President Obama!

klein

Für Meno :)
If she was in Canada's care, they probably would've deemed her injuries "unsurvivable" and therefore wouldn't even try to treat her. Like with that baby.

Little do you know it was actually a Canadian surgeon that operated on her in Utah (he just happens to work there).
I hope you're not thinking the government of Canada decides who gets care. It's the doctors decision.
I'm sure you have many cases where surgery is just no longer practible.

I'm not embarrassed. Stay in Canada if you don't like it.

You don't need to be, at your anually heathcare (insurance premiums) increase OF 10%, just in 7 years time those rates will double.
And who cares, no one thinks 7 years ahead, right ?

Little do you know it was actually a Canadian surgeon that operated on her in Utah (he just happens to work there).
I hope you're not thinking the government of Canada decides who gets care. It's the doctors decision.
I'm sure you have many cases where surgery is just no longer practible.

You don't need to be, at your anually heathcare (insurance premiums) increase OF 10%, just in 7 years time those rates will double.
And who cares, no one thinks 7 years ahead, right ?
Did ya ever wonder why that Canadian surgeon is working in the USA? yep, cuz he can make better living. That's one reason why heathcare is more expensive here.
And don't kid yourself, the government dang sure has a hand in setting the criteria of what constitutes viable surgery and how much will be paid for what services.

klein

Did ya ever wonder why that Canadian surgeon is working in the USA? yep, cuz he can make better living. That's one reason why heathcare is more expensive here.
And don't kid yourself, the government dang sure has a hand in setting the criteria of what constitutes viable surgery and how much will be paid for what services.

Yup, exactly. It's not that your getting better doctors for more pay (that doctor got his education and knowledge in Canada), you just have enough money to pay him twice as much.
You'll soon be getting more Canadian doctors, too, as we are starting to get a surplus of them (they'll need to find work somewhere).

Show me proof about the government factor please !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Most responsible people in America think 7 years ahead or more.....it's called planning for the future. Que Sera, sera is a song, not a lifestyle.

Yup, exactly. It's not that your getting better doctors for more pay (that doctor got his education and knowledge in Canada), you just have enough money to pay him twice as much.
You'll soon be getting more Canadian doctors, too, as we are starting to get a surplus of them (they'll need to find work somewhere).

Show me proof about the government factor please !
We may need those canadian doctors when ours stop practicing because of zer0bama care.
why shoukd I provide proof to you? everytime I sak you for proof, you either have none or ignore it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Now Rubio is putting up a bill exempting religious organizations from Obamacare. By the time we exempt ALL , there won't be anybody under Obamacare. Good!

island1fox

Re: Obamanomics

:happy2:The latest Liberals to bail on Obama are University and College Presidents. It was reported on ABC and CBS members of "Academia" are sure President Obama has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to budgets and rising tuiition costs.
As many states and the fed has reduced funding to higher education the tuition rates for students to make up the difference has risen. Sounds like basic math.

In any event there is a meeting on the Left Coast today of many of the leaders of higher Education to figure out how to tactfully educate Obama on the problem and stop using control tuition costs as a dopey campaign slogan.

bbsam

Staff member

:happy2:The latest Liberals to bail on Obama are University and College Presidents. It was reported on ABC and CBS members of "Academia" are sure President Obama has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to budgets and rising tuiition costs.
As many states and the fed has reduced funding to higher education the tuition rates for students to make up the difference has risen. Sounds like basic math.

In any event there is a meeting on the Left Coast today of many of the leaders of higher Education to figure out how to tactfully educate Obama on the problem and stop using control tuition costs as a dopey campaign slogan.
So are you finding yourself choking on the fact that you actually agree with the president?

island1fox

:happy2:Klein,

On the topic of Government involvement I will stick with the U.S. and Obama's own words when he was off teleprompter and out selling it. When a woman asked about a specific treatment or operation concerning her Grandmother --Obama stated that there is a time when the right decision is to "just give her an aspirin"

Do not fool yourself anywhere there is socialized medicine decisions are made directed by the government --you may say the doctor said so --but they know what will be and what will not be paid for.

