President Obama!

tieguy

Banned
Re: Obamanation here today

tieguy, barry was not bowing out of respect , he was trying to pick up some loose change he saw on the ground. Part of his grand fiscal responsibility
claims.

the sad thing is he'll spend anything he finds rather then applying it to the deficit.:happy-very: He makes GW look like a tightwad.

diesel96

Hate to break it to you, but we may end up in a military confrontation with Iran anyway. That is unless you really believe they are pursuing "peaceful" nuclear power. :rolleyes:

Never happen while Obama is the king. If Iran keeps acting up then Obama will have a beer summit with "imanutjob" and his buddy Chavez. Afterwards they will all stroke Obamas Nobel and his ego and things will all work out. :knockedout:

Listen up guys, the fear mongering days are over, the election proved it. What the hell are we doing over there, other than wrapping up this Bush Doctrine debacle that's sucking our country dry. Get our soldiers home ASAP, or Let the next wave of soldiers originate from our politicians, and wealthest power players in the land, and see how fast this aggression ends...Isn't anyone aware there's a war going on south of the border, spilling into our country with recent death counts on both sides surpassing that of Iraq and Afgh... If we are going to use our military, lets use them smart and allow them to defend our borders and American soil....not pre-emptive strikes for oil.

You skipped one Kmac....:teacher:

https://web.archive.org/web/2009100...m/opinion/greenwald/2008/04/14/gah/index.html

Any truth to the rumor that Obama added teaching jobs to government that will teach americans how to bow to foriegn leaders?:happy-very:

Tie, unless the GOP can come up with their messiah, expect 7 more years of bowing, which I approve, however I will attempt to E-mail the Prez and tell him, as you bow, never take your eyes of your opponent.....Would that satisfy your bloodlust for cowboy diplomacy ?...Honor and respect.

the sad thing is he'll spend anything he finds rather then applying it to the deficit.:happy-very: He makes GW look like a tightwad.

Why Im I not surprised, republicans as always trying to have it both ways... YOU EITHER SUPPORT CREATING JOBS OR YOU DONT WHICH ONE IS IT ? Monthly un-employment drops to the lowest since Dec 2007, the start of the super reccession.What is Tie going to do if this becomes a trend ? LOL

wkmac

You skipped one Kmac....:teacher:

Not really, you have to save some for later!
:happy-very:

Besides, it's not just conservatives who have crafted a Reagan mythology. I've posted this article from Atlantic Monthly before but it is a goodie entitled "Reagan's Liberal Legacy" and the problem obviously for conservatives is the fact that Reagan wasn't for limiting gov't but of equal problem for liberals is that Reagan when it came to broader and larger gov't was not the Satan they love to paint him as. Both parties live by mythology rather than truth so there you go!

BTW: I remember the interview with Scott Horton at AntiWar radio that Glenn did and it was a good one. 45 minutes long but worth the time if you get the chance!

tieguy

Banned

Tie, unless the GOP can come up with their messiah, expect 7 more years of bowing, which I approve, however I will attempt to E-mail the Prez and tell him, as you bow, never take your eyes of your opponent.....Would that satisfy your bloodlust for cowboy diplomacy ?...Honor and respect.

I'm sorry its clear you don't understand that maintaining your dignity and the dignity of your country involves standing upright. You should email him and tell him to wear a clown suit when he bows.

Why Im I not surprised, republicans as always trying to have it both ways... YOU EITHER SUPPORT CREATING JOBS OR YOU DONT WHICH ONE IS IT ? Monthly un-employment drops to the lowest since Dec 2007, the start of the super reccession.What is Tie going to do if this becomes a trend ? LOL

Its clear you have been reading the liberal talking points again. the unemployment rate in 2008 and most of 2009 was lower then it was this month. In fact the unemployment rate the past couple of months has gotten worse not better then at anytime when Obama took over.

wkmac

Obama's Big Sellout

Amazing what you find when you dare have the courage to look behind the curtain!

You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it.
Malcolm X

Agree completely but taking his point one step further:

"You're not supposed to be so blind with party loyality that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it."

tieguy

Banned

Your link is really nothing more then a shameless endorsement for a book. I love watching you suck up to wkmac in the hope he'll feed you some more ammo to help your misinformed agenda. You folks keep trying to rewrite the Reagan years to suit your own purposes. Most of my posts have been based on Reality based results and not on the liberally coined "reagan myth".

The fact is what Carter did to our economy was much worse then what we currently face. High unemployment and Interest rates over 20 percent.
His weakness in the foriegn policy arena not only embarrassed us in Iran but put us in jeopardy of direct conflict of combat with the Soviets. Jack Anderson verified the Soviet threat and I lived it as a member of the military at the time.

I therefore saw and lived the Reagan turn around. I saw economic conditions improved as Reagan freed up the private sector. I lived the tax decrease. I lived the interest rate decreases that allowed me to buy cars and buy a house. I lived the soviet threat before and the elimination of the soviet threat during Reagans term.

So now here we are almost thirty years later and the liberals are still trying to rewrite history to suit their misguided political agenda.

In fact Obama would drop to his knees and perform an unnatural act on Japans PM if he thought it would get him the same economic turnaround that Reagan engineered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Salonista

A person who wrote/worked for the online magazine Salon.com, especially during its heyday in the 1990s.

(I had to Google it as I had absolutely no clue what it was and I have to admit the definition does not really help):wink2:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Latest poll showed that 44% wished Bush was still in office.

If it wasn't for barry, Israel would have taken military action already against Iran { barry won't give them permission to over fly Iraq }.

