Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

Brand new on cars start in the $70K range while new center manager's are in the low $100K's.

Drivers making the move generally lose 10-15% to start but quickly recover that and more.

I didn't take a pay cut before MIP Dave your numbers aren't even close. You don't know what your talking about so stop making numbers up. Everyone that gets hired in management makes something different. Off the street ORS SUP or ORS coming from PT SUP's make a lot less then ORS that have been drivers before.

I'll give you some numbers and maybe you can figure out close to what I'm making as a ORS without getting MIP it's more than I made last years. Last year between hours worked, guaranteed time, sick and personal days, vacation and holidays I got paid for 2033.77 hrs of straight time. I also got paid for 325.26 hrs of OT. I also took 17 dead days. Figure it out and add some to it and you get what my starting ORS pay is. With full MIP it will be over $100,000.

Yearly raises will be between 2-3 % which will also make MIP increase yearly.

UPSGUY72

I'm a driver and I don't hate my management team. It's just that this guy just went into management and he's trying to sell the job to everyone.

FT Management isn't for everyone and no one should try to sell the job to anyone. You either want to do it or you don't it a personal choice. Not one that should be pushed on someone. It was my personal choice, no one asked me my center manager and my old center manager in the building I'm going to be working in were both surprised I inquired about becoming a ORS.

ManInBrown

What a great decision you have made, I always dreamed when I was a little kid that one day I would be in a position to tell grown men how to walk up and down steps. I never made it so happy to see you have.
Or have a 20 year old fresh as a daisy ORS tell you how to do the job, after he did it for 31 days and failed miserably but still squeaked thru

trickpony1

Our newest on car came to us as a preload supervisor from Houston. It took him quite a while to gain our respect.

Which, when translated, could mean:

He messed up really bad (use your imagination) in Houston and the company had to get him out of there because they couldn't fire him?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Which, when translated, could mean:

He messed up really bad (use your imagination) in Houston and the company had to get him out of there because they couldn't fire him?

Nope but thanks for playing.

We had an on car retire. His replacement was supposed to come from Canada but he had problems with his Visa. They then posted the position online and MT applied and was hired. He has family on his wife's side 90 minutes away from the center and for the first 6 months he was here he drove back and forth every day.

As I said, it took him a while to gain our respect. This may not sound good but he is Hispanic and I live in a predominantly white area so he had to overcome the typical stereotypical ignorance among some of my co-workers.

I remember one incident early on in his tenure here where one of our senior drivers disrespected him in front of other drivers. I pulled MT aside and told him that he needed to set the tone now or he would be dealing with this crap. He did and he is a respected member of our mgt team.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You said drivers usually take a pay cut that is not true...
You're leaving out the loss of future pension contributions now that you are management and they don't get one. All your time in before that will result in a much smaller pension when you retire. All your "MIP" in the future won't cover all of that. Tack on your increased healthcare costs and your numbers won't be as glorious as you've made them sound.

Yore not making 100k-145k like you stated in previous posts as an ORS. You're talking center manager/DM levels.

You took a pay cut in the long term. Couple that with your longer hours and working holidays(which sorry champ but you will be working more) and it wasn't a good move for a 20 year driver. You should have stuck it out more and retired better. Apparently your ego pushed you to seek and validate yourself through this. Your posts on here prove it.

If you were an off the street hire for ORS, sure. But coming from what you had to what you think you're going to get, we'll get ready for disappointment. It's coming.

Please also come back and tell us in year how you were either fired or just miserable in your current position. Judging by your communication skills, I'm thinking you're going to have a short career.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Brand new on cars start in the $70K range while new center manager's are in the low $100K's.

Drivers making the move generally lose 10-15% to start but quickly recover that and more.
Depending on the person. I know a driver with years in make the move. He took a pay cut. After 5 years he still wasn't where we were. He didn't get all the "bonuses" and work life balance they promised.

The OP is overestimating his value and what he was probably really offered to justify his need to do this. I'm pretty sure he's not making over 100k out the gate. His numbers and stories back and forth don't add up.

But then again that probably makes him an excellent candidate for ORS.