ORION

Rainman

Its all good.
I'm over miles every day, over allowed every day, and 95-100% in Orion trace. If they know Orion is stupid and want me to do stupid, then I'll do stupid. The longer I work here the less willing I am to argue with them over something trivial. I work as directed until directed otherwise. The end result is their problem. I give them the courtesy of telling them something Is a bad idea, but what they do with it is there problem.

By The Book

I'm over miles every day, over allowed every day, and 95-100% in Orion trace. If they know Orion is stupid and want me to do stupid, then I'll do stupid. The longer I work here the less willing I am to argue with them over something trivial. I work as directed until directed otherwise. The end result is their problem. I give them the courtesy of telling them something Is a bad idea, but what they do with it is there problem.
Soon you will not bother giving them a heads up because you've realized they won't fix it anyway. I just show up, leave my board in Orion all day and make good decisions. I've learned to let them do their job, and me do mine without trying to fix everything.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm hovering around 85% on trace and sucking just as bad as everyone else on miles. I know that if I had the luxury of being provided the tablet (with several backup batteries) that the ORION team and our on cars have I could put a small dent in my "excess miles." But until then they are stuck with what they got.
Soon you will not bother giving them a heads up because you've realized they won't fix it anyway. I just show up, leave my board in Orion all day and make good decisions. I've learned to let them do their job, and me do mine without trying to fix everything.

I'm using ORION less and less by the day. And I gave up on trying to give them a heads up on most of their mistakes a long time ago. It was a waste of time and oxygen when I tried.

S

selfcancelsignal

We haven't even gone on it yet, but just got it installed on our DIADS last week. Day 1, my last stop of the day was 18 for RDC. So much for using the barn doors 'til the last stop of the day.?

By The Book

We haven't even gone on it yet, but just got it installed on our DIADS last week. Day 1, my last stop of the day was 18 for RDC. So much for using the barn doors 'til the last stop of the day.?
You will find even though they know what's right service wise they will set up your route so it plans lower on miles. Then it's up to you to make service on everything and not increase miles too much. Kind of like cherry picking your businesses out before they close. When you do this you should resist the urge to deliver those resis on your travel path back to where your on trace again.

FilingBluesFL

Apparently on Monday I'm going to be getting a warning letter for not following "Proper delivery and Pickup methods" for going over the projected Orion miles, after following Orion 100%.

Should be an entertaining day tomorrow...

FilingBluesFL

Maliciously obedient...I would have said....oh, so you do admit that the orion solution is a failure? My on car told me when I was in the office the last time that they want obedience. I said okay! What do you know... the issues with the route I'd been running get fixed...

When I brought up to both the on-road and the district manager that were "disciplining" me on Friday that I couldn't possibly have run up any excessive miles because I followed Orion 100%, the district manager kept telling me "the plan doesn't matter." Every time I pointed out that I ran Orion perfect, he kept telling me the "plan" doesn't matter.

Soooo.... I guess I just don't follow Orion anymore?

FilingBluesFL

You are nothing special. I will be at UPS long after you've blown out at least one of your knees and torn a rotator cup.

The Fedex Home guy that works in the area that does a couple routes I cover is currently out recovering from knee surgery for blowing out his knee's.

He would always run, jump, back, pull in, do everything "wrong" and this is what he has earned himself.

The guy covering for him, is out until 6-7pm every night trying to do what he did.

Rainman

Its all good.
I have them their heads up a long time ago. We've had Orion for a couple of years now. When I got my new route a couple of months ago, I told them what stupid stuff it wanted me to do. I also told them I was doing what Orion told me to do. At that point it was in their ballpark, for them to tell me whether or not to continue following it. They didn't give me any new instructions, so I'm following Orion as much as I can while making committed air and commercial deliveries before closing time.
This ain't my first rodeo, and I made a decision years ago not to sweat and fret the details about decisions that I have no control over. The longer I work here, the less I concern myself with that crap. They don't want me to think, just follow orders. So that's what I do. I make the deliveries, don't piss off my customers, I'm not a problem child, I do my job, and they leave me alone.

Boulevard859710

The Fedex Home guy that works in the area that does a couple routes I cover is currently out recovering from knee surgery for blowing out his knee's.

He would always run, jump, back, pull in, do everything "wrong" and this is what he has earned himself.

The guy covering for him, is out until 6-7pm every night trying to do what he did.
I stopped jumping out of the truck when I was 38. I'm now 45 and it has made all the difference. I think people panic because they're trying to make up time but if you know where the hell you're going that's where you'll save time. You won't save it by beating yourself up.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I stopped jumping out of the truck when I was 38. I'm now 45 and it has made all the difference. I think people panic because they're trying to make up time but if you know where the hell you're going that's where you'll save time. You won't save it by beating yourself up.
Definitely go at the pace you feel comfortable at mentally and physically. Freak their make believe numbers, if they don't like it they can kiss my BALLZ lol. That game has been over for years with me, don't care at all, nobody is making me go any faster than I want or feel comfortable at. Jobs a marathon not a 40 yard dash, only way youll make it to the finish line.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
When I brought up to both the on-road and the district manager that were "disciplining" me on Friday that I couldn't possibly have run up any excessive miles because I followed Orion 100%, the district manager kept telling me "the plan doesn't matter." Every time I pointed out that I ran Orion perfect, he kept telling me the "plan" doesn't matter.

Well he's clearly just a Richard.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

What you should do.....is to just go out there do your job in a manner that best represents the interests of the company. Make good decisions, take care of the customers, and be safe and productive and efficient as possible. Your management team has already made it clear to you that they are going to bitch and whine regardless of what choices you make, so there is no point in worrying about anything they say.