Status
Not open for further replies.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Now kiss off..Tie Boy.
image.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member

Ko'Ollina (Marriot) is right next door and they share the same ocean pools like Disney's. We liked it because it's 2 bedroom and our grandson , who lives in Waianae would come over and spend a few nights. Expensive as hell!

Eating in Kapolei (especially at Zippy's) was reasonable. Kapolei has all the stores too.....the ones we're used to....Target, Walmart, etc. They carry many things Hawaiian that the mainland stores don't.

The best place we found for souveniers was the Dole Pineapple Plantation. I ended up getting everything on my list from there.....plus I had delicious pineapple soft serve cone. We've been there over and over again.....love it.

Also, be sure to drive around the island (North Shore) to the shrimp trucks for lunch...Giovanni's....don't order the hot! Don't let the look of it scare you. Guy Fieri was a visitor there. The truck is covered in autographs.

Of all the fancy restaurants, the best food for me was always at Zippy's.....and the fact that it was located next to the Kapolei Police Dept was an extra plus.

rod

Retired 23 years
We ate at KFC this afternoon. Once a year we go there on Memorial Day because that's where Dad always wanted to go when we used to gather at his house. Apparently KFC's chickens are born with no legs now days. There wasn't a leg to be had in either original or extra crispy at the buffet counter---and they reloaded it twice while we were there. Personally I would give up KFC for good if it was up to me.

We ate at KFC this afternoon. Once a year we go there on Memorial Day because that's where Dad always wanted to go when we used to gather at his house. Apparently KFC's chickens are born with no legs now days. There wasn't a leg to be had in either original or extra crispy at the buffet counter---and they reloaded it twice while we were there. Personally I would give up KFC for good if it was up to me.
Hi ,Rod

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Seems nowadays KFC is always out of something when I try to order it.

Status
Not open for further replies.