President Obama!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
TOS did you notice that the headline linked to cnn's live blog? That is where I copied the headline from... their website jumped the gun too.

P

pickup

This just in: Illegal immigrants demand the right to be forced to buy health insurance too. NOT!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
You must watch FOX NEWS as well.. THEY JUMPED THE GUN with thier embiciles and said the law was struck down, when it fact it was UPHELD.

Peace

TOS
I watched FOX and they said the mandate was struck down under commerce and that was TRUE. (Kelly) It was upheld under tax law.

They had it right and CNN blew it IN PRINT!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I watched FOX and they said the mandate was struck down under commerce and that was TRUE. (Kelly) It was upheld under tax law.

They had it right and CNN blew it IN PRINT!!

THey didnt have it right. THEY JUMPED THE GUN and did not read the entire opinion before going on the air. A producer FAIL as they only read a portion of the opinion. It matters not what clause it was upheld under, it was upheld.

A HUGE FAIL FOR THAT WOMAN FROM FLORIDA who put on this case who came on FOX SPEWS over and over and over and over talking about how she was going to win this case based on the consitution only TO FAIL!

Either way, a giant FAIL for the republicans and its establishment.

RUSH had it right, despite his year on the air saying it was going to get overturned, his 11th hour reversal showed he found out he was about to be wrong with the rest of you.

Peace

TOS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
CNN got it wrong too.

cnnfail.jpg

cnnfail3.jpg

cnnfail2.jpg
cnnfail.jpg
cnnfail2.jpg
cnnfail3.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's already being called Obama Middle Class Tax !!! He said he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class....this does exactly that!!!

The IRS will be after you if you do't buy this!!

UPS Lifer

I really don't care what news agency got it right or wrong. I actually felt bad for the reporters who were trying to decipher a 2 inch think decision in legalize and make some sense of it in the first 5 minutes!
What a tough job!

Quick and very down and dirty analysis - The fight is far from over... The left will gloat and put their god on a pedestal... They will say this is a victory for the poor and middle class (more class warfare). Only time will tell how much state medicaid programs will be affected. Fair minded people will say that there are a lot of good provisions in obamacare and there are a lot of scary things that could happen as well.

As a senior who has been responsible in providing healthcare to my family as just about all UPSers have.... I wonder what my health providers are going to do in the future. I have already seen price increases January, in the services that are provided by my doctor. This year all patients had to pay an additional $200 per person just to continue to be a patient with this provider. That $200 has nothing to do with my insurance in fact it is a way around it.

There will be a huge backlash by people who feel they were duped. The occupant told everyone that this was not a tax! HA! IMO, the left has a further agenda, bankrupt private healthcare or force Americans, by shear expense of the cost of private healthcare, to go on the government because it is the ONLY AFFORDABLE alternative.

This ruling is a further understanding of how bo works. Don't believe anything he says, just what he actually does.

Bottom Line: The healthcare system and laws are broken and so is the tax code and both need to be fixed with common sense solutions for ALL our citizens.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So seniors are going to get reductions on their prscriptions? Is that why they ripped $500 billion from Medicare to pay for that?

So, I'm paying for my own reductions ? That's some benefit!!

3 years of saying ths was not a tax increase. He lied. The Supremes say it is a tax increase!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rep. Cassidy: 'American People Deliberately Deceived' By Obama

Thursday, 28 Jun 2012 12:13 PM
By Arnie Rosenberg

Rep. Bill Cassidy, a member of the GOP Doctors Caucus, called Thursday’s Supreme Court decision, “a bad day for fiscal responsibility.”

By upholding the “individual mandate” of the Affordable Care Act – and ruling that it is a tax – the court confirmed that "the American people were deliberately deceived” by the president, who repeatedly has said it is not a tax, Cassidy told Newsmax.TV.

“State taxes will be raised. Federal taxes will be raised. This will be the largest federal tax increase in the history of the United States,” said Cassidy, R-LA.

Cassidy predicted that 60 percent of businesses will dump their own health insurance programs and move to the public exchanges created by the new law, “massively inflating” the cost to the federal government.

The focus now moves to November, Cassidy said.

“If President Obama is re-elected, “there’s no hope for repeal and replacement” of the law. “If he is ‘diselected,’ there’s still hope.”

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So seniors are going to get reductions on their prscriptions? Is that why they ripped $500 billion from Medicare to pay for that?

So, I'm paying for my own reductions ? That's some benefit!!

3 years of saying ths was not a tax increase. He lied. The Supremes say it is a tax increase!!

Hopeless is all I can say.

First, the solicitor general ARGUED to the court that the 1% tax was BOTH a tax and fine under two segments of the constitution. The court found that the 1% was indeed a tax but not under the commerce clause but within congress right to set taxes.

OBAMA has always said it was a TAX. You just didnt "understand" what he was saying, because you were busy listening to the talking heads who were feeding you the wrong information.

IN keeping with the mis information, you say that OBAMA cut 500 billion from medicare, and that is NOT TRUE. The 500 billion was cut from MEDICARE ADVANTAGE, a completely different program than MEDICARE.

But if you watch FOX SPEWS or listen to RUSH or HANNITY, this is something they dont TELL YOU.

Look it up for yourself.

Nobody lied, you just werent listening.

NANCY PELOSI had it right, "we have to pass it so YOU can see whats in it outside the fog of the controversy" Nows your chance.

Read it.

Peace

TOS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hopeless is all I can say.

First, the solicitor general ARGUED to the court that the 1% tax was BOTH a tax and fine under two segments of the constitution. The court found that the 1% was indeed a tax but not under the commerce clause but within congress right to set taxes.

OBAMA has always said it was a TAX. You just didnt "understand" what he was saying, because you were busy listening to the talking heads who were feeding you the wrong information.

IN keeping with the mis information, you say that OBAMA cut 500 billion from medicare, and that is NOT TRUE. The 500 billion was cut from MEDICARE ADVANTAGE, a completely different program than MEDICARE.

But if you watch FOX SPEWS or listen to RUSH or HANNITY, this is something they dont TELL YOU.

Look it up for yourself.

Nobody lied, you just werent listening.

NANCY PELOSI had it right, "we have to pass it so YOU can see whats in it outside the fog of the controversy" Nows your chance.

Read it.

Peace

TOS

I would never even attempt to claim that I understand anything about or have educated myself about anything to do with obamacare.

What I do know is that I've seen videos of Obama saying that it is not a tax.

I'm not even sure what any of this means, but in this interview he did "absolutely reject the notion that it is a tax increase." If you're in a hurry you can skip all the way til the last 10 seconds of this interview to hear it come from his mouth.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One interesting aspect of this is that the entire Obamacare bill can be rejected by Congress without having 60 votes in the Senate.
Since this bill has been deemed to be a tax issue, the Senate reconciliation process requires only 51 votes.

If Romney is elected and there are 51 Republicans in the Senate and Republicans keep control of the House, Obamacare is dead.

This is why Obama and Democrats always insisted this was not a tax ... partly anyway.

UPS Lifer

One interesting aspect of this is that the entire Obamacare bill can be rejected by Congress without having 60 votes in the Senate.
Since this bill has been deemed to be a tax issue, the Senate reconciliation process requires only 51 votes.

If Romney is elected and there are 51 Republicans in the Senate and Republicans keep control of the House, Obamacare is dead.

This is why Obama and Democrats always insisted this was not a tax ... partly anyway.

Very Nice!!! Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how TOS spews this info! Thanks Hoke!!!