Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
When I go home.I don't worry about this place.
I usually hop on timecards and check everything out to make sure I'm good.
#1 thing to love. And when I'm on vacation I'm
On vacation. Not at the center 2-3 times during the week like my center manager
When I'm on vacation I'm out of town. No way I'm spending it here. But I check in on occasion, usually just with my guys though. I take a lot of pride in my sort. Now with the whole building, it will be interesting

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That is one of the biggest differences between hourly and Management.
In management, you are always working on something job-related ... trying to improve things.
I tried a position like that once before. I just can't get into a job enough to do it. Years ago I started off wanting more of a career, until I realized I don't want to turn something I enjoy doing into work. Anymore it's nothing more than that to me; a job. Simply a means to fund my real life that starts as soon as I punch out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hell, I turn my phone off altogether when my vacation starts.

You have a cell phone specifically for work?

I have caller ID.

To be fair, our center manager does check in from time to time while he is gone. He says and I agree that a manager who feels the need to come in during their vacation has not properly prepared his underlings.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just in the beginning.
By their 5th year, almost all driver sups have caught up or passed their drivers.
That first 5 years is a head-scratching period.

We had a 15 yr driver who made the move. The two biggest adjustments were being paid monthly and the drop in pay. He also said that he had more than recovered within 5 years.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You have a cell phone specifically for work?

I have caller ID.

To be fair, our center manager does check in from time to time while he is gone. He says and I agree that a manager who feels the need to come in during their vacation has not properly prepared his underlings.
No, but I'd just rather not even hear it ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.