President Obama!

MAKAVELI

go pay full price for insurance in the exchange and just see if you don't gain a new perspective.
I'm talking about your choice of words, " skin in the game". It's the very same bs fed to us when our plan was changed to our new and improved crap plan.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm talking about your choice of words, " skin in the game". It's the very same bs fed to us when our plan was changed to our new and improved crap plan.
google the phrase. Not everything comes from Memphis though you and MFE will find that hard to believe.

MAKAVELI

That's not the point.

The point I was trying to make is prior to the co-pays and deductibles guys would go to the ER for sniffles. Now that they have "skin in the game" they are much more conscious of how they are spending their medical dollars.
I would hardly call what you guys pay as skin in the game. Even when our health insurance was decent I never knew anybody to go to the emergency room for the sniffles. I think its just for companies to pay less when an employee is actually have to use it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I never knew anyone who went to the ER for sniffles either. Its not worth the long wait because the ER is always full of people with no insurance who get treated for free instead of them going to a regular doctor for minor things. And they usually have a whole pack of kids with them to be treated. They don't work so they don't care about waiting.

bbsam

Staff member
I never knew anyone who went to the ER for sniffles either. Its not worth the long wait because the ER is always full of people with no insurance who get treated for free instead of them going to a regular doctor for minor things. And they usually have a whole pack of kids with them to be treated. They don't work so they don't care about waiting.
My best friend and his wife (both of whom work) took their first born son to the ER because his nose started bleeding. Doctor looked at him and said, "He's got a bloody nose.". Sent home with a $600 bill. They've been back to the ER one other time (heart issue) but quickly realized that life's bumps and bruises are just life's bumps and bruises.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't get FBN (Fox Business News) , but I saw the ad for Cavuto's show at 8 PM (eastern) tonight.

It said that 7.1 million number is off.......

it's off by millions.

Neil said the numbers that the gov't claims they don't have were readily available with just a liitle work. Sounds interesting.

oldngray

nowhere special
My best friend and his wife (both of whom work) took their first born son to the ER because his nose started bleeding. Doctor looked at him and said, "He's got a bloody nose.". Sent home with a $600 bill. They've been back to the ER one other time (heart issue) but quickly realized that life's bumps and bruises are just life's bumps and bruises.

The hospital will only bill people they have a hope of collecting from. If someone has any assets they get dirty about liens on property or similar ways of trying to collect. If they know there is no chance of collecting they just write off the loss.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't get FBN (Fox Business News) , but I saw the ad for Cavuto's show at 8 PM (eastern) tonight.

It said that 7.1 million number is off.......

it's off by millions.

Neil said the numbers that the gov't claims they don't have were readily available with just a liitle work. Sounds interesting.

Yes, its very easy for the government to get those exact numbers but since they are being evasive it probably indicates they would be bad for the administration.

bbsam

Staff member
The hospital will only bill people they have a hope of collecting from. If someone has any assets they get dirty about liens on property or similar ways of trying to collect. If they know there is no chance of collecting they just write off the loss.
They had insurance but insurance has deductibles.