Peak 2017

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Everyone wants to blame someone else for their lot in life when 99% of the time it was our own choices that led us there.
I am all for accepting responsibility for my actions, but there are innumerable choices in life that people make in which they have no control over the outcomes. Again, give thanks for your blessings. You didn't build that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am all for accepting responsibility for my actions, but there are innumerable choices in life that people make in which they have no control over the outcomes. Again, give thanks for your blessings. You didn't build that.
What a load of :censored2:.

You're right I didn't build it alone. Had a great partner along the way. But our hard work together built it.

We started at 22 years old in an apt that in our first week alone away from home had the stove catch fire. Went thru 3 fridges before one worked. The lease agreement came with a sheet attached on "natural" ways to control roach populations. Oh and a meth lab blew up across the street. All in the first week on our own. But we didn't run back home.

Now in our mid 30's we have a net worth approaching a million dollars. It's not been easy but WE worked our asses off and WE made good choices.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What's your point?

If your plan was to sit at home and collect alimony then no I'd say you made the right choice.

If you're upset about it then yeah i would say it's your fault you did a bad job choosing a partner.

What's your point?

If your plan was to sit at home and collect alimony then no I'd say you made the right choice.

If you're upset about it then yeah i would say it's your fault you did a bad job choosing a partner.

In hind sight, poor choice, but not your fault What someone else chooses.

Oldfart

You NEVER sacrifice your retirement in order to send your kid to college. Most state ran universities cost 11k or so in tuition and books per year. Start saving early to HELP the kid with tuition. The kid can live at home and get a JOB. He can get small loans to help with tuition. He can apply for scholarships in his spare time. College can be paid for in a number of ways. Your retirement can't.

Oldfart

What a load of :censored2:.

You're right I didn't build it alone. Had a great partner along the way. But our hard work together built it.

We started at 22 years old in an apt that in our first week alone away from home had the stove catch fire. Went thru 3 fridges before one worked. The lease agreement came with a sheet attached on "natural" ways to control roach populations. Oh and a meth lab blew up across the street. All in the first week on our own. But we didn't run back home.

Now in our mid 30's we have a net worth approaching a million dollars. It's not been easy but WE worked our asses off and WE made good choices.
Wasting your breath. Most on here don't understand sacrifice and hard work when it comes to saving for retirement. Excuses are their strong suit.

It will be fine

You NEVER sacrifice your retirement in order to send your kid to college. Most state ran universities cost 11k or so in tuition and books per year. Start saving early to HELP the kid with tuition. The kid can live at home and get a JOB. He can get small loans to help with tuition. He can apply for scholarships in his spare time. College can be paid for in a number of ways. Your retirement can't.
Do you have kids? Doesn't sound like it.

Oldfart

Do you have kids? Doesn't sound like it.
2 kids. Both graduated from the local state university. Both had jobs before and during college. I did help with tuition but they both got scholarships and not only academic. There are many scholarships out there that get unused because people never apply for them. Both graduated with a little over 5k in student loans and were able to pay them off in less than 5 years. People don't have to get an expensive college degree to get a good job.