PVD's and loss of overtime

Just Lurking

Yep.

Some people might think that the company should buy more vehicles, or invest in more infrastructure that would not be

utilized for the majority of the year. The Union's instance on something like that.... puts company's out of business.
Hey Bug I can tell you that a M0-Kan panel the company stated they are short 2K package cars in the Central. So I don't think they will be underutilized here in the central.
In the late 80's, it was not uncommon for most centers have 5-10 extra package cars. Better to have a few too many package cars then to not have enough. Anyway we have had 25-30 rentals on property if over half sitting because we will need them closer to Christmas.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey Bug I can tell you that a M0-Kan panel the company stated they are short 2K package cars in the Central. So I don't think they will be underutilized here in the central.
In the late 80's, it was not uncommon for most centers have 5-10 extra package cars. Better to have a few too many package cars then to not have enough. Anyway we have had 25-30 rentals on property if over half sitting because we will need them closer to Christmas.
First peak I rolled over a million miles on some hunk of junk they pulled out of god knows where.

I don’t mind the rental though. Give the runners the package cars and all of the extra stops.

Ends Dec 31st here for PVD and FT seasonal helpers.

Driver helpers go till Jan 15th
giphy-21.gif

Zurion

I worked 59.6 hours last week. We are all working 6 days a week. We have over 30 pvds, with 78 drivers. Work has been very busy in our area. Has been all year. I would take an "easier" peak right now. Alot of us are close to breaking 3000 hours this year.
I think we work in the same center. My hours were close to that, and exact same number of drivers. I don't know or care how many PVDs my center has though

vvv

I like an easy peak. I've done the not so easy peak thing too many years.
They've been taking a nice amount of work off of me and you won't hear me complaining. And no issues getting paid my guaranteed 8.....don't even have to ask.

Theres been plenty of days in the past couple weeks that I punched at a bit less/more than 7 hours and home with the coals fired up to grill by 4:30pm and enjoying a cold beer.

Everyone loves a fat padded paycheck, but this comes at a price. And that price is my time, and I value my personal time. And therefore not willing to work those long hours if I can get away with not doing so.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Pretty sure the unions stance is that they are considered seasonal employees. Only difference between them and a seasonal driver is that they’ve agreed to use their own vehicle as opposed to a company vehicle.
They’re not seasonal workers. The company used them from March through late July in our area and from October until present. They also pay them more than drivers in progression and they get to steal everyone’s overtime. They’re scabs and the so called union should be ashamed. Plus stupid not only did they manage to screw its members out of money but they didn’t even get a buck out of the PVD sellout deal.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Last night they tried to send a PVD to come take stops off me. I said no, if you want to send a RPCD (or 22.4) fine, otherwise I’m going to continue my route. Never heard anything back. Got done at 10, punched out with 13.75 hours.

I get that PVDs are seasonal employees and they’re paying union dues. I still don’t like them taking work from full time drivers. Anyway, it’s funny how many of them show up in compact cars. Drive off with thirty pieces and take six hours to deliver them.
I refused a helper and refused to meet PVDs. Told them if they want me to make phone calls to get me a UPS phone. Now they steal my work for the PVD at the building and they load up on my dock after I leave. I have exactly the same amount of work everyday, if I’m heavy they just take more work off my route. Maybe 4 days in the last 4 months I’ve had overtime.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They’re not seasonal workers. The company used them from March through late July in our area and from October until present. They also pay them more than drivers in progression and they get to steal everyone’s overtime. They’re scabs and the so called union should be ashamed. Plus stupid not only did they manage to screw its members out of money but they didn’t even get a buck out of the PVD sellout deal.
Go to your local and complain then. The locals approve PVD usage month to month. You want to complain about PVDs during an unprecedented and unforeseen pandemic peak, go right ahead. Might be time to learn to live off forty hours too. Get used to the idea that there is more volume of delivery available than can be promised by us, PVDs probably aren’t going anywhere.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I refused a helper and refused to meet PVDs. Told them if they want me to make phone calls to get me a UPS phone. Now they steal my work for the PVD at the building and they load up on my dock after I leave. I have exactly the same amount of work everyday, if I’m heavy they just take more work off my route. Maybe 4 days in the last 4 months I’ve had overtime.
California did GREAT with their contract