President Obama!

bbsam

Staff member
Re: Obamanomics

Obama is in bed with Wall Street..........It's MAIN STREET that needs the bump, duh!
That's not coming anytime in the near future no matter who wins in 2012. Those changes are the structural ones people have been talking about and aren't going to be handled by playing with discretionary spending. But the recovery had to start somewhere.

moreluck

golden ticket member

The stock market is people buying & selling and showing their confidence, or lack of it, in companies. It is only one barometer.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In Mass. , we have people who make to much to qualify to be included in the state program, yet can not afford to purchase private insurance while still paying other bills; food, housing, child care. So the state gov't 's solution is to fine them and impose a jail sentence. And we call this living in a democracy ?
Is this also included in Obamacare ?

bbsam

Staff member

The stock market is people buying & selling and showing their confidence, or lack of it, in companies. It is only one barometer.
Absolutely. Only one barometer, but an obvious one to attack a president when down or praise him when it's up, no? It is a single measure that at this time points upward so we at best can say the economy is in a mixed or transitional state and while some indicators (unemployment) point negatively for the president, not all is doom and gloom regardless of what the political cartoon on WND says for the day.

moreluck

golden ticket member

12,582 is not a cause for celebration....we are still making up lost ground......so we've travelled this road before. The pres. has no idea how the economy works and when he looks to all his lawyer-friend advisors, he sees shoulders shrugging. His release of oil from the reserves is a sign he has no clue. It's for emergencies and him being down in the polls is not an emergency!! I will give you the fact that he's an excellent campaigner, but he can't lead.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

12,582 is not a cause for celebration....we are still making up lost ground......so we've travelled this road before. The pres. has no idea how the economy works and when he looks to all his lawyer-friend advisors, he sees shoulders shrugging. His release of oil from the reserves is a sign he has no clue. It's for emergencies and him being down in the polls is not an emergency!! I will give you the fact that he's an excellent campaigner, but he can't lead.

Release of oil is helping all americans. Whether you like it or not. Just in case you missed it, you claimed oil was up and just before you could clap your hands, oil was back down.

I think its you that doesnt understand the economy.

Peace.

bbsam

Staff member

I think he is leading by insisting that Congress, which over the years has ceded power to the president, be part of the process again. Not neat and efficient, but that's not what representative governments are supposed to be.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Release of oil is helping all americans. Whether you like it or not. Just in case you missed it, you claimed oil was up and just before you could clap your hands, oil was back down.

I think its you that doesnt understand the economy.

Peace.

The price of oil was heading downward already and he butted in !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The price of oil was heading downward already and he butted in !!

As I said to you before. You dont know jackdiddlysquat about oil. 2 weeks prior, OPEC refuse to increase the production of oil and holding oil on an UP trend. The saudis, under pressure from the administration to increase oil since we protect them, unilaterally announced they would increase oil.

This increase started a manufactured decline and as a message to the rest of the industry ( a shot across the bow sotospeak) obama releases oil from the spr to speed up the decline.

You on the other hand, would rather oil set at 4 bucks or higher, as you know that will kill the economy and give the republicans some sort of edge in 2012. You, like the republican party, would rather sacrifice the entire country and its people just to win an election.

Oil is a manipulated market, and you only seem to agree with the practice when oil is heading up.

I just dont get it.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well, jail does offer health care.

but at what cost ? If the person happens to be the family's main bread winner and is sentenced to jail then what happens to that person's job and who will support the family ? the state ?
I see it as a lose-lose situation.

moreluck

golden ticket member

WiseT20110703_low.jpg

bbsam

Staff member

Why ask when you can just bomb them back into the stone age and take the oil from them. I'm just sayin'.
Because in some twist of ethics, it's ok to bomb them into the stone age, but not to take the oil. Weird.

In today's Email:
I was eating lunch on the 20th of February with my 5-year-old granddaughter and I asked her, "What day is tomorrow?"

She said "It's President's Day!"

She is a smart kid. So, I asked "What does President's Day mean?" I was waiting for something about Washington or Lincoln ... etc.

She replied, "President's Day is when President Obama steps out of the White House , and if he sees his shadow we have one more year of unemployment."

You know, it hurts when coffee spurts out your nose...

Just wanted to share. LMAO