For hard working American's such as UPS people --mgmt or union--you have worked hard your entire lives and recieve a "cadillac health care" until you are 65.

At 65 you go into the government plan with the illegals, non-workers,lazy, looters etc.

With 500 million pulled out of Medicare and doc fix --which will reduce payment to Medicare doctors by over 30% ---seniors are in REAL danger. Doctors will refuse to work in Medicare and rationing will happen --call it what you want --but as you get older -you will wait longer. Obamacare and the sellout by AARP are disgraceful. AARP sold out Seniors because if you have the money --AARP will be selling very expesive health care plans to "supplement" Obamacare.
If you cannot afford to buy the supplements --may God help you .

klein

Well, here everyone is treated equally. Don'matter if you a kid, working citizen or unemployed , neither retired. We all sit in any doctors office we chose to go.

Some of you are for a flat tax , such as that 9-9-9 plan.
Why aren't you for a flat rate at a hospital ? $1000 a day, $2000 a day , no matter what they provide you with ?
Our hospital doctors don't get paid by surgery (what type, or how difficult, or how long they take) - they get paid a nice salary instead.

In the case of Sarah Burke, her cost probably would have been $1000-$2000 per day for those 5 or 6 days. And that's it !

Anyways, now you folks know how much it costs for accidential death in the US (half a million) for being less than a week hospitalized.
Keep it going, so no one can longer afford it !

Btw, does a UPS driver get paid for every single stop that is different from another (stairs, long walk ways, heavy packages).
I didn't think so.

But American doctors are !

island1fox

Klein,

You know that I lived in Canada for five years and participated in the Health care system-- that I will not knock --but it is far from perfect.
You are correct you sit in any Doctors office you choose to --when he has the appointment for you to sit. The very best friends of my wife and I live in Brampton and after being told she possibly has a form of dangerous cancer --she had to come down to the U.S. --because in many cases a delay of a few months or few weeks can be fatal. Whether you admit it or not --you do not get immediate healthcare in Canada--all too often there are long waits.

Notice I was polite and said long waits ---others would say a form of rationing. Again overall a good system ---but with the system being stretched with immigration Policies that allow entire families from third world countries to come into Canada -old people who never had healthcare in terrible shape- --it is too much for the system especially in Ontario.
Because Canada has decided to take care of Large Immigrant health problems --the average Canadian suffers .

island1fox

So are you finding yourself choking on the fact that you actually agree with the president?

Sorry bbsam --How did I agree with either the University Presidents or President Obama ??

I am not a University President so I cannot accurately speak to their Budget problems --according to what THEY are saying --in a nutshell--Tuition has gone up as government aid has gone down.

Reducing federal aid even more --a good campaign slogan --How will that lower the tuition ? I am not agreeing with either --just reported a news item that was generated by the Presidents State of the Union comments involving rising tuition.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know how you smoke in Canada.......a catscan can be a long wait for you when you go to the doctor's office for a cough. After all, it's just a cough!

bbsam

Staff member

Sorry bbsam --How did I agree with either the University Presidents or President Obama ??

I am not a University President so I cannot accurately speak to their Budget problems --according to what THEY are saying --in a nutshell--Tuition has gone up as government aid has gone down.

Reducing federal aid even more --a good campaign slogan --How will that lower the tuition ? I am not agreeing with either --just reported a news item that was generated by the Presidents State of the Union comments involving rising tuition.

That makes sense.

However, I think Obama's point is that in this time of belt tightening universities also will have to do their part. I don't see how that's hard to agree with. And I don't really see it as a campaign slogan, just fact.

klein

I don't know how you smoke in Canada.......a catscan can be a long wait for you when you go to the doctor's office for a cough. After all, it's just a cough!

I know that's the good thing about America, everyone that sees a doctor that has a simple cough , gets a $1000+ catscan taken.
You folks have enough money to pay for it all.

I know that's the good thing about America, everyone that sees a doctor that has a simple cough , gets a $1000+ catscan taken.
You folks have enough money to pay for it all.
Pretty weak response there Klein, makes it obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

Why did you pass over Island's post an hit on Moreluck? Never mind answering that, I have a pretty good idea.