President Obama!

tieguy

Banned
Re: Obamanation here today

Can you at least wait until President Obama has addressed the nation, and then state a rational rebuttal, based on facts, instead of opinion?

You're right the latest news reports now say Obama will give his generals thirty thousand instead of the forty asked for.

BTW, the general is NOT President Obama's commander, just the opposite, in fact. The last I looked, this was still a government run my civilians, and that goes for the military, too.

Silly me. I thought the the commander in chief with no military experience should support the troops who are fighting and dying for him.

General's are not always right in their judgment. I seem to recall a judgment made by General McCrystal in the Pat Tillman case that was far from being the right choice. He's lucky he still has a job.

I'm fine with that argument. Relieve the general and lets send Obama over there to personally lead the troops.

Your assessment the President Obama 'screwed his troops' is so far off base, but it should be pointed out that making an informed opinion has never been shown to harm our troops. It is rushed behavior that does harm.

Fools rush in ....

He claimed to have all the answers before he got elected. I didn't realize he needed to go back and study his notes. Its clear the guy went back to his political advisors and said oh crap what do I do now.

what obama has done is actually pissed off most of the country with his decision. Those that wanted him to fully support his troops are now pissed because he short cut them.

those that wanted him to stop the wars are now pissed he decided to increase the troop levels.

wkmac

To all those who repeatedly claimed that, no matter what "mistakes" he might make and regardless of the scope of the devastating effects of those errors, Obama had to represent a markedly better choice than McCain, take note: in certain respects, Obama is far more dangerous than McCain could have been. For the same reasons, Obama is also more dangerous than Bush was. I remind you that I have written numerous essays damning Bush for almost every single one of his policies. It is hardly the case that I viewed Bush in anything approaching a positive light, however remotely.

In large part, the danger represented by Obama arises from the fact that Obama's election gutted whatever effective opposition might have existed. To their eternal shame, the Democrats never opposed Bush in any way that mattered -- but at least the possibility of opposition had not been obliterated entirely. In the near term and probably for longer, that possibility now appears to have been extinguished. I've been writing about this aspect of Obama and what he embodies for some time; see, as one example, "The Fatal Illusion of Opposition." .........

To return to one of the points from which we began: when Bush or others in his administration made efforts in this direction, they were quickly condemned. If McCain had offered similar statements, he would almost certainly have been similarly condemned, out of primitive partisanship if for no other reason. But who will object when Obama makes such statements? Other than a few disaffected people like me, anyone at all? Anyone of note? I very much doubt it. We shall see.

A Deadly Liar and Manipulator

tieguy

Banned

Two prominent Bush administration officials are publicly praising President Obama for his decision to send additional troops to Afghanistan.

Perhaps a new political strategy that the republicans should consider. Keep praising Obama for those qualities republicans find endearing and thus keep pissing off his liberal base.
Maybe a full page ad in USA today congratulating Obama on having the courage to defy the liberals who opposed his supporting his generals.

diesel96

Perhaps a new political strategy that the republicans should consider. Keep praising Obama for those qualities republicans find endearing and thus keep pissing off his liberal base.
Maybe a full page ad in USA today congratulating Obama on having the courage to defy the liberals who opposed his supporting his generals.

Tie, If it was up to you, why even have a Civilian Gov't calling the shots? Sounds like you'd be fine with the military running the country...At ease !

tieguy

Banned

Tie, If it was up to you, why even have a Civilian Gov't calling the shots? Sounds like you'd be fine with the military running the country...At ease !

I think its ok for me to comment on how the civilan arrives at his decision. I would rather see the civilan base his decision on the needs of the troops then the political ramifications of his decision.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

LETTER TO OBAMA: NO MUSLIMS FOUNDED AMERICA! :NO MUSLIMS FOUNDED AMERICA

NO MUSLIMS FOUNDED AMERICA BUT OBAMA THINKS THEY WERE THERE!

by Lee S. Gliddon, Jr.
Nov 14th, 2009
Dear Mr. Obama,
OBAMA said, in his Cairo speech: “I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America ’s story. Dear Mr. Obama: Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.
Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving day? Sorry again, …those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.
Can you show me one Muslim signature on the United States Constitution? Declaration of Independence ? Bill of Rights? Didn’t think so.
Did Muslims fight for this country’s freedom from England ? No. Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not.
In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own ‘half brother’ a devout Muslim still advocates slavery himself, even though muslims of Arabic descent refer to black muslims as “pug nosed slaves.” Says a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family’s “rich Islamic heritage” doesn’t it Mr.Obama? Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.
There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side with Martin Luther King Jr.. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights. Where were Muslims during this country’s Woman’s Suffrage era? Again, not present.
In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture. So much so that often they are beaten for not wearing the ‘hajib’ or for talking to a man that is not a direct family member or their husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women’s rights aren’t they?
Where were Muslims during World War II? They were aligned with Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazi’s in killing Jews.
Finally Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001? If they weren’t flying planes into the World Trade Center , the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the middle east.
No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other news networks that day. Strangely, the very “moderate” Muslims who’s asses you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo , Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11.
To many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day. And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the “rich heritage” Muslims have here in America .
And now we can add November 5, 2009-- the slaughter of American soldiers at Fort Hood by a muslim major who is a doctor and a psychiatrist who was supposed to be counselling soldiers returning from battle in Iraq and Afghanistan. That, Obama is the "muslim heritage" in America.