BABAGANOUSH,

I know its hard for you to understand international policy and things like the "truth", however, The United States of America DOES NOT CONTROL the air space over Iraq any longer.

That is now under the Iraqi authority.

Maybe your under the impression that we "own" the country?

Here's something for you to digest, Not only will Iraq NOT allow them to use their air space, neither will TURKEY, JORDAN or SYRIA...

If the Israelis want to do anything, they will have to go the LONG WAY, and it has nothing to do with Obama.

Try some facts instead of wasting your time posting nonsense.

If not, I will get you a bumber sticker that reads:

When I grow up, I want to be like TIEGUY!"

Peace

:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned

BABAGANOUSH,

I know its hard for you to understand international policy and things like the "truth", however, The United States of America DOES NOT CONTROL the air space over Iraq any longer.

That is now under the Iraqi authority.

Maybe your under the impression that we "own" the country?

Here's something for you to digest, Not only will Iraq NOT allow them to use their air space, neither will TURKEY, JORDAN or SYRIA...

If the Israelis want to do anything, they will have to go the LONG WAY, and it has nothing to do with Obama.

Try some facts instead of wasting your time posting nonsense.

If not, I will get you a bumber sticker that reads:

When I grow up, I want to be like TIEGUY!"

Peace

:peaceful:

Backside, I think your argument may be more valid if Iraq actually had an air force that could protect its skies and deny access. As such I believe the current information from Wikopedia is accurate:

Iraqi Air Force

The Iraqi Air Force is designed to support ground forces with surveillance, reconnaissance and troop lift. Two reconnaissance squadrons use light aircraft, three helicopter squadrons are used to move troops and one air transportation squadron uses C-130 transport aircraft to move troops, equipment, and supplies. It currently has 3,000 personnel. It is planned to increase to 18,000 personnel, with 550 aircraft by 2018.[13]

moreluck

golden ticket member

I was glad to see John McCain challenging the prez. to cross out some of that 'pork' before signing that bill........but you know the prez. was just lying during his campaign, so he'll sign it as is ,spending indiscriminately as usual. Dumb dipwad prez!! I wish tiger wood's troubles had happened to B.O. instead.

It was a generalization of Reagans phylosophy that never worked. He gave tax breaks to the rich and that was suppose to trickle down to the middle class. As usual, corporations and rich people just got richer and the middle classes buying power keeps going down hill.

I know 43 people who got $45,000 (average) a year jobs directly because of trickle down. How does giving out free money not help the rich?

moreluck

golden ticket member

RE: the bill passed........

Republicans decried what they called out-of control spending and pointed to an estimated $3.9 billion in the bill for more than 5,000 local projects sought by individual lawmakers from both parties.

The Citizens Against Government Waste said those projects included construction of a county farmer's market in Kentucky, renovation of a historic theater in New York and restoration of a mill in Rhode Island.
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., a longtime critic of such projects, said it was "shameful" that so many had found their way into the legislation. Most Americans, he said, were watching football and not the Senate debate, adding, "If they knew what we are about to pass ...."

The legislation also contains numerous items not directly related to spending. It provides help for auto dealers facing closure, ends a ban on funding by the District of Columbia government for abortions and allows the district to permit medical marijuana, lets Amtrak passengers carry unloaded handguns in their checked baggage and permits detainees held at Guantanamo Bay to be transferred to the United States to stand trial, but not to be released.

The bill also approves a 2 percent pay increase for federal workers.

over9five

Staff member

Republicans decried what they called out-of control spending and pointed to an estimated $3.9 billion in the bill for more than 5,000 local projects sought by individual lawmakers from both parties.

The Citizens Against Government Waste said those projects included construction of a county farmer's market in Kentucky, renovation of a historic theater in New York and restoration of a mill in Rhode Island.
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., a longtime critic of such projects, said it was "shameful" that so many had found their way into the legislation. Most Americans, he said, were watching football and not the Senate debate, adding, "If they knew what we are about to pass ...."

The legislation also contains numerous items not directly related to spending. It provides help for auto dealers facing closure, ends a ban on funding by the District of Columbia government for abortions and allows the district to permit medical marijuana, lets Amtrak passengers carry unloaded handguns in their checked baggage and permits detainees held at Guantanamo Bay to be transferred to the United States to stand trial, but not to be released.

Don't worry about it, More. The President won't sign it, he PROMISED not to sign any bills that contained pork. I believe President Obama will keep his word!

tieguy

Banned

I do support creating jobs which is why Barry needs to be stopped. His spending will cost all of us to lose our jobs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

US pay tsar Ken Feinberg limits company salaries to $500,000

The US Treasury's pay tsar has limited the amount hundreds of employees at major American companies including Citigroup and General Motors can be paid in cash to $500,000 (£300,000) a year as part of a series of new clampdowns.

//www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/6790727/US-pay-tsar-Ken-Feinberg-limi
clear.gif

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY
The number of federal workers earning six-figure salaries has exploded during the recession, according to a USA TODAY analysis of federal salary data.
Federal employees making salaries of $100,000 or more jumped from 14% to 19% of civil servants during the recession's first 18 months — and that's before overtime pay and bonuses are counted.
Federal workers are enjoying an extraordinary boom time — in pay and hiring — during a recession that has cost 7.3 million jobs in the private sector.

The highest-paid federal employees are doing best of all on salary increases. Defense Department civilian employees earning $150,000 or more increased from 1,868 in December 2007 to 10,100 in June 2009, the most recent figure available.
When the recession started, the Transportation Department had only one person earning a salary of $170,000 or more. Eighteen months later, 1,690 employees had salaries above $170,000