Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I feel for the parents that it's a complete shock to.

I had a good friend come out to me about 5 years ago. It was a total shock to everyone. He'd dated women his whole life. Hell one of my wife's friends had slept with him.

I can only imagine how hard it is for the person that is coming out but if it's not expected at all it's hard for the person being told to not just stand there in shock.
It's okay to be shocked....that's a natural reaction. It's the people that drop their friends that are :censored2:s.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why does there need to be a big public display of coming out anyway?
I don't think there is ever a public display of anything for the most part. The few friends I have that are gay came out over text or just was like dude I'm gay. Yeah there are some exceptions. But there are plenty of straight attention whores.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's okay to be shocked....that's a natural reaction. It's the people that drop their friends that are :censored2:s.
You know I feel bad for this guy. He comes from such a traditional background he's totally embarrassed about the fact that he's gay.

I tried to keep in touch but him and his partner completely fell off the face of the earth. They own some land and are pretty much 100% self sufficient on that land. Don't even have phones. Might as well be Amish. They simply don't interact with the outside world.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't think there is ever a public display of anything for the most part. The few friends I have that are gay came out over text or just was like dude I'm gay. Yeah there are some exceptions. But there are plenty of straight attention whores.

Except for attention whores who do make a big public announcement. To which I always say, "Who cares?".

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That depends. In sports leagues where it's frowned upon 1 person coming out can give others the courage to live openly instead of trying to hide it.
It would be cool to see someone who is in their prime come out instead of these washed up has beens trying to milk the last little bit out of their career.

Brownslave688

Except for attention whores who do make a big public announcement. To which I always say, "Who cares?".
For the most part now though the person coming out thinks it's a bigger deal than it is.

When Michael Sam came out at mizzou the reaction for anyone that knew him was just kinda like uh yeah dude we know.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You know I feel bad for this guy. He comes from such a traditional background he's totally embarrassed about the fact that he's gay.

I tried to keep in touch but him and his partner completely fell off the face of the earth. They own some land and are pretty much 100% self sufficient on that land. Don't even have phones. Might as well be Amish. They simply don't interact with the outside world.
Well ...if he chooses to isolate himself....at least it's his decision. I meant more the person who comes out to people he thought were his friends....and later is dopped like a hot potato. With friends like that....who needs enemies?

Brownslave688

It would be cool to see someone who is in their prime come out instead of these washed up has beens trying to milk the last little bit out of their career.
Yeah and what happens a lot is is someone in the media finds out and they either make the announcement themselves or it's going to be some huge we got the scoop story.

Brownslave688

Having a baby is the same. Look, I made a baby! Which any welfare queen would laugh at.
Lol the wife and I went through this when she get preg. We announced to people at her bday party because well she's a lush and she wasn't drinking at her 30th bday. Lol but other than that it would of just been word of mouth. Gender revel and all of that :censored2: is just stupid.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't miss work, but today would be a great day to be working outside, at least where I am right now. its 68 degrees, blue skies, no clouds, sun shining bright. No rain here. Got some yesterday, but the flash flood warnings are off now.
I'm jealous. Hovering around freezing here. Snow tonight. Lucky me.

Status
Not open for further replies.