Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
PCMs are the one opportunity a day we get to talk to the driver group as a whole. Improving them is a good thing. We need to get employee's attention better. This should be a welcome change by all.

In the end we communicate very poorly as a company. This is a step to improving this. Is it a fix? Absolutely not. But I find it to be a welcome first step. We're never going to get people excited about listening. But we can draw their attention better.
We have later start times. Clock is ticking on NDA. Can't download EDD until five minutes before start time so I don't have a clue what's in my load. Yes it's easy money but I have a ton to do and not enough time to do it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why does management always think WE need to be improved? That's part of the problem. 99 percent of the people I work with know very well how to do their job. It's management and their lame brain technology that needs to be improved more often than not.
Also, the C in PCM stands for communication. Communication implies two parties exchanging information. What we have every morning is more like a Prework Dictation Meeting.
WE ALL have room to improve. Nobody does this job perfect. And anybody who says they do is full of it.

Communication does not have to be two ways to be considered communication. It's supposed to be an informative time. Do people take it as a time to beat down on the group as a whole? Sure. Should they? No. But when things across the board are being ignored that's the time we have to make it known the issue needs to be corrected or further action will be taken

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Yes I know! I need to drink water.... thank you.

I also need to go to the bathroom too,never him them mention that.
1291751719_kid-drinking-water-from-hose-fail.gif

WE ALL have room to improve. Nobody does this job perfect. And anybody who says they do is full of it.

Communication does not have to be two ways to be considered communication. It's supposed to be an informative time. Do people take it as a time to beat down on the group as a whole? Sure. Should they? No. But when things across the board are being ignored that's the time we have to make it known the issue needs to be corrected or further action will be taken
Then fix the real problems. This isn't flag football here!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Get us out of the building early and take some of the pressure off of us. Then guys wo t be forced into making poor decisions.
What do you expect us to do? Call up feeders and tell them I want the trailers earlier? And Louisville to tell them we expect air earlier? The way the network is set up that just isn't possible. In an ideal world I'd have you guys on the street at 8. But we don't have that option.

Future

Victory Ride

image.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
AS the preload goes so does the day, so why are you starting the preload so late that the loads suck?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Those of us that have (had) a good work ethic just want (wanted) to get out of the building and get to work.

Add air and early bulk stops on top of a long winded PCM, or 'approved AM meeting' if the air was late or pre-load wasn't wrapped, and we don't (didn't) give a flying leap at a rolling doughnut about the PCM.
It's 3 minutes. It doesn't make or break anybody's day

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

borg.jpg

Assimilation is inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.