Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ohhhh!! Show me where you said you were in DC or that area.
Signed. I don't know what the company's official position on COVID-19 is, but I do know that my station outside of DC is doing nothing to prevent or mitigate its spread. They're putting the onus on the individual workers to "keep things clean" and "disinfect" surfaces while not providing any of the materials or resources necessary to do any of it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I wonder if that's the same station that had 20something FT open courier positions that never made it into the Workday system...

Talking about baltimore. The one time I visited to see my sister after seeing my old man in virginia, I never had some many young bloods try to wash my front windshield. It reminded me of home :shifty:

AB831

Sure I can, when there's a reason.

It's not like I ruined my life with one dumb decision after another and am blaming it on a company.
Deflecting with a personal attack huh? Wow, you’re an insecure little baby. Please tell me more about my time living in “California” 😂😂

vantexan

Sure I can, when there's a reason.

It's not like I ruined my life with one dumb decision after another and am blaming it on a company.
Still can't admit you're wrong. That's the difference between you and me, I have no problem admitting my mistakes or saying I'm wrong when I am. You on the other hand will only say you're wrong to someone in a superior corporate position. And that's only if you can remove your lips from their ass cheek long enough to say it.

floridays

The cost of fighting it or jumping through the hoops to fall under RLA compliance would be more expensive than that. You take the cheapest avenue.
What hoops would need to be jumped through?
Both were merely created for settling labor disputes.

If there was a wildcat strike at Express tomorrow exactly which party would represent employees?
Exactly how would a mediator enforce a back to work order if issued and to whom would the order be issued?

floridays

If the Democrats happen to control the government after the election I'm sure the Teamsters are going to try again. It's in their interest to try to get FedEx unionized. If the government is divided nothing will happen. With FedEx not sticking to their pay plan there's likely enough employees willing to vote for a union.
Doubtful

floridays

You may be right. But there's less of the topped out old timers than in 2010 still around.
I didn't offer doubtful with glee either.
I think I'm just being realistic.

If it is to be done, today is the day.
Express is bent over exposed,in the perfect position to be dictated to.

They would be forced to recognize union representation and we don't even have one that is courting us.

It would take an initial mass move by employees to walk out.

It would have to be at the hubs and ramps, couriers need not put themselves out as an initial target, they are easier to pick off as a group.

When the airport workers stand up, couriers fall in line and park and lock vehicles.
It wouldn't last two days, there is no contract that allows employees be bound to any order.

Dano knows I am correct, precisely the reason he won't touch any post I have made regarding work stoppage.

Employees are like herding cats and cannot in large enough numbers be persuaded of the position of power they hold.

AB831

I’m just curious how this brain dead imbecile thinks I googled a picture of someone covering up a Maryland license with their hand, AND thinks that’s a more likely scenario than him just being plain wrong, which he often is.