President Obama!

bbsam

Staff member
Re: Obamabastic !!

It is racist, it is a double standard, and it is typical Obama.
I didnt vote for him, I wont vote for him, and I do not think he is a good president or a good example of a successful African american.
Personally I do not see how anyone who works for a living or cares about the future of their children or their country could vote for him. Just too many idiocyncrasies IMO>
I am truly intrigued. Who is a good example of a successful African American? Can you name 10? Are they all athletes? We'll give you the easy. Colin Powell.

moreluck

golden ticket member

G.W. Carver
Alan West
Althea Gibson
Oprah (from nothing to billionaire)
Condi Rice
Rosalind Brewer
Berry Gordy Jr.
Sean (P diddy Combs).....very sucessful businessman.
Magic Johnson......not basketball, but Magic Johnson Enterprises.
Fred Luster Sr.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I am truly intrigued. Who is a good example of a successful African American? Can you name 10? Are they all athletes? We'll give you the easy. Colin Powell.
Geez, you are going to make me think of sports, which I only watch on Nascar, and 2 because my husband watches Moto cross.
So you challenge me, Ill try, it really isnt hard, I dont know why you think it would be.
Tuskegee Airmen.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Montel williams who does alot for people with MS.
James Stewart who excels in Moto cross which used to be prodominately white sport. Kicks those white boys butts.
Sam Belnovis first black Nascar race car owner, and helps underpriveleged kids of all races get into the Sciences, I cant think of the name of the group, Nascar incentives, or something.
Bill Lester who drove for Bill Davis racing.
Brad Daugherty a sports announcer, also used to be a bb player for the Cleveland cavs. Also owns a nascar team in the Nationwide series.
Muhammed Ali
George Foreman, also involved in marketing his brand.
Etta James
Diana Ross
Bill Cosby
Otis Redding
Stevie Wonder
James Brown
Earth wind and fire
Sly and the family stone
Sammy Davis Jr
Others who were succesful but lost it all
recent
Whitney
Michael Jackson
Jimmi Hendrix

bbsam

Staff member

Geez, you are going to make me think of sports, which I only watch on Nascar, and 2 because my husband watches Moto cross.
So you challenge me, Ill try, it really isnt hard, I dont know why you think it would be.
Tuskegee Airmen.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Montel williams who does alot for people with MS.
James Stewart who excels in Moto cross which used to be prodominately white sport. Kicks those white boys butts.
Sam Belnovis first black Nascar race car owner, and helps underpriveleged kids of all races get into the Sciences, I cant think of the name of the group, Nascar incentives, or something.
Bill Lester who drove for Bill Davis racing.
Brad Daugherty a sports announcer, also used to be a bb player for the Cleveland cavs. Also owns a nascar team in the Nationwide series.
Muhammed Ali
George Foreman, also involved in marketing his brand.
Etta James
Diana Ross
Bill Cosby
Otis Redding
Stevie Wonder
James Brown
Earth wind and fire
Sly and the family stone
Sammy Davis Jr
Others who were succesful but lost it all
recent
Whitney
Michael Jackson
Jimmi Hendrix
So all these people are successful African Americans and President Barack Obama, leader of the free world is not? Now I'm curious as to how he doesn't rate? Is it simply that you don't agree with his positions? 'Cause I don't agree with 85% of what Rush Limbaugh says, but I wouldn't say he's not a successful white American.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Maybe you should do your assignment and give a short essay about why you think Barack deserved the Nobel Peace Prize !!

bbsam

Staff member

Maybe you should do your assignment and give a short essay about why you think Barack deserved the Nobel Peace Prize !!
I never said I did think he did. I think he deserved to be president because he got more votes (and electoral votes) than John McCain. Now, why so salty today, moreluck?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

So all these people are successful African Americans and President Barack Obama, leader of the free world is not? Now I'm curious as to how he doesn't rate? Is it simply that you don't agree with his positions? 'Cause I don't agree with 85% of what Rush Limbaugh says, but I wouldn't say he's not a successful white American.
I guess yes, he is successful. Is that what you want to hear? Leader of the free world yes. And I would like to keep it that way. I simply do not think he has the knowledge for the job he attained. I do not think the people he has on his cabinet do either. The most qualified I feel is Hillary. I do not agree or listen to Rush all that much, although he is usually in my way of thinking. I dont agree with alot of his arrogance. I dont know why we compare the two. Since we are comparing apples and oranges, I could say the same about the management of many large companies, but I didnt try to obtain those to see if I could beat them out, so I cant really say much there.
So if success means getting what you want out of life, all the above or Obama, yes they caught the ring. As in many of the above, what they did whith it didnt work out well. I disagree with most of what he proposes.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I never said I did think he did. I think he deserved to be president because he got more votes (and electoral votes) than John McCain. Now, why so salty today, moreluck?
I recognize greatness and I don't see it in Obama. He was not qualified and he's over his head.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Who would you consider to be the last great President?

thumbnail.aspx

moreluck

golden ticket member

How you too can recognize greatness......I said "I could recognize greatness"......president wasn't mentioned in that statement. I'd say Billy Graham or Thomas Edison somebody like them.

Ten Characteristics of Great Men

1. Great men have their priorities in line. They know what is truly important in life, and live accordingly.

2. Great men are tender with those in need of tenderness. They are kind to the elderly, children, and those with disabilities.

3. Great men respect and honor women. They don't objectify, degrade, or demean them.

4. Great men participate in the community. They may spend time volunteering, working for a cause, or being involved with a charity.

5. Great men are honest, and have a sense of morality, integrity, and decency.

6. Great men have a sense of purpose. They do not waste inordinate amounts of time in front of the TV or playing video games. They can balance fun and relaxation with work and productivity.

7. Great men are continually expanding their minds. They do not think they know it all and are open to new ideas and insights.

8. Great men have a healthy sense of self. They are confident and secure while maintaining a sense of humility.

9. Great men help and assist others. Whether in their place of employment, in their daily lives, or in the greater world at large, they have a sense of giving back.

10. Great men are in touch with their feelings, emotions, concerns, and even shortcomings. They don't feel a need for pretense or power.

moreluck

golden ticket member

That's nice---now answer the question:

Who do you think was our last great President?
None of our presidents were great......they may have only aspired to it.......Will Rogers may have reached it.
Now go order your cat around and let me know how that goes!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

None of our presidents were great......they may have only aspired to it.......Will Rogers may have reached it.
Now go order your cat around and let me know how that goes!!

President John friend. Kennedy was our last great President. He was not perfect but he took us from the brink of nuclear war, created the Peace Corps, increased minimum wage and Social Security benefits, supported the Civil Rights movement and put a man on the moon in less than 10 years.

moreluck

golden ticket member

President John friend. Kennedy was our last great President. He was not perfect but he took us from the brink of nuclear war, created the Peace Corps, increased minimum wage and Social Security benefits, supported the Civil Rights movement and put a man on the moon in less than 10 years.
Sleeping with everything the cat drug in bans him from consideration on my part........same as MLK.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Did being a hound dog affect his ability to lead?
Being "great" is a multi-faceted thing. You can be a great boss, but if you go home and beat your family, you are not a candidate for "great"
Apparently I think "great" is much more than just good and you must think great is akin to good enough! Venus & Mars.