PVD's and loss of overtime

542thruNthru

California did GREAT with their contract
giphy-54.gif

BuriedInCardboard

Sitting at 42 hours through 4 days. But most of my center is getting off much earlier. I don’t mind the long hours since I’m banking on these peak checks but my body is starting to feel it.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I'd like to see Karen in her honda civic sweep a UPS store. :lol:
We all know "Karen in her Honda" can't, or more importantly, shouldn't be expected to sweep a UPS Store. But that's not her problem. The problem is hiring anyone with a vehicle not entirely suited for the job. That falls squarely on management. "Karen" is just rying to keep a roof over her head, food on the table and her kids in clothes. I applaud Karen for doing what she has to, not the people on this thread who criticize her.

Kednna78

But they can’t do pickups

PVD here... I started in November 10 and had been working 35-47 hours per week. Been delivering 114-156 packages per shift or 96 to 100 stops. Some are packages between 36 to 69 pounds and I have a Nissan Maxima. I am constantly moving and get all delivered. I had done pickups but just a few. I know this is a seasonal job but never intended to take work from anyone. My driver is super nice and helpful and never had notice any bad attitude thats why is really surprising how much some people dislike us on here.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
PVD here... I started in November 10 and had been working 35-47 hours per week. Been delivering 114-156 packages per shift or 96 to 100 stops. Some are packages between 36 to 69 pounds and I have a Nissan Maxima. I am constantly moving and get all delivered. I had done pickups but just a few. I know this is a seasonal job but never intended to take work from anyone. My driver is super nice and helpful and never had notice any bad attitude thats why is really surprising how much some people dislike us on here.
I would say PVDs are stealing the opportunity for people in the warehouse to become a driver and start their wage progression. It doesn’t affect the driver too much he’s just happy to go home at 5 during peak.

badpal

Don't sweat it. some guys on here would complain if you hung em with a gold rope.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

The drivers know you are not the cause of the problem. The PVD attached to my route is great, knows the area, does a good job. But the drivers are upset at the company for trying to Uber-ify the job, and at the union for letting them. It’s not you that we have beef with; it’s the existence of your job description.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I guess I need a brown Maxima because you are running 30 more stops than me.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Facebook user says, "Well. First question did your local union agree for you guys to have PVD’s if not anyone can file for the hours worked by all PVDs need to check with your union local to find out free money if not approved."
I'm assuming a complete crock? Otherwise, any truth in there?

OK, here's the deal. PVD's fall under seasonal driver language, they just drive their own cars. Whether, when or if they pay dues or not was decided by whoever negotiated your local seasonal driver language. The fact that PVD's have been used throughout this year is a response to the pandemic through special negotiations. The language was negotiated either regionally, or nationally, I can't remember which. Locals were allowed to vote to sign on to the negotiated memorandum/letter of understanding, at least in the Western Region. Hope that clears things up.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I question how much sense someone has when they destroy their car for 10k worth of seasonal work.
The suspension on a Maxima isn't made for that weight and the CVT transmission is very easily damaged. Watch out for leakers.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
PVD drivers are scabs and should hate themselves for taking work away from dues paying members. Isn't this the same reason we file on management for doing hourly work? Grow a backbone teamsters. If we let this slide then we are screwed brothers and sisters. That slimy scumbag piece of trash Hoffa Jr gave them the keys to the kingdom. RPCD will become a thing of the past. Time for our next president to gain the testicular fortitude to stop this . I can't believe our paychecks are being belittled by scabs and the union is just rolling over. Absolutely unacceptable. Ohh and if anyone was mistaken about my feelings.....GO :censored2: YOURSELVES YOU FILTHY SCABS!!!!

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Scab