President Obama!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I figure in 5 years it will no longer be called 'Obamacare', because it will be so popular that the Repubs won't want it associated with a Democratic President.

bbsam

Staff member
And what is the average subsidy? There is a problem with the program when someone making as much as I do would have gotten a small subsidy because the coverage has to be so inclusive that the premiums are that high.

I would have no problem with ACA if there were different levels of coverage, not mandatory(that is not working anyway), and anything after basic coverage is 100% paid for by the covered.
My subsidy was $0 and I still ended up saving $520/month for the same coverage.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm happy for you, but I bet you are in the minority. Companies are not dropping coverage on people because premiums are going down.
right. They are dropping them because they can. This is bigger than any tax break Republicans ever supported.;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, but when you add up your monthly, your co-pay and your prescriptions I bet your paying more per month than you used to. But you will never admit it because you see Obamacare with blinders on.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, but when you add up your monthly, your co-pay and your prescriptions I bet your paying more per month than you used to. But you will never admit it because you see Obamacare with blinders on.
I doubt it. We don't spend $520 a month more in co pays etc. We have the same 80/20 coverage wit $4500 deductible we used to have. Only difference is one of my wife's prescriptions is $15 instead of $60.