Putting in My Letter of Intent

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Your math skills and salary expectations are just as bad as your communication skills in written form.

You'll make a great candidate for management. Most of them can't figure out numbers or communicate either.
Except for a few exceptions like Frigid.

trickpony1

This is why management compensation isn't talked about because everyone is getting paid differently and some people doing the exact same job are getting paid differently and the difference could be thousands of dollars...

This should, but probably won't, tell the OP volumes.

It tells me there is no honor among thieves.

I vote we close this thread because the OP seems obsessed and nothing is going to change his mind. If the OP hasn't "got it" by now, he's not going to "get it".

clean hairy

High stress will be if you are told:
"The one who had this center before you could not get it done, you have 60 days or you are gone!"
"ALL Drivers are to be at scratch or better, AND all Drivers better be running a minimum of 85% compliance on Orion."
"If you have even ONE grievance filed against you, then you are gone as well!"
You have just gone from being a Driver having security in keeping your job, to potentially being out the door in 60 days with no recourse.
So, how will you meet the expectations listed above to keep your job past 60 days?

brown2bone

There are only two things that someone at UPS can't fix (stealing and falsifying records).
Wrong. Wait until you get into management and you will see, just because you were a scratch driver and smart not all drivers are and you will find this out. Your division manager can't change the problems and process and you definitely won't be able to either. You will actually find most FT sups eventually realize this and give up trying to change things and it's sad because even if the whole FT sup team was on the same page of trying to make a change it is still near impossible. You are blind now to what is behind the seems now and no real ORS will tell you they are miserable until they have broken the chains. Good luck to you sounds like you got your mind made up and maybe even had it made up before you asked for advise, so why then ask for advise if you seem to have a rebuttal for what everyone is telling you? If you have doubts you should listen to them closely.

oldngray

nowhere special
you can do it.gif

clean hairy

Several years back, I believe it was something like 2.5(months salary), now it is 1. I believe that is right.
I believe it might be paid if you meet some made up numbers.
If you don't make the made up numbers, you don't get the bonus.
Of course, they would never make up unrealistic numbers for any employee to meet, would they?

trickpony1

I believe it might be paid if you meet some made up numbers.
If you don't make the made up numbers, you don't get the bonus.
Of course, they would never make up unrealistic numbers for any employee to meet, would they?

The OP may also want to ask his "mentors" if they have ever heard of, or been put on, a 30-60-90.

I'd be interested in what the "mentors" say.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Don't need to be in management to see exactly what happens. When you've been here 20 plus years and see the quality of management before and the culture now, well if you're smart and observant, you can piece it together.

I've dealt with more ORS and CMs I'm sure than you have. It's not hard to break down the personality of what type they are. It also isn't hard to figure out the role of management when you've been there a long time. It's not some super secret club.

I've also studied conflict resolution and managing stressful and critical situations for longer than I've been at ups. The average ORS doesn't know conflict resolution. They go to management school and adapt the fear culture that ups seems to think works but doesn't. It used to be subtle but these new breeds like the OP, seem to embrace it with a glossed over naive perfection.

I'm sure there are good CMs and ORS supervisors out there who do it fairly. But they are the exception and not the rule anymore at ups. That's a proven fact.
It's not a fact it's an opinion.

I just think it's hilarious. You guys act like we get rocks thrown at us by upper management if we don't scream at you guys or miss our numbers. The management culture in your center may be bad. But lets stop acting it's a nationwide epidemic. It's a big company you're always going to have idiots.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It's not a fact it's an opinion.

I just think it's hilarious. You guys act like we get rocks thrown at us by upper management if we don't scream at you guys or miss our numbers. The management culture in your center may be bad. But lets stop acting it's a nationwide epidemic. It's a big company you're always going to have idiots.
In a he bigger buildings it's much different then your small center. I've seen it. The management culture is bad and I believe it's much like that all over. It's not the ups culture of 20 plus years ago. There's such a difference it's unbelievable.

That's why a lot of the old school management retired. They saw the changes and didn't agree with it at all. I had this discussion with a center manager who put almost 40 years. He said the things they do today, they wouldn't have been tolerated back when he started.

It's not the values we should have either. We need to get back to what made ups great. Sadly this culture doesn't embrace that.

It needs to quickly