Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

Race and sex does make a difference. I have a female OMS who I'd LOVE to fire. It's comical how bad she is. But there would only be one other woman in the building, so we can't do that. You'll see.

I haven't seen it in my area of three buildings yet. I'm sure it matter in places...

UPSGUY72

No offense, and I say this as an ORS. Your views on schedules is way off.

I would love to be able to tell you the other ORS and I trade off who gets to go home early and how we don't end up working long hours everyday. But it's just not true. I'm in at 6 every morning and if I leave before 630 it was a great day. Your days will be a lot longer. They tell you "Oh you have to follow DOT hours!!" But it's bull. You're going to work Saturdays. A full lunch? LOL. Only time I get a full break is when I'm on road. Even then I'm on the phone.

In a perfect world and a perfect day you're absolutely correct. But there are a lot of variables in this job that screw it up.

Thanks. I don't take no offense, things differ by places I do understand I'm going to be working longer hours. I'm not bothered by that, it's a different kind of work.

UPSGUY72

7100 a month is 85000 less healthcare......unless my math is off

I didn't say I was making $7100 I said I was making over $7100 a month you guess what the numbers is. You pay Union dues and that free Healthcare you get now isn't always going to be free and if you think otherwise your in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

He said in previous posts management doesn't talk about their salary.
I gave you general numbers I haven't told you what I exactly make. Nobody thinks what I say is close anyways. Everyone seems to know better than me what I'm making.

Why don't you go apply for a FT Sup position take and pass the MRE go get interviewed and if you get a offered the job you'll know what I'm make. Oh wait no you won't everyone in management gets paid differently.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Contrary to popular belief United Way donations mean nothing for advancement. And not once have I ever thought "Boy I wish I had a steward."

You pay for your protection. I pay for my healthcare like an overwhelming majority of this country. Whoop-Dee-do
Go ahead and tell your DM that you are never donating to United way again. I'm pretty sure you will not be looked at favorably for anything again. It does matter that's why they push it so hard.

Not once did I ever think I needed a steward either. But then again I have car insurance too and don't ever plan on being in an accident and using it. It's good insurance and its relatively cheap to what we get in return being in a union.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
OMG is this thread still going on!?!?!?

"Ups sucks because they don't promote drivers!!!!!"

"Look! They promoted a driver"
"Sell out!"
"Idiot!"
"Traitor"
"He's stewpid!"

My mumbling 2 year old makes more sense than you people!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I haven't seen a female ORS, center manager, or DM in my area. I have seen plenty of people advance in there career in management and they were white males. I have on the other hand seen someone get demoted from center manager to FT Preload SUP and from ORS to FT Preload SUP and they both weren't white. So your theory isn't true. Race and or sex has nothing to due with advancing in UPS if you can't due the job your not advancing.

Just a FYI I don't care what color or sex you are if you can do the job that's all that counts. You should advance on your ability not race or sex...
This,along with many of your other posts show me you are in for the rudest awakening of your life .It would be very funny of it weren't so sad .Enjoy your new position with the company

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Go ahead and tell your DM that you are never donating to United way again. I'm pretty sure you will not be looked at favorably for anything again. It does matter that's why they push it so hard.
My DM doesn't care about my individual contribution. He cares about the center's total number.
Not once did I ever think I needed a steward either. But then again I have car insurance too and don't ever plan on being in an accident and using it. It's good insurance and its relatively cheap to what we get in return being in a union.
You have car insurance because the law requires it.