Mitt Romney

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Four Major Iowa Newspapers Endorse Romney

[h=2]Four of the major newspapers in Iowa have all endorsed Mitt Romney. Led by the Des Moines Register endorsement of Romney yesterday, the Cedar Rapids Gazette, Quad City Times, and Sioux City Journal have all followed suit.[/h]

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My wife and I decided to go to a resort in Phoenix over the weekend and have been completely out of touch with the news. So this is good to hear!

The problem is that the story in more's link is 11 days old. Things have shifted back to the middle since then, and most electoral maps are back to showing Obama in the lead.

brett636

That's some pretty fancy creative writing from the Weekly Standard, considering that the actual results of the poll were Obama 49% to Romney 48%.

Time to read it all: http://images.politico.com/global/2012/10/goeasbattlegroundmemooct28.html

In sum, this data indicates this election remains very close on the surface, but the political environment and the composition of the likely electorate favor Governor Romney. These factors come into play with our “vote election model” – which takes into account variables like vote intensity, voters who say they are definite in their vote, and demographics like age and education. In that snapshot of today’s vote model, Mitt Romney leads Barack Obama by five-points52% to 47%. While that gap can certainly be closed by the ground game of the Democrats, reports from the field would indicate that not to be the case, and Mitt Romney may well be heading to a decisive victory."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Time to read it all:
That's not from the poll, that's from some guy's memo. It's not even a poll result (which is what we're talking about here). When The Weekly Standard started getting flack about their misleading headline they "updated" the story with the actual poll results and then offered up that memo as part of their excuse for it.
The point is that polls have moved back to an even race compared to that Gallup poll in moreluck's link.

bbsam

Staff member
I am a bit confused. If the poll is of likely voters, it can't include those who have already voted can it? And if Obama has 62%a of that vote (35% eligible) then wouldn't Romey need alot more than a 5 point lead in the 65% left to vote?

brett636

That's not from the poll, that's from some guy's memo. It's not even a poll result (which is what we're talking about here). When The Weekly Standard started getting flack about their misleading headline they "updated" the story with the actual poll results and then offered up that memo as part of their excuse for it.
The point is that polls have moved back to an even race compared to that Gallup poll in moreluck's link.

His memo cites an election prediction model based on voter intensity which favors Romney over Obama. Believe what you will, when reality sets in on November 6, and Romney is named the winner, can you at least be honest with yourself that this current President was a miserable failure?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Polls are nice if they are in YOUR favor but in the end what suprises me is how close it is. After all the crap the left have spewed about how "Romney has no chance", "is this the best the Republicans can do", "With Paul Ryan, they have sealed their fate", you would think it would have been a major Blowout by the Messiah. Just back up a month and read some the the Loony lefts comments on BC...how hilarious!!! By their comments then, i would think they would be having major strokes right now. And with all the Lamesteam media going to bat for the Messiah it really should be a blowout. So that its this close really says something about Barry, his radical policies, class warfare, fake war on woman, and the lefty Hollywood and medias obvious love affair with everything Obama. America is getting tired of the crap. Maybe all the Messiahs negative garbage and blame game have actually helped Romney. So if Obama loses, does anyone still think Barry and Mooch will still be invited to Jay Z and Beyonces?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
His memo cites an election prediction model based on voter intensity which favors Romney over Obama. Believe what you will, when reality sets in on November 6, and Romney is named the winner, can you at least be honest with yourself that this current President was a miserable failure?
In other words, it's not a poll result.

brett636

I am a bit confused. If the poll is of likely voters, it can't include those who have already voted can it? And if Obama has 62%a of that vote (35% eligible) then wouldn't Romey need alot more than a 5 point lead in the 65% left to vote?

The majority of the electorate hasn't voted yet so Romney wouldn't need a 30 point advantage on election day to win. A much smaller one will suffice. The problem the democrats have is they are pushing hard for their voters to show up early which leaves them with less supporters to show up on election day. It makes for some good propoganda today to say "Look! Obama has a 30 point lead among early voters!", but it will all but disappear once the polls close on election day.

brett636

In other words, it's not a poll result.

Then I guess no poll is accurate because they all apply their own voter prediction model to the possible outcome. This is a lot more complicated than just making the phone calls and tallying up who said they were going to support who.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Polls are nice if they are in YOUR favor but in the end what suprises me is how close it is. After all the crap the left have spewed about how "Romney has no chance", "is this the best the Republicans can do", "With Paul Ryan, they have sealed their fate", you would think it would have been a major Blowout by the Messiah. Just back up a month and read some the the Loony lefts comments on BC...how hilarious!!! By their comments then, i would think they would be having major strokes right now. And with all the Lamesteam media going to bat for the Messiah it really should be a blowout. So that its this close really says something about Barry, his radical policies, class warfare, fake war on woman, and the lefty Hollywood and medias obvious love affair with everything Obama. America is getting tired of the crap. Maybe all the Messiahs negative garbage and blame game have actually helped Romney. So if Obama loses, does anyone still think Barry and Mooch will still be invited to Jay Z and Beyonces?
I always thought Romney had the best chance of all the repubs in the primary and that Ryan was his best choice for VP. The real question is that given the state of the economy, why is this race even close? The repubs should be winning in a landslide, no?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Then I guess no poll is accurate because they all apply their own voter prediction model to the possible outcome. This is a lot more complicated than just making the phone calls and tallying up who said they were going to support who.
Any poll can be an outlier, that's why the best thing to do is look at polling averages rather than individual polls.