President Obama!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

December 18, 2008: President Bush announced that an "orderly" bankruptcy was one option being considered for both General Motors and Cerberus-owned Chrysler LLC. Sources said that setting up this type of "orderly" bankruptcy would be complicated because it would not only involve talks with the automakers, but also the unions and other stakeholders would have to be involved.

December 19, 2008: President Bush approved a bailout plan and gave General Motors and Chrysler $13.4 billion in financing from TARP (Troubled Assets Relief Program) funds, as well as $4 billion to be "withdrawn later."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
trayvon-supporter.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Trayvon already got his justice , deal with it.

I dealt with it long before the trial happened. The prosecution against Zimmerman had no substantial evidence, and never should have even tried to prosecute for murder. It was obvious to every person who understood the law, that he would not be found guilty. My main complaint about the incident was the police department's complete failure during the short window to collect evidence and witness statements.

Also, you're the one who posted the photoshopped picture changing a woman's poster to make it look like she had 13 kids and couldn't spell.

Why am I the one who needs to "deal with it", you're the one who brought it up, not me. Maybe you need to just get over it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I dealt with it long before the trial happened. The prosecution against Zimmerman had no substantial evidence, and never should have even tried to prosecute for murder. It was obvious to every person who understood the law, that he would not be found guilty. My main complaint about the incident was the police department's complete failure during the short window to collect evidence and witness statements.

Also, you're the one who posted the photoshopped picture changing a woman's poster to make it look like she had 13 kids and couldn't spell.

Why am I the one who needs to "deal with it", you're the one who brought it up, not me. Maybe you need to just get over it.
Witness statements ????? Plural? Was there a crowd standing around in the rain that we were not made aware of ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You clearly didn't follow the case very closely. Do some research and get back to me....
I followed the case......eye witnesses...... maybe 2 and one of them is Z.
The girlfriend on the phone said she heard the grass .

When the police didn't arrest him at first, they were right. No crime was committed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I followed the case......eye witnesses...... maybe 2 and one of them is Z.
The girlfriend on the phone said she heard the grass .

When the police didn't arrest him at first, they were right. No crime was committed.

Well there were no "eye" witnesses, but a lot people could have been interviewed as to what they heard, or about the circumstances leading up to and following the incident. There were at least 6 neighbors who heard something and were on the witness stand at the trial. The more time that goes on, the less reliable what people "think" they remember becomes.

Whatever, I really don't care is my point.... He posted the fake picture, then told me I needed to get over it when I pointed out that it was photo shopped. I couldn't care less what happens in Florida, people are killed everyday.

Necropostophiliac

The Next Target

As the new academic year begins, adjuncts at dozens of institutions across the country will be returning to campus
with lighter course loads and smaller paychecks.

That's because some colleges and universities are trying to keep their hours below the threshold at which they
become benefits-eligible employees under the Affordable Care Act.

Meanwhile, the pace of adjuncts’ hours getting cut hasn’t slowed, with Arizona State University being the latest university to announce part-time faculty caps related to the Affordable Care Act.

That’s despite the fact that the White House gave employers a recent extension for providing benefits.

Read more: http://www.insidehighered.com/news/...d-paying-their-health-insurance#ixzz2cst9ohSM
Inside Higher Ed

oldngray

nowhere special
Obama and Pelosi wanted a single payer (government) plan from the start but knew they would be unable to pass a plan similar to European socialized medicine so they forced through the train wreck called Obamacare, knowing it was doomed to fail but after the people were forced into it, they would jump at any other option such as a single payer system. Single payer is worse then pre Obama (do you really want to trust the government to run a single payer plan efficiently?) but much more likely to pass as an alternative to Obamacare.

bbsam

Staff member
Obama and Pelosi wanted a single payer (government) plan from the start but knew they would be unable to pass a plan similar to European socialized medicine so they forced through the train wreck called Obamacare, knowing it was doomed to fail but after the people were forced into it, they would jump at any other option such as a single payer system. Single payer is worse then pre Obama (do you really want to trust the government to run a single payer plan efficiently?) but much more likely to pass as an alternative to Obamacare.
Judging by the actions of companies across the country, I think they want single payer now as well. Obamacare gave huge money-making companies like Fedex the cover to absolutely gut their coverage while blaming Obamacare. Memphis claims they had to do it or pay huge "Cadillac" taxes. I suspect there was quite a bit of creative accounting done to qualify for that "hardship". Their insurance is far less impressive than UPS' and I doubt more expensive. The one thing that I would wager money on is that Fedex is on it's way toward and more than happy to get out of paying any health insurance whatsoever. Fred S is no raging liberal. Business may rail against Obamacare, but I think around the boardrooms this is exactly the exit they've been looking for for decades.