Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
You got a a license for a can

Curio and Relic license is all you need in Missouri. Just have to be sure to check up the state laws before bringing it into any bordering states. Illinois is a huge no on suppressors.

I looked into one for my AR. At the time the C&R is all that was required. Now, as to if that’s still the case, I’d def be double checking. But as of last year, that’s it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I looked into one for my AR. At the time the C&R is all that was required. Now, as to if that’s still the case, I’d def be double checking. But as of last year, that’s it.
There is no reason for suppressors to be regulated like machine guns. They are more of a safety device than anything else. Kind of like ear muffs.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
There is no reason for suppressors to be regulated like machine guns. They are more of a safety device than anything else. Kind of like ear muffs.

Yep. Just like anything else, you gotta jump through the hoops. $30 for C&R license and then all the bull:censored2: taxes on em. It’s stupid. But people see that :censored2: in movies and think “oh my god. It makes it completely silent! People can just shoot people and nobody would even know!”

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep. Just like anything else, you gotta jump through the hoops. $30 for C&R license and then all the bull:censored2: taxes on em. It’s stupid. But people see that :censored2: in movies and think “oh my god. It makes it completely silent! People can just shoot people and nobody would even know!”
Which is why "silencer" is a horrible term. It just quiets it down a few decibels. The only thing that would be remotely like the movies would be something like a subsonic .22

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Which is why "silencer" is a horrible term. It just quiets it down a few decibels. The only thing that would be remotely like the movies would be something like a subsonic .22

Yep. Or in a .300 blackout. But even then, it’s not anything remotely close. And that’s for a round that was designed to be shot through a can.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here you need a class 3 license and pay the 200 dollar federal tax. Plus the hassle of setting up a gun trust for one.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Here you need a class 3 license and pay the 200 dollar federal tax. Plus the hassle of setting up a gun trust for one.

The way I understood it the last time I looked into it was you could purchase as an individual or a trust. The individual route consists of obtaining your curio and relic FFL and then paying the awesome ATF tax.

oldngray

nowhere special
The way I understood it the last time I looked into it was you could purchase as an individual or a trust. The individual route consists of obtaining your curio and relic FFL and then paying the awesome ATF tax.
You don't have to set up a trust but there are legal reasons that make it better to do it that way.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would imagine both routes are about the same.
Without a trust it would be technically illegal for your buddy or family member to borrow your suppressed weapon. Plus with a trust its a lot easier to transfer title particularly when your estate is settled. I also heard the paperwork goes faster with a trust when you buy something.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Without a trust it would be technically illegal for your buddy or family member to borrow your suppressed weapon. Plus with a trust its a lot easier to transfer title particularly when your estate is settled. I also heard the paperwork goes faster with a trust when you buy something.

I should’ve said that in a different way. Meant process is about the same. But I’m not sure.

But your comment makes a lot of sense. I might have to go look into that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I should’ve said that in a different way. Meant process is about the same. But I’m not sure.

But your comment makes a lot of sense. I might have to go look into that.
I'm not sure of the details and the laws keep changing but I think that is how things used to work. Things vary a lot between states of course.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
F6B8162C-B7B5-44ED-A966-2AFB1A929C3E.jpeg

These tritium sights sure are cool. Super bright. Love em.