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Neither one of you are addressing the key ethical, moral and legal questions as well as the fact that and once again public hospitals cannot refuse to treat people because of their inability to pay. Now what if you're the person who needs advanced medical treatment and YOU are the one who can't pay....and don't try to tell me that it can't happen to you because Fat Freddy can feces can that retiree healthcare plan tomorrow and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. And that's what's got you scared feces less.

As long as you request service from a publicly licensed healthcare facility and remember you don't HAVE to go there you will just have to accept the economics surrounding that facility and you're not going in there and tell them who they will and will not treat.
This is the biggest load of BS I’ve read on BC all day.

Don’t know where you got your info, but I don’t utilize FedEx healthcare, so I have nothing to be afraid of.

And as we’ve already reminded you, emergency care is all hospitals are required to provide. If your drinking, smoking, and drug use is more important to you than health insurance, you don’t deserve advanced care.

Darwin’s Theory of Survival of the Fittest is apropos.

bacha29

This is the biggest load of BS I’ve read on BC all day.

Don’t know where you got your info, but I don’t utilize FedEx healthcare, so I have nothing to be afraid of.

And as we’ve already reminded you, emergency care is all hospitals are required to provide. If your drinking, smoking, and drug use is more important to you than health insurance, you don’t deserve advanced care.

Darwin’s Theory of Survival of the Fittest is apropos.
A few years from now YOU won't be among the fittest if ever you were among them but like every other human being you'll still want to live for as long as possible. This in turn means that the effects of ageing and the inevitable accumulation of pre existing medical conditions and the overturning of the ACA means that no insurer will be legally bound to insure you due to what?.....Your preexisting medical conditions.... Which in turn means that when it comes to the advanced medical care you too will need?....Well, you can count YOURSELF among those who you believe are not deserving of advanced care. When it comes to many of the common chronic health conditions just remember one thing.... In many cases....IT"S HEREDITARY.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A few years from now YOU won't be among the fittest if ever you were among them but like every other human being you'll still want to live for as long as possible. This in turn means that the effects of ageing and the inevitable accumulation of pre existing medical conditions and the overturning of the ACA means that no insurer will be legally bound to insure you due to what?.....Your preexisting medical conditions.... Which in turn means that when it comes to the advanced medical care you too will need?....Well, you can count YOURSELF among those who you believe are not deserving of advanced care. When it comes to many of the common chronic health conditions just remember one thing.... In many cases....IT"S HEREDITARY.
And I will accept responsibility for my situation, not demand that strangers as well as neighbors pay their hard earned money to underwrite my needs.

bacha29

And I will accept responsibility for my situation, not demand that strangers as well as neighbors pay their hard earned money to underwrite my needs.
Until like thousands of other Americans you too run out of money. And one of the drivers behind the passage of the ACA was that 86% of all personal bankruptcies was due to medical bills.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Until like thousands of other Americans you too run out of money. And one of the drivers behind the passage of the ACA was that 86% of all personal bankruptcies was due to medical bills.
UPS driver on my route had the perfect philosophy.
“If I ever get like that, me and a couple of my buddies have an agreement. The three of us are getting in a boat and going fishing....and only two of us are coming back!”

bacha29

UPS driver on my route had the perfect philosophy.
“If I ever get like that, me and a couple of my buddies have an agreement. The three of us are getting in a boat and going fishing....and only two of us are coming back!”
And just a few posts ago you were describing my comments as BS. What do you call this? If this response isn't BS then neither are mine.

Nolimitz

When it comes to a solution you bet I know the difference because a solution that would pass ethical and legal muster is something you have never offered.

ever heard of assisted suicide?
Physician-assisted death or "medical aid in dying" is legal in ten jurisdictions: California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Montana, Maine (starting January 1, 2020),[1] New Jersey,[2] Oregon, Vermont, and Washington

400px-Legality_of_Assisted_Suicide_in_the_US.svg.png

MassWineGuy

Even though the Teamsters Union has systemic, widespread corruption, there’s still strength in numbers. Better than no union.

