Mitt Romney

Buddybrown

Why the Democrats' 'Mediscare' Attack Won't Work Against Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney has cut Medicare more than Romney-Ryan would As to the supposedly draconian nature of Mitt Romney’s Medicare cuts, they’re only exceeded by the severity of the Medicare cuts in…Obamacare.According to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office, Obamacare will reduce Medicare spending by $716 billion between 2013 and 2022, relative to prior law. These cuts directly affect current retirees. By contrast, both the Romney and Wyden-Ryan plans only affect retirees younger than 55. In other words, for better or worse, President Obama cuts Medicare more than Romney would.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter defended President Obama's $700 billion cuts to Medicare:

[video=youtube;YCEgidipc5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCEgidipc5g[/video]

"On top of the savings we’ve already achieved. You know I heard Mitt Romney deride the $700 billion cuts in Medicare that the president achieved through health care reform," said Cutter.

That proves nothing... a statement out of context doesnt make your case... I asked you to show us the medicare program he cut, not some talking points on talk show.

Again, step it up.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
116848_600.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Sometimes it's hard to face the truth.
Would you care to point out where the cuts are coming from? The ACA cuts payments to big pharma, the Ryan plan cuts benefits to people.

Do you have a graph showing the human cost? Do you have a graph showing the Ryan plan?

Waiting anxiously.

brett636

Would you care to point out where the cuts are coming from? The ACA cuts payments to big pharma, the Ryan plan cuts benefits to people.

Do you have a graph showing the human cost? Do you have a graph showing the Ryan plan?

Waiting anxiously.

Hey, pssst, "big pharma" produces pills that people need to survive. Even if you only cut payments to them people still die because big pharma can't produce pills if it doesn't have a way to cover the costs of production.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hey, pssst, "big pharma" produces pills that people need to survive. Even if you only cut payments to them people still die because big pharma can't produce pills if it doesn't have a way to cover the costs of production.
AND big Pharma also helps people in true need of their pills. Apparently some people have never had the pleasure or opportunity to help someone get pills that they need to live, with no income to cover the costs.
Merck and glasko smith are two I dealt with and they were excellent. So yes they make some money, Good For them, because they help people to have them to live who cannot afford them. And Im not a pharmacist, but they were very open, caring, and quick in helping the people I needed to help get Lipitor, and requip, a parkinson drug which cost more per month than the poor people got from SS, and a small pension. And face it, these things that help people live better lives, dont invent themselves.

roadrunner2012

Troll
I knew I dumbed it down too much for this forum. I just couldn't find a cartoon that explained it clearly.

Try to read these words, it explains the differences very well (from TPM):

The Medicare cuts, passed in the Affordable Care Act, come in the form of reimbursement reductions to hospitals, Medicaid prescription drugs and private insurance plans under Medicare Advantage. The Congressional Budget Office projects that they’ll extend the solvency of Medicare by eight years.
AARP, the seniors’ lobby and chief gatekeeper of Medicare benefits, endorsed the Affordable Care Act despite its cuts, arguing that they wouldn’t affect seniors’ access to care. The law expanded benefits by closing the prescription drug coverage gap known as the “doughnut hole.” The hospital and drug industries also endorsed the legislation, believing that the additional customers via the coverage expansion would more than make up for the cuts.
Obama and Ryan agree that Medicare per-beneficiary cost growth needs to be capped at per-capita GDP plus 0.5 percent. But they disagree on what to cut in order to get there.
Ryan’s plan under the Path To Prosperity would end Medicare as an insurance program that directly pays medical bills for the elderly. It would be replaced with a fixed subsidy which seniors may use to buy competing private and public insurance policies on an exchange. If the value of the subsidy does not keep up with the growth of health care costs, seniors would make up the cost and pay higher medical bills.
The Congressional Budget Office projects that Ryan’s plan would raise seniors’ out-of-pocket expenses by $6,500 per year.

roadrunner2012

Troll

Hey, pssst, why are they cheaper in Canada and Mexico?

Buddybrown

Would you care to point out where the cuts are coming from? The ACA cuts payments to big pharma, the Ryan plan cuts benefits to people.Do you have a graph showing the human cost? Do you have a graph showing the Ryan plan?Waiting anxiously.
I'm not making that claim, you are. It's illogical for you to twist this into challenging me to post a graph about something I didn't post and we weren't even discussing. If you want to talk about this the you might want to post a graph at least some credible references to backup your own argument.

brett636

I knew I dumbed it down too much for this forum. I just couldn't find a cartoon that explained it clearly.

Try to read these words, it explains the differences very well (from TPM):

The Medicare cuts, passed in the Affordable Care Act, come in the form of reimbursement reductions to hospitals, Medicaid prescription drugs and private insurance plans under Medicare Advantage. The Congressional Budget Office projects that they’ll extend the solvency of Medicare by eight years.
AARP, the seniors’ lobby and chief gatekeeper of Medicare benefits, endorsed the Affordable Care Act despite its cuts, arguing that they wouldn’t affect seniors’ access to care. The law expanded benefits by closing the prescription drug coverage gap known as the “doughnut hole.” The hospital and drug industries also endorsed the legislation, believing that the additional customers via the coverage expansion would more than make up for the cuts.
Obama and Ryan agree that Medicare per-beneficiary cost growth needs to be capped at per-capita GDP plus 0.5 percent. But they disagree on what to cut in order to get there.
Ryan’s plan under the Path To Prosperity would end Medicare as an insurance program that directly pays medical bills for the elderly. It would be replaced with a fixed subsidy which seniors may use to buy competing private and public insurance policies on an exchange. If the value of the subsidy does not keep up with the growth of health care costs, seniors would make up the cost and pay higher medical bills.
The Congressional Budget Office projects that Ryan’s plan would raise seniors’ out-of-pocket expenses by $6,500 per year.

LOL, even now more doctors are refusing to see medicare patients because the reimbursements are so low that they lose money on each medicare patient they see. Same goes for hospitals. What are seniors going to do when they can't find a doctor willing to see them? What good is their "government benefits" when nobody accepts them? Guess they will just have to pay out of pocket to see doctors, get prescriptions etc. I guess in the end it doesn't matter since Medicare is going broke. Eventually those benefits will disappear and all that will be left will be the bills that future unborn generations get to pay for. The democrats are so kind that they are going to let our children and grand children pay for benefits used up by people who have long since died. The Ryan plan would save medicare without bankrupting future generations, but that would make too much sense so we can't allow it.