PVD's and loss of overtime

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Correct, 9.5 is non-binding on the company during that period. 9.5 list would still serve as documented interest in not working over 40 hours though. That could serve as a defense to farming out extra to PVD's. (Hiring enough PVD's to keep those particular drivers at 8 hours a day.)
Being on the 9.5 list doesn't mean you don't want over 40 hours it means you don't want over 47.5 or actually 49.5 to make it a round number...sort of.

Pseudonym

This is my first peak. Was in the mindset that I'd be maxing out on hours from thanksgiving to christmas.

I was getting more hours all summer long than I have been this month.

Should be interesting to see what happens after the new year. Does everyone suddenly go back to 12 hour days the instant the PVDs are gone?

Rack em

Made the Podium
This is my first peak. Was in the mindset that I'd be maxing out on hours from thanksgiving to christmas.

I was getting more hours all summer long than I have been this month.

Should be interesting to see what happens after the new year. Does everyone suddenly go back to 12 hour days the instant the PVDs are gone?
Seasonals are gone starting January 1st (at least here they are). I predict a ton of 14 hour days in January. And if I see any seasonals/pvds/sups working then I'll make a ton in grievance money :)

rustys954rr

Yep.

Some people might think that the company should buy more vehicles, or invest in more infrastructure that would not be

utilized for the majority of the year. The Union's instance on something like that.... puts company's out of business.
So our year round U Hauls and a building that has been outdated for probably 15 years now is fine? A company that struggles to find a same sized replacement package car while one is red-tagged and waiting for parts for months straight? A few extra package cars sitting idle aren't going to put a company out of business that makes a billion dollars every quarter. Piss poor decisions like letting people deliver out of a honda civic will though.

Cloud

Lots of over time at my building . We had guys with a last stop at 1:40 am . Obviously that isn’t legal but that’s how we’re dispatched . Feel free to come help lol
If their last stop is at 1:40 AM, wtf time are they starting at the next day then? Legally they can't until 11:40am until the 10 hours off rule the next day.

Cloud

PVDs are not subcontractors. They are seasonal employees and in most areas they are paying union dues.

Here, PVDs are a seasonal non-union "employee". The reason I put employee in quotes is that the only thing employee-ish about it is that they give you an uniform that makes you look like a full-time UPS employee and they are on the payroll with taxes taken out, but in reality it's more like a subcontractor because there's no benefits that come with the job.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Here, PVDs are a seasonal non-union "employee". The reason I put employee in quotes is that the only thing employee-ish about it is that they give you an uniform that makes you look like a full-time UPS employee and they are on the payroll with taxes taken out, but in reality it's more like a subcontractor because there's no benefits that come with the job.
Your PVDs get uniforms??????

Cloud

Your PVDs get uniforms??????
Yeah surprisingly they do-especially the ones that started in October. However, the later ones that they hire like right now to work like 2 or 3 weeks then get booted have no shot at getting a uniform and only a vest that says "seasonal helper". I saw like 20 newly hired PVDs today in my building. *shudders*

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Yeah surprisingly they do-especially the ones that started in October. However, the later ones that they hire like right now to work like 2 or 3 weeks then get booted have no shot at getting a uniform and only a vest that says "seasonal helper". I saw like 20 newly hired PVDs today in my building. *shudders*
But they can’t do pickups