But there is one big thing that would change. At UPS there is an instant animosity between corporate and the union. Not that something like that doesn’t already exist at FedEx. But it would get worse with a union involved. Still, I could suffer through it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Another poorly disguised attempt to hide the fact that in your mind's eye pricing means that you all you need to do to improve service is to limit the number of people who have access to care with the dividing point being personal income.

That's not quite what I said, but you probably don't understand the difference in what I said and what you think I said anyway.

Regardless, I advocate for a method that is the most effective and efficient way to serve the greatest number of people. You want something that isn't. That says it all.

59 Dano

Neither one of you are addressing the key ethical, moral and legal questions

Let's talk about ethics.

You have 10 people who need care for the same malady and all have the same chance for survival if treated. You only have enough time, equipment, and medicine to treat 7 of them. Some can afford your care and will gladly pay through the nose while others can't afford much. What is the ethical decision to make in determining who to treat and who will die?

The ethical decision in such a scenario is to take those who will pay the most money first. What do you think is the ethical way to handle this, and why?

59 Dano

When it comes to many of the common chronic health conditions just remember one thing.... In many cases....IT"S HEREDITARY.

I'd bet a poor diet, a sedentary lifestyle, and smoking are responsible for more chronic health conditions than heredity.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Let's talk about ethics.

You have 10 people who need care for the same malady and all have the same chance for survival if treated. You only have enough time, equipment, and medicine to treat 7 of them. Some can afford your care and will gladly pay through the nose while others can't afford much. What is the ethical decision to make in determining who to treat and who will die?

The ethical decision in such a scenario is to take those who will pay the most money first. What do you think is the ethical way to handle this, and why?
You have not provided enough criteria to support your ethical conclusion.

59 Dano

You have not provided enough criteria to support your ethical conclusion.

All ten are equal in every way except how much they can afford to pay. You start with the most wealthy, and three people will die. You start with the most poor, and three people will die. You try to mix it up based on whatever standards you wish, and three people will die. You pick them at random and three people will die.

You're a doctor who wants to be able to do the most good for society. The most ethical way of choosing patients in this scenario is to pick based on who is willing to pay through the nose and work down from there.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
All ten are equal in every way except how much they can afford to pay. You start with the most wealthy, and three people will die. You start with the most poor, and three people will die. You try to mix it up based on whatever standards you wish, and three people will die. You pick them at random and three people will die.

You're a doctor who wants to be able to do the most good for society. The most ethical way of choosing patients in this scenario is to pick based on who is willing to pay through the nose and work down from there.
I disagree.

A wealthy 90 year old should not have priority over a poor 10 year old.

A bachelor should not have priority over a mother caring for 3 small children.

An imprisoned murderer should not have priority over a Peace Corps worker.

The inherent problem with this dilemma is, who gets to decide. There is no perfect answer. A lottery, however, would be preferable to a balance sheet in making the determination.

bacha29

I disagree.

A wealthy 90 year old should not have priority over a poor 10 year old.

A bachelor should not have priority over a mother caring for 3 small children.

An imprisoned murderer should not have priority over a Peace Corps worker.

The inherent problem with this dilemma is, who gets to decide. There is no perfect answer. A lottery, however, would be preferable to a balance sheet in making the determination.
Neither one of you guys have presented a plan that would hold up in the numerous court battles that would immediately follow the implementation of your plans.

At the same time if the COVID global pandemic gets much worse this winter as some have feared decisions along the line of who to try to save and who to let die might have to be made. However the demand for the same aborted fetal tissue derived drug that saved Dear Leader's life would be furious and potentially violent .

Now if as expected the ACA does get overturned and as we now know the so called "repeal and replace with something better" never did exist about the only remaining option would be a single payer system.

The American people will never stand for a system whereby care is only provided to those with the means to pay for it.

All that any of us can do is to try to take of our own health but there's nothing you can do about those whose lifestyle doesn't lend itself well to that endeavor . At the same time no matter what you try to do when it comes to the chronic diseases of ageing so much of that damn stuff is hereditary .

bacha29

What is the basis for your mistaken belief that someone owes everyone insured medical access?
It's called Medicare . Not only has it worked pretty good for the past 55 years I am 100% dead certain that you will not turn down the opportunity to enroll when the time comes if it hasn't already.