wkmac

LETTER TO OBAMA: NO MUSLIMS FOUNDED AMERICA! :NO MUSLIMS FOUNDED AMERICA

NO MUSLIMS FOUNDED AMERICA BUT OBAMA THINKS THEY WERE THERE!

by Lee S. Gliddon, Jr.
Nov 14th, 2009
Dear Mr. Obama,
OBAMA said, in his Cairo speech: “I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America ’s story. Dear Mr. Obama: Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.
Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving day? Sorry again, …those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.
Can you show me one Muslim signature on the United States Constitution? Declaration of Independence ? Bill of Rights? Didn’t think so.
Did Muslims fight for this country’s freedom from England ? No. Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not.
In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own ‘half brother’ a devout Muslim still advocates slavery himself, even though muslims of Arabic descent refer to black muslims as “pug nosed slaves.” Says a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family’s “rich Islamic heritage” doesn’t it Mr.Obama? Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.
There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side with Martin Luther King Jr.. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights. Where were Muslims during this country’s Woman’s Suffrage era? Again, not present.
In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture. So much so that often they are beaten for not wearing the ‘hajib’ or for talking to a man that is not a direct family member or their husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women’s rights aren’t they?
Where were Muslims during World War II? They were aligned with Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazi’s in killing Jews.
Finally Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001? If they weren’t flying planes into the World Trade Center , the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the middle east.
No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other news networks that day. Strangely, the very “moderate” Muslims who’s asses you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo , Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11.
To many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day. And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the “rich heritage” Muslims have here in America .
And now we can add November 5, 2009-- the slaughter of American soldiers at Fort Hood by a muslim major who is a doctor and a psychiatrist who was supposed to be counselling soldiers returning from battle in Iraq and Afghanistan. That, Obama is the "muslim heritage" in America.

:winks:

moreluck

golden ticket member

Our wartime president is heading out today to collect his PEACE prize. Something sounds wrong about that! :dissapointed:

tieguy

Banned

Our wartime president is heading out today to collect his PEACE prize. Something sounds wrong about that! :dissapointed:

Well if you say you're sorry for what Bush did while you keep doing the same thing then you too can get a Noble peach prize. :happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Another trip abroad ?
How many does that make ?
Is he on record to be the first president to spent the least time in DC ?
has anyone determined to date what his carbon footprint is ?

wkmac

These darlings of the republican/conservative movement are backing O-Bomb-A so what are you guys waiting on? Besides, in time of war did I not hear that folks like me who opposed Bush were suppose to shut up and show loyalty but now you guys don't want to follow your own advice in the case of O-Bomb-A? Whose the disloyal, unpatriotic, malcontent now?

Oh, and for the O-Bomb-A fans who think my twist of the President's name is wrong, well might I remind that this door was open with one called Be-Tray-US!

The Great Game: US, Nato, Afghanistan

America and Russia: Has the Cold War Ended

Maybe We Focus Too Much on the Wrong Roosevelt

The New Great Game circa 1996'

tieguy

Banned

2012 elections are less than three years away, run for president. Do what he did and win the election.

You're telling More to to lie her ass off to take the job? The good news is More would not be lying when she said she "inherited" this mess from Obama.

wkmac

Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not.
In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own ‘half brother’ a devout Muslim still advocates slavery himself, even though muslims of Arabic descent refer to black muslims as “pug nosed slaves.”

Minister, Wife Charged With Human Trafficking

Posted: 5:35 pm EST December 9, 2009Updated: 6:35 pm EST December 9, 2009
ATLANTA -- An Ellenwood minister and his wife were arrested and charged after authorities said they made a woman work for them and their friends for little or no money.
Federal Bureau of Investigation and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested Juna Gwendolyn Babb, 54, and her minister husband, Michael J. Babb, 53, on Wednesday.
Officials said the Babbs enticed a woman to come to the United States from the Kingdom of Swaziland, Africa, by falsely promising her a lucrative, short-term opportunity to provide catering at a family member's wedding.
Once the victim arrived in the U.S., authorities said the couple made her their housekeeper and nanny through threats of arrest and imprisonment. Officials said the Babbs confiscated her passport and return airline ticket and told the victim she owed them for the costs of her travel.
The couple allegedly required the victim to clean the homes of their friends and associates, and to assist with Michael Babb's construction business, authorities said.
The indictment alleges that the defendants required the victim to work long hours every day of the week, for which the victim was grossly underpaid on the few occasions that she was paid at all.
The Babbs were indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of conspiracy, forced labor, document servitude, which is confiscating someone’s passport and visa, and harboring an alien for financial gain.
Bond was set at $20,000.

Colossians 3:22

New International Version (©1984)
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

King James Bible
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;

Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

King James Bible
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

1 Timothy 6:1

All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered.

