Putting in My Letter of Intent

Anthonysg0113

ORS don't fire drivers center manager's do. An ORS might send a driver home for the day but if a drivers getting fired it's coming from the center manager...
You are just the puppet. You have to tell them they're fired. That just happened in my center. It's just who the DM wants to tell the driver. Welcome to your new job.

UPSGUY72

Good idea not pushing the envelope.....you're better off getting down on your knees from your first day in management

LOL First day is Monday going to be riding along with Drivers for the first couple of weeks and getting to know the routes I haven't done in the building I'm going to be a SUP in. Then I'm getting sent to QVA school for a week and Intergrad down in MD at some point and other schools eventually. Don't see any getting down on my knees happening. I was a driver for the center manager that I'm going to be a ORS for before and once he found out I was putting my name in for a ORS position he actively reached out to me for ORS position his building.

Like I said I had my interview with my DM yesterday with my center manager sitting in on it and got hired during the interview. Went to work today to deliver air and the center manager I'm going to work for call me and told me you start Monday.. Two hours later my ORS called me and told me the same thing I said I know I already got called.

I know being a ORS isn't going to be easy. However like my DM and center manager say being an ORS gives you more flexibility to be able to do thing like go to your kids games....

UPSGUY72

If you were a cashier at a restaurant would you be able to make change without the register telling you how much to give back to the customer?

I'm pretty good at math I got a engineering degree. I can do more math in my head and faster then you can with a calculator...

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
However like my DM and center manager say being an ORS gives you more flexibility to be able to do thing like go to your kids games....

Do you really believe that? I know they can kinda make up their own hours but our ORS is new and she spends sometimes 15hours at this place. Either way, I'm not into bashing someone for what THEY think is right and what THEY feel in their heart so I do wish you luck Monday and congrats, I'm sure it will be an adventure.

Browntown2014

LOL First day is Monday going to be riding along with Drivers for the first couple of weeks and getting to know the routes I haven't done in the building I'm going to be a SUP in. Then I'm getting sent to QVA school for a week and Intergrad down in MD at some point and other schools eventually. Don't see any getting down on my knees happening. I was a driver for the center manager that I'm going to be a ORS for before and once he found out I was putting my name in for a ORS position he actively reached out to me for ORS position his building.

Like I said I had my interview with my DM yesterday with my center manager sitting in on it and got hired during the interview. Went to work today to deliver air and the center manager I'm going to work for call me and told me you start Monday.. Two hours later my ORS called me and told me the same thing I said I know I already got called.

I know being a ORS isn't going to be easy. However like my DM and center manager say being an ORS gives you more flexibility to be able to do thing like go to your kids games....

What a great decision you have made, I always dreamed when I was a little kid that one day I would be in a position to tell grown men how to walk up and down steps. I never made it so happy to see you have.

UPSGUY72

Do you really believe that? I know they can kinda make up their own hours but our ORS is new and she spends sometimes 15hours at this place. Either way, I'm not into bashing someone for what THEY think is right and what THEY feel in their heart so I do wish you luck Monday and congrats, I'm sure it will be an adventure.

Thanks. She needs to get a token so she can do work at home or check on things while she is home later at night. She is there late most likely because she has to do things online and hasn't realized she can do them at home if she had a token.

I'm working in a building where I'll start at 7:30 and drivers start at 9:00. Most of the drivers are back way before 7:00 the Air shuttle leave at 7:00 and the local sort closes between 8-9pm.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

What a great decision you have made, I always dreamed when I was a little kid that one day I would be in a position to tell grown men how to walk up and down steps. I never made it so happy to see you have.

You have trouble walking up and down steps. Maybe your one of the grown men that get paid $34 + hr but can't seem to follow simple instruction that are there so you have a better chance of going home in one piece and uninjured each night to see your family...

brown2bone

I'm not going to get out at 3:30 every day maybe once a week But I also won't be staying to 7 or 8. The local sort closes in the building I'm going to be working in real early. I'll be able to work on my gold game a little more also and probably with my center manager...
Lol

brown2bone

If your not getting Full MIP neither is your center manager of DM.

ORS get around 2 times there monthly salary in MIP to start. center manager's get about 6 times there monthly salary in MIP that's coming form a center manager. I'm not sure about DM...

Did you even get an offer or ask questions. I already told you and everyone else what it is and it's the same across the board. A center manager does NOT get 6 times his monthly salary, it's up to 34% of his annual salary and an ORS is up to 17%. If a center manager makes 100k base he will be lucky if he gets a 25k bonus(MIP)

Are you and living in Colorado? Maybe you should quit hitting up the dispensary and do you homework.

Overpaid Union Thug

Ha ha ha ha! And you believed that!?!?!?

giphy.gif

brown2bone

You are just the puppet. You have to tell them they're fired. That just happened in my center. It's just who the DM wants to tell the driver. Welcome to your new job.
No body gets fired! I papered so many drivers to get fired and walked many out the gates and took IDs as an ORS only for them to get there jobs back. It takes years to catch a driver slip on not filing a grievance timely to get them fired. Basically your job is just a designated baby sitter. I always said if this doesn't work out in management at least you have good experience for any daycare in the neighborhood wiping assess all day. That's basically what you will be doing.

My question is why do you reply to all these other jokers stupid comments. But ignore mine who actually has had a 15 year career with UPS as a driver and ORS. Every legitimate question I ask you disregard as if you know I'm right but don't want to comment.