NHL

texan

Flyers 3-0 in series

Sticks and helmets littered the ice as often as pucks filled the nets. The Philadelphia Flyers’ 8-4 victory, which put them
on the verge of reaching the Eastern Conference semifinals with a three-games-to-none lead, was bookended by chaos.
A first period that featured 18 penalties and 3 ejections devolved into third-period mayhem. James Neal’s blindside hit
on the Flyers rookie Sean Couturier sparked a series of scuffles at the 15-minute-18-second mark that produced
55 penalty minutes and ended with Scott Hartnell and Craig Adams dueling at center ice.

Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen, ejected in the first period with Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang because they
fought after an altercation elsewhere on the ice, said that it was disappointing that the game deteriorated into
fight-filled madness, but that he had seen the same thing happen in other series.

Of the Penguins, who outnumbered Philadelphia in game misconducts (4-2) and penalty minutes (89-69), Timonen
said: “If they think they’re going to win that way, it’s not working for them. Hopefully, they do it one more time.”

The Flyers, viewed as underdogs entering the series, are now one victory from sweeping their intrastate rivals.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/sports/hockey/nhl-hockey-roundup.html

P

pickup

Vancouver is in trouble

Indeed, but not the team, the city. If the Canucks lose this early, I imagine that the fans in vancouver will try to burn their city down like they did last year when their team lost in the stanley cup finals. Oh , those poor misbehaved Western Canadians.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
041812_crosby_DNcover_600.jpg

texan

Ok I was silent today, but to be fair:

Penguins stay alive, blow out Flyers.

Sidney Crosby, at last, found a way to silence the Flyers fans that love to hate him from warmups to the final horn. How?
Crosby and the Penguins dished out the kind of punishment they can only hope swings the series back their way.

PENGUINS vs. FLYERS

Pushed to the brink of a sweep, Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal pushed back with a vengeance, helping Pittsburgh
score nine goals in the first two periods of a 10-3 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday night in their
opening-round playoff series.
''We've given ourselves a chance to get back to Pittsburgh,'' Crosby said. ''And that's all we wanted out of this game.''

Pittsburgh Penguins stay alive with blowout win over Philadelphia Flyers - NHL News | FOX Sports on MSN

TheKid

Looks like my Bruins have themselves a 'series'. What a great game last night. MAN, I hate rookie goalies . . . . bad memories in Boston.
Penney, Dryden. . . .