Putting in My Letter of Intent

By The Book

My base compensation to start is more than I made this year in which I made over $86,000.

ORS's in my area Don't work 60 hours a week except during peak and even then they sometimes don't. They also have a lot more flexibility with there schedule then a driver does. Your also wrong about little to no hope for advancement. There are lot of opportunities for advancement if you want them and apply for them.
That post showed promise, it was easy to understand, keep it up.

UPSGUY72

I'm thinking half the stuff he's saying to justify it is made up. Every ORS or dispatcher I've ever seen worked more hours then the drivers they supervised. His salary claims are way off and pretty much a flat out lie too.

They always get the naive ones to go into that job I swear.

You to can say anything you want about my salary claims. I have no reason to lie. I wasn't taking a pay cut and I didn't in base pay. You don't know what you talking about. I didn't say I was working less hrs I said there is flexibility in an ORS schedule and I won't be working late everyday. Also if I had something to due in the morning I could come in late at times... Again you haven't a clue. You assume....

I have no reason to make anything up. On the other hand you seem to have your own underlying agenda about ORS.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You to can say anything you want about my salary claims. I have no reason to lie. I wasn't taking a pay cut and I didn't in base pay. You don't know what you talking about. I didn't say I was working less hrs I said there is flexibility in an ORS schedule and I won't be working late everyday. Also if I had something to due in the morning I could come in late at times... Again you haven't a clue. You assume....

I have no reason to make anything up. On the other hand you seem to have your own underlying agenda about ORS.
It's not "due" , it's "do". It's not "you talking" it's "you are talking ". It's not "hrs", its "hours".

I don't assume anything. Unlike you, I observe and learn from experience.

You should try it sometime. Especially if you want to make as much money as you claim you'll make in those high up management positions I'm sure you'll be moved into.

Although if upper management wants someone who can communicate effectively and clearly, well you're screwed.

I don't have an underlying agenda against any ORS. I've known a few that were decent. I do have a tendency to dislike blind stupidity and ignorance. You've demonstrated much of it in regards to current ups management culture.

Anthonysg0113

It's not "due" , it's "do". It's not "you talking" it's "you are talking ". It's not "hrs", its "hours".

You should try it sometime. Especially if you want to make as much money as you claim you'll make in those high up management positions I'm sure you'll be moved into.

Although if upper management wants someone who can communicate effectively and clearly, well you're screwed.

I don't have an underlying agenda against any ORS. I've known a few that were decent. I do have a tendency to dislike blind stupidity and ignorance. You've demonstrated much of it in regards to current ups management culture.
Damn, you guys ought to get paid for the free grammar classes you've given! I'll be making a pile of money this year myself and no reason to justify it to everyone because I'm not in denial.

UPSGUY72

Sense you really have nothing to say that productive. I'm adding you to my ignore list...

UPSGUY72

Honestly we need more FT supervisors from the driver ranks, instead of the 'two-month' wonders that go straight into management.

Lot of haters in this thread.

Exactly. However those drivers that move to FT Supervisors need to be ones that can actually do the job. Not drivers that are lazy and drag there feet all day so some other driver has to come bail them out everyday.

As for all the haters they will never admit it but they are just jealous and realize that what they thought ORS got paid and what they actually get paid is two totally different numbers. A lot of the haters assume a lot of things about being a ORS and most of those assumptions aren't correct...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My base compensation to start is more than I made this year in which I made over $86,000.

ORS's in my area Don't work 60 hours a week except during peak and even then they sometimes don't. They also have a lot more flexibility with there schedule then a driver does. Your also wrong about little to no hope for advancement. There are lot of opportunities for advancement if you want them and apply for them.
Unless you are an African American Female( bonus points if you are gay) you will be in Operations for the duration of your career. You are deluding yourself if you think a White male is going to advance in this company. It isnt 1992 any longer

Last edited:

upschuck

Exactly. However those drivers that move to FT Supervisors need to be ones that can actually do the job. Not drivers that are lazy and drag there feet all day so some other driver has to come bail them out everyday.

As for all the haters they will never admit it but they are just jealous and realize that what they thought ORS got paid and what they actually get paid is two totally different numbers. A lot of the haters assume a lot of things about being a ORS and most of those assumptions aren't correct...
I heard base pay comes out to be about a drivers 9.5 day, whatever that is.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

This is hilarious. Yes I'm jealous that I'm not an ORS but I'm actually compensated well if I put in 60 hours in a week. I'm also so jealous of the fact that every ORS I've ever known had to take his job home with him or had to work the holidays ups ran all day long. I'm also jealous that even with your MIP and salary(which you've overblown and been proven wrong about in this thread by a former ORS ) , I still make more in both money and benefits. Both pension and health care.

Yes just super super jealous. Oh here's a few things I'm also sure you're jealous of. That drivers and hourlies have Union protection and that I'm not obligated to give a certain percentage of my salary to the United way. Oh you do know that it's frowned upon for advancement if you don't give a huge donation of your monthly salary? Don't you??

Maybe you forgot to calculate that into your salary costs as well.

You already have the brainwashing down. Go get 'em champ! Starting Monday, they own you in a much different way then they own us.

I just hope you don't have to spell your way out of any difficulty. Then you really are screwed.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Turn your spell check on

UPSGUY72

I heard base pay comes out to be about a drivers 9.5 day, whatever that is.

Staring base pay for new ORS varies from around $6300 to over $7000 a month. What your get offered and can negotiate depends on how long you have been working for UPS and what job you held before. A package driver is going make more starting as an ORS than a casual or PT Sup that gets hired as a ORS.

The second offer which I accepted was over $7100 a month. I Made $86,000 last year and I can say that I didn't take a pay cut in base pay by any means.

UPSGUY72

Unless you are an African American Female( bonus points if you are gay) you will be in Operations for the duration of your career. You are deluding yourself if you think a White male is going to advance in this company. It isnt 1992 any longer

I haven't seen a female ORS, center manager, or DM in my area. I have seen plenty of people advance in there career in management and they were white males. I have on the other hand seen someone get demoted from center manager to FT Preload SUP and from ORS to FT Preload SUP and they both weren't white. So your theory isn't true. Race and or sex has nothing to due with advancing in UPS if you can't due the job your not advancing.

Just a FYI I don't care what color or sex you are if you can do the job that's all that counts. You should advance on your ability not race or sex...