Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

Lol just like a typical management weasel already whining about drivers pay.

LOL not whining about drivers pay I was a driver drivers get paid good money and most do a great job. On the other hand there are some that think that sense they are in the union they can act lile total a-holes and just choose not to follow the rules. As a driver I have dealt with them they are the people your always bailing out....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll figure it out if I'm I sending someone an email or report I'll definitely double and triple check. This is only BC and it's always nice to see how people have nothing better to do than complain about grammar kind keeps things more interesting... :-)

How you express yourself says a lot about you as a person. Based on your posts I would have thought you worked the drive-thru at Mickey D's.

UPSGUY72

I was an ORS. everything you have said doesn't line up if you actually did your homework and asked the questions. Your story seems to change a lot too. You said you got an offer and didn't want to push the envelope, but now it's you were waiting for a better offer as if you turned the first down. Your center manager sound like he really needed an ORS as he was lying to you. Sounds like your off on the right foot. I have never heard of such a small center of only 25 drivers making a decision of hiring a FT sup. You should have met and interviewed with your District manager as they make the calls. Not on a division level.

I said I got two offers one at the interview which I said I there is room for negotiations and one a couple hours later in the day the second offer was $10,000 more a year than the first I didn't want to push the envelope on that number. My face to face interview was with my Division Manger. According my center manager and other ORS I was suppose to have another over the phone interview with someone but it never got that far I got hired after the first interview.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Congratulations on your new job. Most of my best supervisors over the years have come from the driver ranks. At the least, they new what the job actually entailed.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That number about 6 times their monthly salary came from my center manager's mouth when we were walking back from the other side of the building after I had my interview and got hired but was waiting for a better offer than they gave me to start.

Not ignoring you. I said your numbers were close. I'm not getting into my specific numbers as management people don't talk about specific numbers on what they make for a reason as nobody gets paid the same. If you want to find out what you'd make apply for a position you can always turn it down if you pass the MRE. You be surprised.

My last ORS that just left UPS made over $120,000 plus got $25,000 in MIP last year and that was seen on paper.
So you're saying your last ORS made $145,000 in one year?

You're right. You're perfect for management. You can't communicate. You lie and when caught lying, you lie more. You're delusional in your expectations versus reality. You also have to point out constantly how every DM,center manager and every other management personal who's come in contact with you thinks you're so amazing. So amazing that they created a position for you and offered you so much money when they heard you were interested in management ?

You also think if you're such an awesome ORS that the company will move you into other positions. Yeah they're going to make sure you stay there because you're making your DM shine.

You must of taken a position in the fantasy world of perfection.

Your own stories and comments don't add up and contradict each other when you get caught. You're not even a good liar.

clean hairy

LOL not whining about drivers pay I was a driver drivers get paid good money and most do a great job. On the other hand there are some that think that sense they are in the union they can act lile total a-holes and just choose not to follow the rules. As a driver I have dealt with them they are the people your always bailing out....
Man, he sure is singing a very different tune now!
If I remember correctly. some time back, he was standing up for his fellow drivers, who were trying to do the work and just pay the bills?
Now, those who used to be his Co-Workers are whiney A-Holes?
All I can say is WOW! now we know what he REALLY thought about his former co-workers!
So now, instead of having to listen to BS from Management, he is now the one who will have the same BS coming out of his mouth!

Holydriver

There is no reason to close or lock a thread that people keep commenting on. Just let it die a natural death. Like the rest do
i agree. this shut it down crap is taking america and BC by storm. "i dont agree with you, shut it down!!!!" basically thats how it goes in the PC world we have today. lets not make BC PC

UPSGUY72

Man, he sure is singing a very different tune now!
If I remember correctly. some time back, he was standing up for his fellow drivers, who were trying to do the work and just pay the bills?
Now, those who used to be his Co-Workers are whiney A-Holes?
All I can say is WOW! now we know what he REALLY thought about his former co-workers!
So now, instead of having to listen to BS from Management, he is now the one who will have the same BS coming out of his mouth!

No I have always taken the stance that there are driver out there that act like A-holes and do what they want because they are in the union. Get your facts straight...

tourists24

No I have always taken the stance that there are driver out there that act like A-holes and do what they want because they are in the union. Get your facts straight...
Do what they want? Like what? Just curious.... I know a lot of drivers who take advantage of the contract language afforded them, but not sure they "do what they want"

By The Book

It's not a stance to take. I'm pretty sure all drivers are different when it comes to performance. If you think we are all Michael Jordan's when it comes to performance you will be very frustrated with your unrealistic expectations of these drivers. It's all about averages.... You get that right? I'm sure there is a small percentage that work the system and a percentage of the overachievers also work the system....would you agree? My advice would be to use your first 6 months or so observing and encouraging the drivers, along with your other responsibilities. You will want to correct drivers when they need it, so work on yourself as well. It may of been mentioned that you could improve on your grammar/spelling/using the correct word. Starting now, work on that and this will really help you with your interactions with your new job.