President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

I used to have to read Mark Twain. And Eugene Zamiatin. And Antigone. The horror!
This seems not to be just a one time release of 'things' It's a gradual release of building blocks that when they are all grouped together will help paint a picture of Obama's influences in his life.

You would think you would want us to have a better understanding of 'O' and where he has been and what he has been exposed to and taught. I'm finding it interesting and enlightening.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

This seems not to be just a one time release of 'things' It's a gradual release of building blocks that when they are all grouped together will help paint a picture of Obama's influences in his life.

You would think you would want us to have a better understanding of 'O' and where he has been and what he has been exposed to and taught. I'm finding it interesting and enlightening.

When i was young and in college, we read MEIN KAMPF in history. Does this make those of us in that class NAZIS?

Get serious.

But the bigger question for you is, do you know admit OBAMA was in college? Since you are admitting he was in college, do you also now accept that he is a citizen?

You cant have it both ways.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy

When i was young and in college, we read MEIN KAMPF in history. Does this make those of us in that class NAZIS?

Get serious.

But the bigger question for you is, do you know admit OBAMA was in college? Since you are admitting he was in college, do you also now accept that he is a citizen?

You cant have it both ways.

Peace

TOS
GAME OVER
as usual TOS is the first to use the nazi card.

klein

Für Meno :)

Looks like more bad news for the republican party :(

US Dollar rallies broadly, up over 1 pct vs. euro

(Reuters) - The dollar rallied broadly on Friday as strong payrolls data highlighted a growing disparity with struggling economies in other regions of the world.
The euro hit a session low of $1.3131 and last traded at $1.3142, down 1 percent on the day, according to Reuters data.

The dollar hit a new 9-1/2 month high against the yen after data showed employment in February grew solidly for a third straight month, a sign the economic recovery was broadening and in less need of further monetary stimulus from the Federal Reserve.

And of course, Obama's great economic numbers were also good for us up north :

TORONTO (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar turned positive against its U.S. counterpart on Friday after stronger-than-expected U.S. jobs data offset an unexpectedly weak domestic employment number.

The Canadian currency firmed to a session high of C$0.9880 versus the U.S. dollar, or $1.0121 after the U.S. report. This was up from Thursday's close at C$0.9911 to the U.S. dollar, or $1.0090. Canada's dollar improved from C$0.9915 just before the U.S. data was released.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

Does this constitute "news" or just right-wing blather that you are not creative enough to come up with yourself? Saw Reince once on Meet the Press (I think). The man could not talk (or think) past his talking points.
You mean like Debbie Downer?

bbsam

Staff member

GAME OVER
as usual TOS is the first to use the nazi card.
Actually, it's not the Nazi card at all. It's asking how exposure to Hitler propaganda necessitates any kind of radicalism. I read the Satanic Bible. Doesn't mean it determines my thoughts today. It's the mindless associations that are made, like the absurd influence that Rock and Roll supposedly had on teens in the 70's and 80's or the reading of Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men", or "Catcher in the Rye" had on youth. The game is over because such claims of radicalism based on exposure are simply ridiculous.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Actually, it's not the Nazi card at all. It's asking how exposure to Hitler propaganda necessitates any kind of radicalism. I read the Satanic Bible. Doesn't mean it determines my thoughts today. It's the mindless associations that are made, like the absurd influence that Rock and Roll supposedly had on teens in the 70's and 80's or the reading of Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men", or "Catcher in the Rye" had on youth. The game is over because such claims of radicalism based on exposure are simply ridiculous.

Then tell us all how they came up with peer pressure if it's not based on exposure? (to the wrong people)

bbsam

Staff member

Then tell us all how they came up with peer pressure if it's not based on exposure? (to the wrong people)
Peer pressure? Also known as "herd mentality". Nobody "came up with" it. It's being part of a culture but not a slave to it as Hannity would have you believe. I associate on a daily basis with lecherous individuals in AA. Doesn't mean I act as they do or even believe as they do. But then that association is one that is generally seen as a "positive" one. So people assume a certain belief, lifestyle, or attitude based on an association that may have no basis in reality whatsoever. Soberups and myself are probably a good example of that. I think we probably have some similar experiences and exposures, but I think have very differnt outlooks on a wide range of topics. Nothing wrong with that. Simply points out that conclusions based on associations and exposure are rarely accurate.

moreluck

golden ticket member

AA is different....a meeting, even everyday is just a meeting... I'm thinking along the lines of teens who hang constantly with the 'wrong kind'.