Mitt Romney

moreluck

golden ticket member
......."used snipits of statements to create a falsehood ........"

Like, I will close Gitmo.
Like, I'll be a one term president if I don't cut the deficit in half.
Like, I will ave a transparent admin.
Like, I will walk on that picket line with you, if workers are denied the right to bargain.
Like, I’ve done more for Israel’s security than any President ever.
like, Jobs Bill Paid for.
Like,
Rich don’t pay their fair share.

And so so many more...

beentheredonethat

OMG.... I was waiting for someone to repeat this falsehood. Man, how people are manipulated is astounding. Of course she didnt say that, but convincing you of that would probably be a vertical climb because of your constant hearing it on right wing outlets.

Right wing outlets have used snipits of statements to create a falsehood then use it on the GOP faithful until they themselves repeat it. This is one of those statements.

Look how this right wing think tank cuts this video to make it sound like Nancy said such a thing as a STAND ALONE SENTENCE.

"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it"

What Pelosi said was in a broader context, and that sentence you posted is only a partial quote intended to confuse YOU.

Heres what she said " "It's going to be very, very exciting," Pelosi said, telling the local elected officials assembled that Congress "[has] to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it, away from the fog of controversy."

Does this sound like what you posted? Of course not. But its what YOU believe she said as Islandfox does, because thats what youve heard.

What was she saying? Clearly, she is saying, that congress would have to pass the bill, for YOU the voter to know whats in it ( the written law ) outside the SPIN of the GOP or talking heads that were at the time misleading the public as to the contents of the health care reform bill.

She was clearly sending a shot across the bow of FOX SPEWS and the GOP members of the house who were on a daily basis exaggerating the health care reform bill to the negative, and a level headed person would be able to determine away from the SPIN by reading the actual bill once it was passed and no changes could be made to it.

Secondly, you say to put doctors in charge of fixing the problem? Are you serious?

Who do you think broke it in the first place? Ever hear the term, putting the fox in the hen house?

The reality is simple, insurance companies have been screwing americans for two decades. Insurance companies used professionals and doctors on committees to sit in a room and go through patients records in order to find reasons to DISQUALIFY coverage for MILLIONS of americans and these committees testified in front of congress and admitted this.

You might find it more interesting to learn about healthcare reform on your own, rather than just listening to a political party distort it for you and you accept it because you dont know any better.

Peace

TOS

I find it funny. People quoting her exact words you say are taken out of context. Yet you are the same person who makes up words people didn't say. Ironic isn't it.

island1fox

TOS,

You might find it interestesting that as special interests groups in Pelosi's district found out what was in it ---They are the ones that asked for and received dispensations !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,

You might find it interestesting that as special interests groups in Pelosi's district found out what was in it ---They are the ones that asked for and received dispensations !!

What did YOU LEARN about the health care reform bill when you READ it ISLAND?

Oh yeah, you didnt read it like the others who merely REPEAT what they hear from sources who feed them B.S. on a daily basis and accept it as fact.

Peace

TOS

beentheredonethat

What did YOU LEARN about the health care reform bill when you READ it ISLAND?

Oh yeah, you didnt read it like the others who merely REPEAT what they hear from sources who feed them B.S. on a daily basis and accept it as fact.

Peace

TOS

Do you mean the others like Congress? How many people have time to read 4000 pages?

bbsam

Staff member
If I was the one to actually vote it....I would read it.........but it's the congress who voted.

So you would be the one member of congress not to rely on lobbyists and aides for that tedious chore? Probably not. And as against it as you seem to be, I would think you would know what you were fighting. Or is it personal, anything anti Obama?

moreluck

golden ticket member
So you would be the one member of congress not to rely on lobbyists and aides for that tedious chore? Probably not. And as against it as you seem to be, I would think you would know what you were fighting. Or is it personal, anything anti Obama?
Cost, cost, cost & the unconstitutional mandate.....and YES, if I was a congressperson I would need to know what the hell I was pushing or panning so I would actually DO MY JOB and read the bills.

When anything involves a cost to me, it's always personal.

Obama talks about the fancy steak dinner and the person who ordered it leaving 'O' with the bill. Well, here's my scenario.....

I go to a restaurant with friends and one couple is the Obamas. Me and my date don't drink...but the other couples drink a lot of cocktails along with ordering the lobster. We only have salad & water.

When the bill comes, the Obamas suggest that to avoid all that nasty math, we should just split the bill evenly. I know people like this and now our countryis govered by this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Cost, cost, cost & the unconstitutional mandate.....and YES, if I was a congressperson I would need to know what the hell I was pushing or panning so I would actually DO MY JOB and read the bills.

When anything involves a cost to me, it's always personal.

Obama talks about the fancy steak dinner and the person who ordered it leaving 'O' with the bill. Well, here's my scenario.....

I go to a restaurant with friends and one couple is the Obamas. Me and my date don't drink...but the other couples drink a lot of cocktails along with ordering the lobster. We only have salad & water.

When the bill comes, the Obamas suggest that to avoid all that nasty math, we should just split the bill evenly. I know people like this and now our countryis govered by this.

LAME.

OBAMA is absolutely correct. There is something that the C9 refuses to accept. The BUSH policies extend passed his term in office. The BUSH tax cuts were spread over 10 years, BUSH was in office for 8, that means 2 years of revenue loss went into the OBAMA administration ( 09/10) (1.2 trillion added to the debt even before obama took office in 09)

BUSH started 2 wars that went unpaid during the 8 years of BUSH and have extended into the OBAMA administration (2 trillion dollars added to the debt before OBAMA even took office)

A prescription drug bill that cost a half trillion dollars that went unpaid and added to the national debt in 09.

This is what OBAMA is talking about. BUSH ADDED to the national debt even AFTER HE LEFT. These things are figuered into the debt when they are concieved.

OBAMA officially has 5.7 trillion added to BUSH's debt of 11 trillion and most of that 5.7 trillion came in 2009 with the extended debt left by BUSH.

Really simple to understand and accept, unless you just dont want to accept reality.

The latest gallup poll shows the MAJORITY OF AMERICANS still understand and believe that BUSH is responsible for todays debt and financial woes.

Why are you still denying the facts?

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fact......when Obama took office the deficit was around $10 T.

Now its close to $16T.

I see a difference even if you see LAME!
Piss