Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Turdferguson

I love to go in to a daily pickup stop and see the FedEx Ground package that has been there for several days still sitting there. I mockingly dust it off with my hand.

If the customer is one of my good ones I offer to take care of it for them by picking it up and dropping it off at MBE. Yeah, I know.....blah, blah, blah....it's called taking care of the customer.

I have no problem with that. I will tape up and give directions to FedEx or the Post office for packages people bring to the counter for people trying to drop them off at counter. Leave them with a good impression of UPS so that when they do ship something they will remember how nice I was to them.

I will deny saying that if someone try's to claim I am being nice ,and professional to people. I have a reputation to uphold

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ground. Part of the problem is the stupid customers call us (Express) for a Ground pickup and we leave them behind.

To me this doesn't make sense. Why not just pick them up, segregate them and add them to the Ground pile back at your station? Locally the Ground driver stops at the Express station every night; in fact, that station accepts both Express and Ground packages.

I would think it would take more time to try to explain the opco difference than to just take the package and go.

T

Turdferguson

Nah. Cheryl forbids it so we have to have our stupid back and forths where all stupid back and forths go on...here...the sweaty stinky armpit of BC. Oddly enough one of the more active areas. Like having jock itch. You wish it would just go away but the scratch of the itch feels so good.

I guess that is better than calling us the ass crack of BC

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
To me this doesn't make sense. Why not just pick them up, segregate them and add them to the Ground pile back at your station? Locally the Ground driver stops at the Express station every night; in fact, that station accepts both Express and Ground packages.

I would think it would take more time to try to explain the opco difference than to just take the package and go.

We're not supposed to. However, it depends on what the customer says and how they act. If they tell me they called Ground five days ago, I'll take it. If they are a jerk, no go. Call 1-800-go-fedex, ask for Ground.

bbsam

Staff member

Because Ground and Express have a mutual disdain for each other.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Morning OP. I saw it both ways when I was on route. Ground wouldn't pick up express, and express wouldn't pick up ground

Morning, Turdferguson. They should never pick ours up. Who knows how long it would sit in their building? We have a twice a day pickup from Ground at my building. I just put the package on their cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.