Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

I get to take my 4 1/2 hr MRE tomorrow. That should be a treat I guess there are 11 times sections. Than on Tuesday morning I have a meeting / interview with my DM I believe the 1st of 2 interviews I believe the other one will be a phone interview with someone that could be located anywhere in the country.

UPSGUY72

For the time he will put in, it's a bad move financially. If he had 1 year in with ups, sure.

I'm aware he will receive a small amount based on years. But if he puts 35 years collectively at ups, he won't get near what you or I would.

He better max out his 401k and then also start a separate investment plan now. That'll eat into his "pay raise ".

I would of stayed driving.

LOL I'll worry about my retirement you worry about yours. I'll be doing fine when I retire. Also don'y worry about my pay raises either they will be more than yours yearly.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Enjoy your pay cut after you pay for your healthcare and you won't be receiving a pension in management.
At the rate the pension system is going, drivers starting today won't have a pension by the time they retire either. Pension system is dying. This is the only company in America where hourlies don't see that,
That 401k "match" is nothing to the pension you would have received.
Yeah, how dare someone have to plan for their own retirement! Not to mention at least I know my 401K will be there when I retire. All the time I hear drivers in my center worried because they don't know if their pension will be there.
Nobody is making the numbers they want.
Nobody makes all their numbers. But it isn't impossible to make a great deal of them. You just have to surround yourself with a PT management team who has the same initiative you do.
No you won't but ok. They really glossed you over with all this. After your healthcare deductions and putting more money away for retirement because you won't receive a pension. Your take home will be less than ours.
Honest question. How much do you guys think we pay for insurance? Because the number one attempted insult I get on here is "How much do you pay for your healthcare?" You guys make it out to be like we are buying a car every year or something.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
At the rate the pension system is going, drivers starting today won't have a pension by the time they retire either. Pension system is dying. This is the only company in America where hourlies don't see that,

Yeah, how dare someone have to plan for their own retirement! Not to mention at least I know my 401K will be there when I retire. All the time I hear drivers in my center worried because they don't know if their pension will be there.

Nobody makes all their numbers. But it isn't impossible to make a great deal of them. You just have to surround yourself with a PT management team who has the same initiative you do.

Honest question. How much do you guys think we pay for insurance? Because the number one attempted insult I get on here is "How much do you pay for your healthcare?" You guys make it out to be like we are buying a car every year or something.
I don't think the ups/ibt pension system will die. Mine is funded at 103%. I'm not depending on my pension when I retire but it sure will be nice to get it after 35 plus years. Imagine putting in close to that in management and receiving nothing. Sorry but I'd rather receive that benefit for the time in.

If someone isn't taking advantage of a 401k in this day then they're stupid. But I wouldn't rely on it completely to fund retirement. If you think a match is going to fund retirement , well you're putting all your eggs in one basket. It should be just one part of a strategy. But the point is, if you're no longer receiving a pension, you'll have to take that increase in salary and put it aside to make up for that. I mean if someone was smart.

Top that with paying a few hundred or so for your health care to cover you and your dependents and you're not banking ahead in terms of the whole picture. That was my point. I highly doubt he was promoted as an ORS with a salary of 120,000 /year. Because if a driver can average 100,000/year, with no out of cost for health care or pension, then that's what they would have had to offer him to be ahead or break even with what he was compensated before.

He actually probably took a pay/benefits cut when you factor in his increased costs now for that. That was my point. I'll agree with you that every individual should plan for their retirement as if you're receiving nothing. That wasn't my point.

UPSGUY72

Well of course you did you have that big bad scary 4 year degree. Lol

Passing the MRE has nothing to do with what your education level is. It's all about managing situations and people and that is all. There is no over type of questions on it. It's all what you would do questions and not multiple choice answers..

moldsporh

Passing the MRE has nothing to do with what your education level is. It's all about managing situations and people and that is all. There is no over type of questions on it. It's all what you would do questions and not multiple choice answers..
They also need to know how long you need to spend at their "hate school"....lol.

UPSGUY72

His kids helped him with the spelling and grammar.

The company that administers the MRE doesn't care about spelling or grammar they even said that wouldn't be held against you. As that is what spell check is for and currently their program doesn't have that function...

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They company that administers the MRE doesn't care about spelling or grammar they even said that wouldn't be held against you. As that is what spell check is for and currently there program doesn't have that function...

The company that administers the MRE doesn't care about spelling or grammar; in fact, they even said that those wouldn't be held against you as that is what spell check is for.Their program does not have the ability to detect and correct poor spelling and grammar.

oldngray

nowhere special
They company that administers the MRE doesn't care about spelling or grammar they even said that wouldn't be held against you. As that is what spell check is for and currently their program doesn't have that function...
grammar nazi comfort.jpg