Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

over9five

Staff member
Gawd, I wasn't gonna get another gun, but I want a revolver. Haven't owned one in many years.
Thinking small, maybe an Airweight in .357...

over9five

Staff member
357.jpg

Probably kicks like a mule...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The optimum cartridge for an airweight snubbie is .38+P.
Loading a .357 mag in one is pointless...the barrel is too short to burn the additional powder and you wind up with blinding muzzle flash as well as excessive recoil and muzzle blast, for no significant increase in velocity over a .38+P load.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
The optimum cartridge for an airweight snubbie is .38+P.
Loading a .357 mag in one is pointless...the barrel is too short to burn the additional powder and you wind up with blinding muzzle flash as well as excessive recoil and muzzle blast, for no significant increase in velocity over a .38+P load.
Those +p loads are wicked. I loaded some hollow point Barnes in my 9mm at +p. Shot fantastic.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
B08A4EB8-6B2B-40A9-8D97-445AA90D15DE.jpeg

Well, boys, it’s been a sad day. I have decided it’s time to relieve the PCR from her duties and replace her with a P10. I’ll be ordering soon. Not sure what the wait on the p10 is, heard anywhere from 6 months to a year. But it’s been a sad, sad day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I just picked up this used Ruger LCRX .38+P lightweight revolver in mint condition with the 3” barrel, adjustable sights and an exposed hammer. I got the gun, a full box of ammo and a Kydex holster for a measly $290. I already have the hammerless snub nose version for concealed pocket carry, its bigger brother will make a nice hiking/backpacking gun that is more accurate at longer range. Ruger is a solid brand, their LCR’s have a far better trigger pull than any J-frame or Taurus, and the grips really soak up the recoil. I prefer the simplicity and reliability of revolvers for self-defense, and when stoked with the original “FBI load” (+P 158 grain hollow based wadcutters) they are equal to the very best 9mm +P loads and far superior to anything available for the .380 in terms of stopping power.
C729AF5A-DE0C-4D82-89D1-AB7590F19CE4.jpeg

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I just picked up this used Ruger LCRX .38+P lightweight revolver in mint condition with the 3” barrel, adjustable sights and an exposed hammer. I got the gun, a full box of ammo and a Kydex holster for a measly $290. I already have the hammerless snub nose version for concealed pocket carry, its bigger brother will make a nice hiking/backpacking gun that is more accurate at longer range. Ruger is a solid brand, their LCR’s have a far better trigger pull than any J-frame or Taurus, and the grips really soak up the recoil. I prefer the simplicity and reliability of revolvers for self-defense, and when stoked with the original “FBI load” (+P 158 grain hollow based wadcutters) they are equal to the very best 9mm +P loads and far superior to anything available for the .380 in terms of stopping power.View attachment 226569

Nice!!!

054A55D9-D145-4F38-8325-7CB80E0E5FCF.jpeg

I want CZ p10 today. Was sort of skeptical on them until I picked one up and decided to get another polymer frame. I got this one for $520 out the door, but got the suppressor ready version which came with the night sights and 2 extended magazines. Feels great, Trigger is pretty solid out of the box, and it looks good. I’m not sure if I’m going tk get a can for it or not, but even if I don’t, I’ll still come out ahead than if I got the p10 that’s not suppressor ready by the time I put night sights on it.