Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
My goal someday is to own a firearm from every major country in WWII. I’ve got Russia and Germany so far. Had a type 99 arisaka and traded it off for an SKS like an idiot. I wish I still had that arisaka. It was cool. And passed on a carcano like an idiot. Still a ways to go.
I collected old military guns when they were still cheap. There were a lot more I wish I had bought back then.

oldngray

nowhere special
They’re a pain in the ass to find ammo for. But man they’re neat weapons
I never was a fan of the Jap guns. Arisaka was OK but kind of a clunky Mauser derivative. Very strong action though. If I got one it would be a 6.5 instead of the more usual 7.7 (just to be different). And the Jap pistols were total crap.

Last edited:

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I never was a fan of the Jap guns. Arisaka was OK but kind of a clunky Mauser derivative. Very strong action though. If I got one it would be a 6.5 instead of the more usual 7.7 (just to be different). And the Jap pistols were total crap.

Yeah I had the 7.7 Jap. I just wanted it to say I had it. I wish I had it still. Oh well. They’re not too bad in price.

oldngray

nowhere special
They’re a pain in the ass to find ammo for. But man they’re neat weapons
Way too expensive to shoot if you don't load your own. After you get brass its easy though. .311 bullets the same as .303 Enfield. You could probably get away with .308 bullets but I'm not sure about the accuracy.

oldngray

nowhere special
Got a chance to pick one up in 9mm
Cheap

Thought it might make a good truck gun
I have a PT-58 which is a almost the same as a 92 but in .380. Reliable and feels good to shoot but the accuracy is only so-so. A lot of it might be the caliber. .380 isn't really known for its accuracy.

oldngray

nowhere special
Got a chance to pick one up in 9mm
Cheap

Thought it might make a good truck gun

I have a PT-58 which is almost the same as a 92 but in .380. Reliable and feels good to shoot but the accuracy is only so-so. A lot of it might be the caliber. .380 isn't really known for its accuracy.

DSCN0028.JPG

oldngray

nowhere special
I have heard the Taurus revolvers (which are a lot like S&W) aren't that good but the pistols which are like Berettas (but are getting to be more different) are very good.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My goal someday is to own a firearm from every major country in WWII. I’ve got Russia and Germany so far. Had a type 99 arisaka and traded it off for an SKS like an idiot. I wish I still had that arisaka. It was cool. And passed on a carcano like an idiot. Still a ways to go.
You need a MAS 36 then. Good shooters I hear. All in Good condition too. Never fired and only dropped once.