President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok but don't you dare touch my mortgage interest deduction.
There's plenty of retirees who rely on dividends from their stocks and feel the same way you do about your mortgage interest deduction. But, if we get straight across the board, a certain percent, there won't be a mortgage interest deduction.

klein

Für Meno :)
Ok but don't you dare touch my mortgage interest deduction.

I think the US is 1 of very, very few countries that have a mortgage interest deduction.
Germany got rid of that in 1992, Canada never had one.
But, then again, we don't need to pay any sort of capital gain taxes when we sell our homes or even an inheritance tax. Because government never helped us with buying it or mortgaging it.

We also need 20% down now, and the maximum years of a long-term mortgage is 25 years, making monthly payments rather high.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There's plenty of retirees who rely on dividends from their stocks and feel the same way you do about your mortgage interest deduction. But, if we get straight across the board, a certain percent, there won't be a mortgage interest deduction.

Under ROMNEYS plan, not only is the mortgage interest deduction removed, so is the child credit, college tuition credit, day care deductions, and UNCOVERED medical costs deduction from your taxes. THE MIDDLE CLASS GETS THE LARGEST INCREASE of all classes.

The RICH , get to have their taxes LOWERED while OURS are increased to make up for the shortfall of the decreasing revenue from the top 1%.

How anyone believes this is a "FAIR TAX" is beyond comprehension.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Under ROMNEYS plan, not only is the mortgage interest deduction removed, so is the child credit, college tuition credit, day care deductions, and UNCOVERED medical costs deduction from your taxes. THE MIDDLE CLASS GETS THE LARGEST INCREASE of all classes.

The RICH , get to have their taxes LOWERED while OURS are increased to make up for the shortfall of the decreasing revenue from the top 1%.

How anyone believes this is a "FAIR TAX" is beyond comprehension.

Peace

TOS
If in fact everybody paid say 10% (just an example) it would be fair. No deductuions. You make 3 million, you pay 10%. You make 20,000.00 you pay 10 %. What's not fair? Deductions and loopholes don't exist for anyone. Your tax return will be on a postcard and the IRS would be basically dowsized to a few oompa loompas.

Works for me.

klein

If in fact everybody paid say 10% (just an example) it would be fair. No deductuions. You make 3 million, you pay 10%. You make 20,000.00 you pay 10 %. What's not fair? Deductions and loopholes don't exist for anyone. Your tax return will be on a postcard and the IRS would be basically dowsized to a few oompa loompas.

Works for me.

10% won't get you anywhere but more national debt.
Even McCains 9-9-9 plan asked for a 9% National Sales Tax on top.

Maybe 10-10-10 might work ? Which is actually unfair for the poor and the middle class.

moreluck

golden ticket member
10% won't get you anywhere but more national debt.
Even McCains 9-9-9 plan asked for a 9% National Sales Tax on top.

Maybe 10-10-10 might work ? Which is actually unfair for the poor and the middle class.
Right when I mentioned 10% I said it was for an example (try reading)...................not to be taken literally....but of course you did...geez!!
Oh, and McCain didn't have a 9-9-9 plan. Have another beer.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Works for me.

Whats not fair??? Are you serious? *, but with respect to taxes, what we in the middle class pay today with our current tax code and deductions will SKYROCKET with a flat 10% ZERO deduction system.

DO THE MATH.

Lets see, the rich, 35% reduced to 10%, savings 25%. The middle class, 29% reduced to 10% (savings 19%) with zero deductions for mortgage, children, daycare, medical costs, home improvements for rentals, no middle class business deductions for expansions, and the middle class gets CREAMED in higher taxes.

What is it about the creation of the middle class didnt you understand in the early 1900's?

In order to pay for the 25% reduction in REVENUE you are so willing to give the RICH, the middle class has to PAY MORE to make up the difference and you are cool with it, saying "WORKS FOR ME".

WTF?

You seem to think the goverment has another 25% of free money sitting around collecting dust to give back to the top 1%?

TAX CUTS cost money. The first BUSH tax cuts cost this country 3.7 trillion in debt, the extension added another 3.5 trillion dollars, and a third extension adds another 1.7 trillion to the debt. ROMNEYS 25% cut for the top 1% adds ANOTHER 5 TRILLION to the national debt.

Do you not grasp this concept?

Your worried about tax returns on postcards?

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

194mk3.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

Retail sales for June is down 0.5%....that's the third month in a row.

70% of our economy is made up of consumer spending.

Anothe failed summer of recovery!!

klein

National Post
Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010
Tom Blackwell
For years, an exodus of doctors to the United States helped fuel Canada's growing shortage of medical staff, and gave emotional ammunition to opponents of Canadian-style health-care reform in the States.

But medical recruiters and migration statistics suggest a surprising new trend has emerged over the past few years: a net movement of physicians from the United States to Canada.

"Canada is the number one spot in the world for doctors to come and work, live and play," said John Philpott, CEO of CanAM Physician Recruiting in Halifax. "Talking to physicians in the United States, they're shocked how much more money they can make in Canada."

The flip side of the equation seems to be true as well, with fewer Canadian doctors answering the call to practice in the States, once seen as a Mecca of better remuneration and more comfortable work environments.
"I have calls from American companies on a regular basis asking me to find them Canadian doctors, and I have to say 'that ship has sailed,' " said Susan Craig of Toronto-based Susan Craig Associates, which recruits doctors for both American and Canadian employers.

Money is not the only draw, however.

Many U.S. physicians are also fed up with a system in which private insurance companies fund most medical care, meaning they must deal with as many as 40 different firms to get paid. One study suggested that U.S. physicians spend 140 hours and $60,000 a year dealing with insurers, said Lynn Bury, recruitment director for HealthForce Ontario.

Some also see the Canadian system as allowing them to practise more freely, unfettered by private hospitals, insurance companies and HMOs, said Ms. Bury.