PVD's and loss of overtime

Yeahhh

Facebook user says, "Well. First question did your local union agree for you guys to have PVD’s if not anyone can file for the hours worked by all PVDs need to check with your union local to find out free money if not approved."
I'm assuming a complete crock? Otherwise, any truth in there?

ManInBrown

This is my first peak. Was in the mindset that I'd be maxing out on hours from thanksgiving to christmas.

I was getting more hours all summer long than I have been this month.

Should be interesting to see what happens after the new year. Does everyone suddenly go back to 12 hour days the instant the PVDs are gone?
Yup. Pretty much.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
im going to express an unpopular opinion.

THIS PARTICULAR YEAR ONLY, i have no problem with the complete lack of OT. there are a LOT of people who lost jobs and had to permanently close businesses. so the incredible amount of seasonals taking our OT is fine by me. its allowi g famimies to make it through a very difficult year, and give them time to adjust and come up with a more perminent solution. that type of thing. So, let them work Saturdays, let them stay out till 10pm, im home eating dinner everynight with my family. for the first real time all the drivers in our building know and understand, that 6th punch is voluntary.
now, moving forward, something HAS TO BE DONE about pvds and the like. i agree.
but, just this year, take the easy peak.

Next year? well thats a different story.
Well said brother. Let’s just get through this sh**

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah of course they can't do pickups. All they do is resi's and a few of them have apartments. They think it's so easy but it's only easy because there's other people doing the irregs, bulk stops, call tags, businesses, pickups, etc.
They can’t do any “special” deliveries either; time commit window stuff for example. Had a couple of those get cut BACK onto me last second before leaving the building a couple times.
Last night I finished up at 7ish and had to go get a box from a pvd for one of my regulars. It’s one of those swap out medical equipment deals where you take the old part and reseal the pkg for outbound.
I was happy to do it cause she’s an old ass, dying, nice lady who relies on the service and she has me take a step into her stinky ass house so she doesn’t have to get up.
That’s the kind of stuff I DON’T want scabs taking any part of
This is still a service

I’ve had the same 3 pants for 4 years now. I walked in the office and saw stacks of new clothes and jackets. I went to get a few pants because mine was falling apart and was told I couldn’t have any, they were for the pvds and helpers, twice
Have them order you some new uniforms, if they don't file a grievance

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
I worked 59.6 hours last week. We are all working 6 days a week. We have over 30 pvds, with 78 drivers. Work has been very busy in our area. Has been all year. I would take an "easier" peak right now. Alot of us are close to breaking 3000 hours this year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Around my parts we’ve renamed “peak season” to “weak season”. The reduction in our paid days is alarming to put it mildly.

Clearly the company has prioritized offshoring our work to PVD’s over having us work any overtime. I spoke with our Regional Operations Manager about the wages they’re paying helpers ($23) and PVD’s ($38.74), and how that blows away our new 22.4’s ($21.50) and she just responded that we need to pay them a competitive wage.

Well that pretty much sums it up, our own employees are of no concern but gotta make sure Joe PVD makes his $40 an hour.
Competitive rate. Yet the union can’t get us inflation raises.

barnyard

KTM rider
Think they’re saying there’s no overtime guarantee and also that it’s peak, that’s what I’m hearing here anyway. Go into feeders where ot is unlimited.
I am working a peak feeder job and am getting 8.5-9 hours a day. I am freaking loving it.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I worked 59.6 hours last week. We are all working 6 days a week. We have over 30 pvds, with 78 drivers. Work has been very busy in our area. Has been all year. I would take an "easier" peak right now. Alot of us are close to breaking 3000 hours this year.
Gross

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They decided to park one of these in my old delivery area last month for PVD drivers. I drove by it the other day and noticed the back door wasn't locked.
fullsizeoutput_1710.jpeg

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Pvd is a waste of company money. Hire them as a seasonal rtd and stick them in school and on a package car.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Where's it at? I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer. I could have new registration papers on that in a half hour. (Repainted with a roller brush in 45 minutes).

Roller brush. That’s a new one.

Heard of rollers and brushes. But not roller brush