President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

Obama_Blackboard.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, you would think a country founded by immigrants would be more tolerant of those who try to retain their individualities....
Since you don't get it, Dave........Immigrant muslims move into Plattsburgh and change all of you laws to Sharia law..........that would be OK with you?
You can now beat your wife legally.................Honor killings are OK too. And Your good with that?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since you don't get it, Dave........Immigrant muslims move into Plattsburgh and change all of you laws to Sharia law..........that would be OK with you?
You can now beat your wife legally.................Honor killings are OK too. And Your good with that?

It's amazing just how truly clueless you are. Dave.

I have yet to have any immigrant ask me to do things "their way".
I haven't either .....personally. However that doesn't change the fact that some immigrants are trying to change our laws to suit them. If you don't know this already, you just aren't paying attention.

bbsam

Staff member
I haven't either .....personally. However that doesn't change the fact that some immigrants are trying to change our laws to suit them. If you don't know this already, you just aren't paying attention.
People, whether immigrants or not are free to work to change the laws in this country. I am going to assume that you already know that and refrain from being insulting.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not too long ago, in Florida I believe, they were using Sharia law in OUR courtrooms to settle a case.. In the UK, where the muslim immigration is high, they already are experiencing their melting pot turning into a muslim country. Ask a Brit....Bob golfs with 2 of them....one from n. and one from s. and both say it's become horrible there. Wake up people!!

People, whether immigrants or not are free to work to change the laws in this country. I am going to assume that you already know that and refrain from being insulting.
No they can't just up and change the laws on their own however there has been several lawsuits where immigrants have tried to circumvent the laws in place. Is this not trying to change, or be exempt from the law? I think it is.
You know full well the point More was making, and she right also.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, and by the way....they won't ask. It'll start slow like the lady with the veil wanting to keep the veil on for her driver's license picture. And the teacher who wanted the month off to make her pilgrimage and suing to get it.

Yeah, you would think a country founded by immigrants would be more tolerant of those who try to retain their individualities....
I don't think anyone has a problem with any of the legal immigrants their individuality. It is when they collectively try to change or circumvent the laws already active in the US. As More pointed out, the use of Sharia here is just one example.

When the immigrants started come in through Eilis Island, the swore allegiance to the US, learned english, and simulated into our society as best they could. The immigrants of today aren't doing that.

bbsam

Staff member
Not too long ago, in Florida I believe, they were using Sharia law in OUR courtrooms to settle a case.. In the UK, where the muslim immigration is high, they already are experiencing their melting pot turning into a muslim country. Ask a Brit....Bob golfs with 2 of them....one from n. and one from s. and both say it's become horrible there. Wake up people!!
if you honestly look up that case, you will find that sharia law while cited, was not what the case was decided on.

bbsam

Staff member
No they can't just up and change the laws on their own however there has been several lawsuits where immigrants have tried to circumvent the laws in place. Is this not trying to change, or be exempt from the law? I think it is.
You know full well the point More was making, and she right also.
since when is a court of law an inappropriate venue to challenge and change law? If that were true, "Citizens United" would mean nothing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

What is with Obama wanting to bypass congress....does he think he's a king?

Obama bypasses Congress with mortgage plan - Yahoo! News