Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

First Day done and found out that most of you are wrong about more stuff LOL. Straight from my center manager I will not have to work any Saturdays except if we are running ground (ie during peak). Saturday Air is run by the 3 Air drivers themselves. There is a FT SUP that in charge of the Air in the building I just left on Saturdays and she handles any problem they my have. Also was informed that I can leave when I get my work done and I don't need to stick around just to stick around. Also will not have to cover for the dispatch Sup when the dispatch SUP is out as a PT SUP on that preload covers. However I will learn how to do it as that differs in other buildings. Miles we put on are personal cars during work are reimbursed at the going rate > $.50 a mile.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
First Day done and found out that most of you are wrong about more stuff LOL. Straight from my center manager I will not have to work any Saturdays except if we are running ground (ie during peak). Saturday Air is run by the 3 Air drivers themselves. There is a FT SUP that in charge of the Air in the building I just left on Saturdays and she handles any problem they my have. Also was informed that I can leave when I get my work done and I don't need to stick around just to stick around. Also will not have to cover for the dispatch Sup when the dispatch SUP is out as a PT SUP on that preload covers. However I will learn how to do it as that differs in other buildings. Miles we put on are personal cars during work are reimbursed at the going rate > $.50 a mile.
Cool story bro
But who cares!!

clean hairy

Are your former co-workers supportive of you, or did you get the cold shoulder from them?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Cool story bro
But who cares!!
200  fgtyui.gif

UPSGUY72

Are your former co-workers supportive of you, or did you get the cold shoulder from them?

Haven't got a cold shoulder from anyone. The only one I see getting a cold shoulder from is the guy going to a local panel tomorrow and he is such a tool the local removed him from being a shop steward and most of the drivers don't like him.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't understand that mentality. Lets just give someone the cold shoulder because of a position. If something is done to them, okay. But because Thursday he was union and today management? Not how adults treat each other.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Your work never ends. You just pick to ignore some of it for the next day because you can't get it all done. And even if you get it all done and go home. You will be on the phone with issues to help correct.

For dispatch, PAY ATTENTION. That is one thing I absolutely hate about my training. I didn't get near enough experience on it. Good dispatch can make or break your days. The dispatch sup may do most the work. But you will work on the plans he will put into action.

Miles on the personal vehicle though, seriously, good luck. If I actually kept track of every single mile I put on my car UPS would owe me some serious moolah. But for classes and meetings, get the miles every time.

Your work never ends. You just pick to ignore some of it for the next day because you can't get it all done. And even if you get it all done and go home. You will be on the phone with issues to help correct.

For dispatch, PAY ATTENTION. That is one thing I absolutely hate about my training. I didn't get near enough experience on it. Good dispatch can make or break your days. The dispatch sup may do most the work. But you will work on the plans he will put into action.

Miles on the personal vehicle though, seriously, good luck. If I actually kept track of every single mile I put on my car UPS would owe me some serious moolah. But for classes and meetings, get the miles every time.
You couldn't pay me enough to take a supervision job.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The supervisors in my center are chill and definitely dont seem over worked or anything. Basing off of what I've seen in my brief career I dont see it being that bad. But that might depend from center to center

UPSGUY72

Just saying what my center manager has been telling me and he's a straight shooter. He said keep track and have the OMS order you planner to do so.

I'm also getting sent to QVA school week ending 1-23.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My DM doesn't care about my individual contribution. He cares about the center's total number.

You have car insurance because the law requires it.

And if those total numbers don't make it, guess who they ask to make that up? Like I said, next UW campaign, go to your DM and say "no". You absolutely will get a not so favorable reaction.

As far as the car insurance, it's a metaphor. Being in the union and exercising the contract is like having insurance. You hope you never need it but it's good to know it is there to protect you if you do need it. Small price to pay for that security and absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Do you work in the BOG?

Please come back in a few years and tell us how awesome it is but most importantly, keep telling us how awesome YOU think you are over and over again.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't understand that mentality. Lets just give someone the cold shoulder because of a position. If something is done to them, okay. But because Thursday he was union and today management? Not how adults treat each other.
I don't know if it's so much that mentality but more of "I'm going to be careful on what I say or how much I trust this guy now because he's not my fellow worker but now in a position of management which could be used against me" type of thinking.

A lot of what ups does in this modern day isn't how adults treat each other. Get rid of some of the useless metrics and it would probably be a different environment instead of the hostile one they like to promote in some centers today.

I don't know if it's so much that mentality but more of "I'm going to be careful on what I say or how much I trust this guy now because he's not my fellow worker but now in a position of management which could be used against me" type of thinking.

A lot of what ups does in this modern day isn't how adults treat each other. Get rid of some of the useless metrics and it would probably be a different environment instead of the hostile one they like to promote in some centers today.
Do you know how many supervisors I've seen go out on mental disability?

Way too many.