President Obama!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If the law schools were to drop constitutional law (freedom of speech, press, and religion ) then a two year program could be accomplished .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ya that would have been my guess.

Father was a judge , 3 siblings, and a sister-in-law who was a law professor ,an uncle who was a court officer , plus several other relatives who work in law enforcement .

It's amazing what one can learn just by listening when they were talking shop.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So your father who was a judge was home schooled too?

Its amazing how stupid home schooled kids are.... I have seen it first hand.... it is sad.
That's not an attack on you, it is just my personal experience.

My wife is a teacher, and has had home schooled kids enroll in school because a parent can no longer afford to stay at home. Every single one of them has been YEARS behind where they should be for their age.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If the law schools were to drop constitutional law (freedom of speech, press, and religion ) then a two year program could be accomplished .

Obama, who actually went to law school, is simply stating the facts about law school.
Most of what law students learn is in the first 2 years. I have friends who have been to law school, and the third year is mostly spent working in a law office for free, while taking one or two classes a week and preparing for the bar exam.

My only problem is that he didn't go far enough. We shouldn't only be talking about law school. A four year college degree is a joke. For a lot of jobs, such as business adminstration/management, a degree is completely useless. All of those graduates are going to have to be trained from scratch when they do finally get a job. The degree is simply a piece of paper they pay for that puts them ahead of people who might actually have real world experience.

If people are worried about the housing crisis, or american credit card debt, I would highly encourage them to look into the soon to come fallout of the student loan scam. Social Security and welfare are not our only problems, most kids are starting their adult lives in debt. Many will be paying off that debt their entire lives, many will never pay it back.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So your father who was a judge was home schooled too?

Its amazing how stupid home schooled kids are.... I have seen it first hand.... it is sad.
That's not an attack on you, it is just my personal experience.

My wife is a teacher, and has had home schooled kids enroll in school because a parent can no longer afford to stay at home. Every single one of them has been YEARS behind where they should be for their age.
You speak with such authority, but I think YOU also, lack the credentials. Just going by what I see on here, mind you. You seem to have all the answers, yet you just sit and post stuff here. You actually call home schooled students, STUPID. Is this across the board, or just the ones your wife teaches? I find it IGNORANT (which does not mean stupid, by the way) to label a whole group as stupid, based on the few your wife has taught. How is what you do, affecting change, beyond this forum? This is not a personal attack on you. I'm just pointing out what I see.

upsgrunt

I agree with Steve.
From your posts, you seem to think you are an expert on education, politics, economics, race relations, and UPS.
This is not an attack on you, just my observation.

My kids are home schooled, because the school system sucks where I live.
I find it ironic that you, with delusions of grandeur, can label my children as stupid simply from a few experiences that your spouse has had.
​That was an attack on you, you pompass ass.

wkmac

Schooling methods being OT to the issue of Obama, I see the comments of public schooling verses homeschooling and thought I throw this into the muck for effect.

Schooling is a Prison and damaging our kids

Drive,

Don't take this personal towards your wife. School teachers are as much the victim in this process as the kids. Teachers want to do well by and for the kids and yet like their own pupils they are trapped in a system run from the top down in the age of scientific management intended to turn out creatures capable of only following orders and occupying a office cubicle all day.

One of the heroic voices in going forward in education at a TED talk.

RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms - YouTube

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Schooling methods being OT to the issue of Obama, I see the comments of public schooling verses homeschooling and thought I throw this into the muck for effect.

Schooling is a Prison and damaging our kids

Drive,

Don't take this personal towards your wife. School teachers are as much the victim in this process as the kids. Teachers want to do well by and for the kids and yet like their own pupils they are trapped in a system run from the top down in the age of scientific management intended to turn out creatures capable of only following orders and occupying a office cubicle all day.

One of the heroic voices in going forward in education at a TED talk.

RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms - YouTube
"Education" ;D

Babagounj

Strength through joy
DIDO , according to the records bhos did work his 3rd yr at a law firm .
They fired him , for being lazy .
He had to use some " connections " to get another internship .

On a side note...
Once during a mock trial that my ( not yet ) sister-in-law was conducting . One of her students was told to stop his wild antics which were better suited for Hollywood and not for a real court room .
In 1986 he did just that .
David E Kelly...is an American television writer and producer, known as the creator of Picket Fences, Chicago Hope, The Practice, Ally McBeal, Boston Public, Boston Legal, and Harry's Law as well as several films.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I agree with Steve.
From your posts, you seem to think you are an expert on education, politics, economics, race relations, and UPS.
This is not an attack on you, just my observation.

My kids are home schooled, because the school system sucks where I live.
I find it ironic that you, with delusions of grandeur, can label my children as stupid simply from a few experiences that your spouse has had.
​That was an attack on you, you pompass ass.

It was a poorly worded post and I apologize for offending you.
Some home schooled kids are stupid, so are some kids in traditional schools. I left out the word some, I'm sorry for that.

There are certainly parents who are capable of home schooling, and there are definitely some who are not. They have every right to make that decision for themselves.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
It was a poorly worded post and I apologize for offending you.
Some home schooled kids are stupid, so are some kids in traditional schools. I left out the word some, I'm sorry for that.

There are certainly parents who are capable of home schooling, and there are definitely some who are not. They have every right to make that decision for themselves.
Don't worry. I wouldn't be taking life advice from a guy who is dating someone the age of his daughter, nor would I worry what he thought about my choices.