King James Bible
Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

Titus 2:9

Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,

King James Bible
Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;

1 Peter 2:18

Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

King James Bible
Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

When it comes to Slavery, I don't think muslims are the only ones with the moral dilemma!

wkmac

My Friend The President by Glenn Greenwald

Over the past couple of days, Andrew Sullivan has linked to and published protests from various individuals who are quite angry that people "on the left" are being so mean to President Obama, and several of them are so upset that they have decided they are "leaving the left," whatever that might mean. What's most striking about these valiant defenses of Obama is how utterly devoid they are of any substantive points and how, instead, suffuse with weird, even inappropriate, emotional attachments they are.

Will the Last “Progressive for Obama” Please Turn Out the Lights? from the Black Agenda Report

Black Agenda Report heartily endorses this Saturday’s Emergency Anti-Escalation Rally in front of the White House. Having said that, we turn to the subject of the legions of Obama-smitten activists that abandoned confrontation with Power for the past several years, for fear of harming their hero’s presidential prospects. How wrong they were, as subsequent events have shown.

Black Caucus Finally Gets the Message: Obama’s Not ‘The One’ from the Black Agenda Report

One can only hide from reality so long, before it catches up and bites you on the butt. The Congressional Black Caucus has been pretending that Barack Obama is the best thing to hit Washington for Black folks since the Emancipation Proclamation. It was, of course, deliriously wishful thinking, grounded in no reality whatsoever – a self-induced illusion initially shared by most African Americans and by legions of Kool-Aid drinkers on the white Left, as well.

wkmac

And continuing:

Dear Barack, Spare Me Your Emails from Truthdig

In each of the three most important areas of policy with which he has dealt, Obama speaks in the voice of the little people’s champion, but his actions cater fully to the demands of the most powerful economic interests.
With his escalation of the war in Afghanistan, he has given the military-industrial complex an excuse for the United States to carry on in spending more on defense than the rest of the world combined, without a credible military adversary in sight. His response to the banking meltdown was to continue George W. Bush’s massive giveaway of taxpayer dollars to Wall Street, and his health care reform has all the earmarks of a boondoggle for the medical industry profiteers.
Health reform was the subject of Obama’s Tuesday e-mail, which proclaimed in its heading, “We will not back down.” Addressing me by my first name, which I assume is in acknowledgment that I, like the millions of other suckers with whom he so intimately corresponds, had contributed to his campaign, he began with a clarion call for yet another contribution, this time to donate.barackobama.com/FinalStretch.

The Devil and Mr. Obama from Counterpunch

Well lookee here! An invite from my limey comrades to recap Barack Obama's first year in office. Well comrades, I can do this thing two ways. I can simply state that the great mocha hope turned out to be a Trojan horse for Wall Street and the Pentagon. Or I can lay in an all-night stock of tequila, limes and reefer and puke up the entire miserable tale like some 5,000 word tequila purged Congolese stomach worm. I have chosen to do the latter.
As you may know, Obama's public approval ratings are taking a beating. Millions of his former cult members have awakened with a splitting hangover to find their pockets turned inside out and eviction notices on the doors of their 4,000 square foot subprime mortgaged cardboard **** boxes. Many who voted for Obama out of disgust for the Bush regime are now listening to the Republicans again on their car radios as they drive around looking for a suitable place to hide their vehicles from the repo man. Don't construe this as support for the GOP. It's just the standard ping ponging of disappointment and disgust that comes after the honeymoon is over with any administration. Most Americans' party affiliations are the same as they were when Bush was elected. After all, Obama did not get elected on a landslide by any means; he got 51% of the vote.

War, More War or Morer War from Ted Ralls

Obama is many things: cool, calm and collected. What he is not is unpredictable. Give the man a middle course, a happy median and a compromise to choose from, and he'll split the difference every time. "Hope"? "Change"? Awesome campaign slogans. The posters will make handsome collectibles.

Obama's Wall Street Sellout (video) again from Truthdig

Obama Far Outdoes Bush in Escalating War -- The Numbers Will Surprise You from Alternet

Now that the much despised George W. Bush is out of the way and a more popular figurehead is doing PR for Dick Cheney’s right-hand military leader Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who is leading his second AF-Pak surge now, and with long time Bush family confidant Robert Gates still running the Defense Department, the masters of war have never had it so good.
Barack Obama, the anti-war candidate, has proven to be a perfect decoy for the military industrial complex. Consider all the opposition and bad press Bush received when he announced the surge in Iraq.

Obama Does Not Deserve The Nobel Peace Prize from DailyKos

He is responsible for escalating a war that no longer has purpose and he is responsible for sending poor young people to kill and be killed in a war that has no point. Surrounded by Bush loyalists (Gates, Petraeus and others) he is essentially continuing similar failed policies and war escalations. EXCEPT that he does that with eloquent speeches.
Well, elequent speeches should not be enough for a Nobel. Obama is clearly failing as a leader to promote peace around the world. He does not deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

No FauxNews, No Limbaugh, No Hannity, No Talking Points, No Chaulkboard, just opinions from the very people who just a year ago supported the man and yet are now showing signs of buyer's remorse. And it only grows as the calendar marches onward.