ORION

porkwagon

The first stop should be loaded in a place where a driver can select the package within seconds not minutes. Section 1 or RDR/RDL. That being said, I try to find it before I leave the building, if I can't find it, I get a supervisor to help me find it. They usually say forget it even though it's a hot potato in my center.

MrBrown

And Im about to turn 37. I gotta use both said piss and vinegar while i still got it. save the piss that goes into the Gatorade bottle in the back of the truck

Browntown2014

UPS wants to be able to hire anyone off the street and plug them into a route and get it mostly done with ORION if that is what you mean. The fact that service would suck and customers would complain wouldn't matter.

How is Orion different than EDD to a new driver? They wouldn't know the difference. If anything EDD is easier to run than an Orion route.

porkwagon

Lose my job over it? No, i said I would receive a warning letter for it. I actually like the company I work for. I destroy the routes I cover, 2 hours earlier then the guys who own them. I dont bite the hand that feeds me. I play by the rules and i make 19.50 an hour. Orion will not make me a faster driver or decrease my mileage. Go sox by the way
About these routes you're destroying, are the regular drivers significantly over allowed by UPS standards? If not, how are you getting it done up to 2 hours earlier? Do you really play by the rules? Do you do ANY work off the clock? (Come in early to go through your load, or do any work during your meal period?) Because if you are, you are not playing by the rules.

box_beeyotch

About these routes you're destroying, are the regular drivers significantly over allowed by UPS standards? If not, how are you getting it done up to 2 hours earlier? Do you really play by the rules? Do you do ANY work off the clock? (Come in early to go through your load, or do any work during your meal period?) Because if you are, you are not playing by the rules.
Going out and "killing" routes is not the way to earn respect from your peers or have a fair paycheck.

box_beeyotch

Yep. All it really is is going out and killing yourself. Freakin idiots.

Unless you really need to be off early for something important and weren't afforded the day off, their is no excuse. I'm not saying dog the route, but don't go out running, skipping your lunch, and taking shortcuts either. Do the job the way it's supposed to be done.

MrBrown

excellent question. They look good on paper because their mileage is high. I do zero work off the clock, not a second. I dont even look through my diad other than to see when my break is over. But I also start the engine and pull away the second my break ends. When i was a casual I gave ups countless hours of free time. Not anymore. Being a fast driver awards you certain privileges. I do however take my breaks when i want to. I take all my breaks and im back to the building well b4 730.

wayfair

swollen member
I actually like the company I work for. I destroy the routes I cover, 2 hours earlier then the guys who own them. I dont bite the hand that feeds me. I play by the rules and i make 19.50 an hour.

hey bud, you like giving the company your money?

because at $19.50 an hour, hmmm, OT is $29.25 and you just RAN $50 a day OFF your weeks pay...

MrBrown

run? I dont run. I barely "walk at a brisk pace" Apparently the routes I cover the drivers just suck and I would get a reality check if I covered your route. I cover 4 routes and get no time off. you senior guys love taking your time off. Give me 15 years and ill fill your shoes. the cycle continues

Last edited:

porkwagon

hey bud, you like giving the company your money?

because at $19.50 an hour, hmmm, OT is $29.25 and you just RAN $50 a day OFF your weeks pay...
He said he is not doing any work off the clock. I'll take his word for it. Just use the methods, and get paid for all hours worked.