Our Senior Manager said 3% raise for everyone October 1

falcon back

The most stressful part of their day is - what's for lunch, and who's going to get it!
As a courier that is the main question of the day. If delivering packages stresses you out mentally, might not be the job for you. With all the automation, the job is much easier today than it was years ago.

CatMan

As a courier that is the main question of the day. If delivering packages stresses you out mentally, might not be the job for you. With all the automation, the job is much easier today than it was years ago.
Yeah , closing in on 30 years as a courier ,it's not for me. Maybe I'll send the wife out for some scratchers and make up a bull:censored2: story about how I'm rich and going to retire...Oh right , that idea has already been used by some idiot on here!

falcon back

Yeah , closing in on 30 years as a courier ,it's not for me. Maybe I'll send the wife out for some scratchers and make up a bull:censored2: story about how I'm rich and going to retire...Oh right , that idea has already been used by some idiot on here!
30 years? When you get a few more years experience you might have the job figured out. It gets easier when you get the hang of it. I know you are frustrated but don't give up.

dezguy

30 years? When you get a few more years experience you might have the job figured out. It gets easier when you get the hang of it. I know you are frustrated but don't give up.
What's the matter? I call out your little crush on van and now you're embarrassed so you're trying to find another play friend?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Having DGO as a separate company would clearly put it under the NLRA. Try to educate yourself son.

No it wouldn't. It could go one of two ways.

DGO is spun off into a subsidiary of Express. The NMB says that a subsidiary owned by an RLA carrier that has a certain degree of control over the subsidiary's operation is covered by the RLA.

DGO is spun off into a separate company not owned by Express. The NMB says that a company that gets 80% or more of its business providing services for an RLA carrier (let alone working exclusively for an RLA carrier) is subject to RLA coverage.

One of us understands this and the other one is you. Keep trying, sonny boy.

vantexan

DGO is spun off into a subsidiary of Express. The NMB says that a subsidiary owned by an RLA carrier that has a certain degree of control over the subsidiary's operation is covered by the RLA.

DGO is spun off into a separate company not owned by Express. The NMB says that a company that gets 80% or more of its business providing services for an RLA carrier (let alone working exclusively for an RLA carrier) is subject to RLA coverage.

All it would take is for Congress to change the rules. If it was as you said then there wouldn't have been a need to donate $32 million to Democrat campaign coffers in 2010. Fred must've had some fear otherwise.

59 Dano

All it would take is for Congress to change the rules. If it was as you said then there wouldn't have been a need to donate $32 million to Democrat campaign coffers in 2010. Fred must've had some fear otherwise.

The cost of fighting it or jumping through the hoops to fall under RLA compliance would be more expensive than that. You take the cheapest avenue.

59 Dano

Occasionally they 'manage' to put in an 8 hour day.
Or how about "Sit on your ass in your air conditioned office with your little computer and judge"
The most stressful part of their day is - what's for lunch, and who's going to get it!

Remember when the board lockstep circle jerk about the job of ops manager was that they were stressed beyond belief, worked to death, and their marriages were in shambles and that's why no one wanted to go into management?

vantexan

The cost of fighting it or jumping through the hoops to fall under RLA compliance would be more expensive than that. You take the cheapest avenue.
If the Democrats happen to control the government after the election I'm sure the Teamsters are going to try again. It's in their interest to try to get FedEx unionized. If the government is divided nothing will happen. With FedEx not sticking to their pay plan there's likely enough employees willing to vote for a union.

MAKAVELI

Banned

Look dip:censored2: Freight is owned by FedEx Corp and under NLRA. Ttku...

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Remember when the board lockstep circle jerk about the job of ops manager was that they were stressed beyond belief, worked to death, and their marriages were in shambles and that's why no one wanted to go into management?
Then we found out that the position required the lack of a soul.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Because FedEx Corp IS NOT AN RLA CARRIER. How, with all the freely available information that's out there, are you still this stupid?
If DGO is spun off, it would be purely a trucking company. Wouldn't matter where and how it's freight is transported to them. Are you really this stupid? Not surprising you were a low level manager at FedEx. The company is full of you idiots.

59 Dano

If DGO is spun off, it would be purely a trucking company. Wouldn't matter where and how it's freight is transported to them.

The National Mediation Board has ruled that a trucking company that operates exclusively to serve an RLA carrier IS COVERED BY THE RLA. Are you really so stupid that you're denying that which has already been decided?