President Obama!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Re: Obamanation here today

I believe they are 54K jobs here.

You believe that? I will when i see it...i think its more like speculation...kinda like stocks. How do they know it created or going to create 54k jobs? Last year, GE said they would hire 200 workers at the GE plant in Louisville, KY for their new line of hot water heaters. This was to be by the end of this year. I have not see it yet...but they have a few months to go...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

Oh, I get it. He leaves town, his stooges (like Axelrod) make statements about the economy and then when he comes back he says, "Oh no, that's not how it is" and he looks like the big man leader in charge. Nice scam!

klein

Für Meno :)

Oh, I get it. He leaves town, his stooges (like Axelrod) make statements about the economy and then when he comes back he says, "Oh no, that's not how it is" and he looks like the big man leader in charge. Nice scam!

You know Moreluck, you ain't getting much support with your Obama travel opinion.
He is out there seeking new contracts and new jobs for Americans.
He got a multi-billion dollar deal for Boeing in India, and much more.
Those contracts could have easily went to Bombardier (Canada), or Rolls Royce (England), because we are commenwealth partners with India.

I heard he fell short in South Korea, though, but it sure was worth a try !

If you think the US shouldn't attend the G20 meetings there, or anywhere else, and the President should always be home, then that is your opinion, that many won't share with you.
But, also, don't count on new jobs from exporting goods, and just keep living with a large trade-deficit !

This G20 meeting is rather an important one, with the top-subject being the currency devaluation wars going on. Especcially those of the US Dollar and Chinese Yuan.
Seems it's the new thing to do : Print more money, let the currency fall, and hopefully export more, which will lead to major inflation if it's not stopped.

Like I said, if you think the President shouldn't be doing trade talks or attending World-leader meetings, then you are 1 of a few !

moreluck

golden ticket member

New jobs ????? I'll believe it when I see them. So far only one new job.....a czar created for internet privacy....whoopee! I did not make up his "runaway" ploy. It's being discussed openly.
Exports? We export one item and we get a million items in return from China. He should stay home and make it easier for business to make the products right here. How about levy some import taxes on that Chineses crap??

klein

New jobs ????? I'll believe it when I see them. So far only one new job.....a czar created for internet privacy....whoopee! I did not make up his "runaway" ploy. It's being discussed openly.
Exports? We export one item and we get a million items in return from China. He should stay home and make it easier for business to make the products right here. How about levy some import taxes on that Chineses crap??

Sure, put a levy on chinese products, 25% as Trumpf suggested. Just get used to paying more for almost everything you purchase.
Besides that, not too long ago, I watched a show, I can't really recall which products were mentioned, but I'm sure the Apple I-Phone or Sony Play station were mentioned.

The cost of the chinese to make 1 of those items is nearly $10-$20 dollars (if even that) and which they only get paid for, then they get sent here and sell for $200-$400.
It's not the chinese making those huge profits, but the tech companies !
I just wonder where you want to add the 25% , at the manufacturing costs, or steal money away from Apple, Microsoft, IBM, etc, and add the levy at retail price .

You know as well as I do, that if a chinese worker makes $3.00 per day, another 25% added to that, won't hurt much.
We still couldn't compete, and all we get is higher prices here, and higher inflation.

Besides all that, the Chinese almost own the US dollar. They can break it into pieces overnight and make it as valuable as a Peso, if it ever came to an all outright trade war !
And Greece would be nothing compared to what would happen to the US and the American people.

You say he should stay home, and create jobs there.... he can't if the American people aren't buying.
He is trying to find new customers overseas.

Ever think of UPS ?
How well would they be doing if they only had limited business in America and nowhere else ?
You don't think UPS doesn't have their CEO going overseas to find new contracts ?

So, should we charge UPS 25% levy charge on everything that gets shipped from abroad, too ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Well his negotiations failed because he wanted something for unions. He went too far. He wanted additional protections for labor unions.

He went one step too far and it failed.
Wasted tons of money on a trip and he FAILED !! Failed to secure 70 some thousand jobs. Donkey!

klein

Yup, the free trade agreement failed in South Korea. Korea refused US Automobiles and Beef.
India was a success, and Indonesia a "wait and see approach".

The G20 meeting also failed, since the US complained about the low set Yuan, and the Brits, EU, and China, complained about the low US dollar (by printing recently 600 Billion more), which was a Federal Reserve decision, not Obama's, though.

And by all means, Obama has no credibility anymore. Wouldn't matter who or which party a US president is in currently.
His signature is worthless, it must pass congress first.
That's just another reason why the US will be stuck in a stalemate economy for atleast the next 2 years.
Sad, but true.

Why is America the only democratic country I know of, that doesn't have an opposition leader, (in this case a republican that leads the rep party ) ?

If that were the case, like in all other democratic countries, together they could travel and sign deals, and get things moving and work together to build a stronger nation !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember unions getting the waiver from the Health care ???

Now B.O. has given 111 waivers to various companies.....exemption from the mandates of the new health bill. Hint....this makes it sound like this bill isn't very sound!!

Nobody is reporting this.....it's on the gov't site hidden 6 pages deep.

Either it's for everybody OR it's not for everybody!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy

obamas-stimulus-package.jpg
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2010/11/seen-pumping-se.html

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some Marine chit chat......... If Obama didn't recognize the Marine Corps.'s birthday....shame on him. I'll bet he doesn't forget Mohammed's b-day!!

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday----? !

SEND TO ALL MARINES! SPREAD THE WORD! SEMPER FI

Woody, it's no secret that the present CIC has no love for our Corps, but in the past we had enough friends in power who loved America and protected the Marine Corps. I don't know if the political climate is such that this threat you sent becomes real, but I take nothing for granted concerning Obie. This administration is slowly reducing each of our military services and thus our ability to protect and defend!

See another shameful display of indifference below.

Interesting message from a friend.

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:09 PM

Subject: USMC BD

Ron: Prov and I went to our 55th USMC Birthday celebration last night. After reading the message from MG John Lejeune the emcee apologized because for the first time in memory we had no birthday message from our commander in chief. He then read the message from our Commandant. We were stunned. When it came time to toast our commander in chief almost no one drank from his/her glass. How sad. Semper Fi,
"Monk"

"IN GOD WE TRUST"!

WOW ! What a shocker---at least to me it is. What's your take on this?

Semper fi !!

PMSair

Actually if you just take the time to do a little research you will find

"“Freedom is not free, but the United States Marine Corps will pay most of your share.” – President Obama. Happy 235th Birthday"