Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebrownblob

Can't find the word water in that verse 🔍
Seems like we’re waiding into legalism territory. Grace is the most important thing we were given. Without it we would be in deep trouble. Baptism is indeed important outward reflection of what’s inside after your conversion. Is it absolutely necessary to go to heaven? Debatable, is speaking in tongues required to go to heaven I hope not because it creeps me out. God is sovereign and he will decide not us.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Ephesians 2:8-9

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If you try to add works to that you go against that passage
In this is accept Jesus and spiritual baptism?
Are you putting that in? I'm not seeing accept Jesus and spiritual baptism there.
I'm also not seeing obedience as work here.
Help me out.

BrownFlush

Seems like we’re waiding into legalism territory. Grace is the most important thing we were given. Without it we would be in deep trouble. Baptism is indeed important outward reflection of what’s inside after your conversion. Is it absolutely necessary to go to heaven? Debatable, is speaking in tongues required to go to heaven I hope not because it creeps me out. God is sovereign and he will decide not us.
God already decided. He wrote it down.

I was baptized because I wanted to be and I wanted to show my obedience to Christ. Not because I thought my eternity depended on it. My eternity depends on what Christ did not what I do.

Thebrownblob

I was baptized because I wanted to be and I wanted to show my obedience to Christ. Not because I thought my eternity depended on it. My eternity depends on what Christ did not what I do.
Well I got baptized as a kid because I wanted to put shorts on and jump in the pool at the church lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
In this is accept Jesus and spiritual baptism?
Are you putting that in? I'm not seeing accept Jesus and spiritual baptism there.
I'm also not seeing obedience as work here.
Help me out.
I don't see go and get water baptized either.

Do you believe in infant baptism? What happens to babies who were never baptised?

Do you believe in infant baptism? What happens to babies who were never baptised?
Theyre burning forever because God is a mean God and he wants us to slip up so he can eagerly and joyfully pour out his wrath.

For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Thessalonians 5:9 ESV

BrownFlush

Heaven. Babies are innocent. This was just written...
If you are interested in what was brought up, the scriptures do teach that one who is to be baptized must be able to do and/or have the ability to do certain things.
This would disqualify for instance, any infant for baptism as a scriptural act. Babies are not candidates for baptism because they do not have the ability to be taught and believe, confess, etc. Infant baptism is not found in scripture.
The letter to the Ephesians was not an instructive letter on how to become a Christian. The Ephesians were already Christians. They had already did exactly what 3000 Jews did in Acts 2. As well as Paul, etc.

Where in the Bible is accept Jesus and be saved?

Where in the Bible is accept Jesus and be saved?
Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Acts 16:30‭-‬31 ESV

I guess the Bible is lying again 🤷‍♂️

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No. It just says that in the Bible. All have fallen short. You, me, big brownflush, correcto, Ricky. We're all in the same boat. I can find the verse if you want.
I know the verse. I’m saying you act like you’re the final authority on scripture. You don’t believe you can learn from a more mature and scripturally versed person? Someone who has studied it longer and more thoroughly? Who has had debates and discussion with his peers? I respect your enthusiasm for the Lord, but you act like a first year student in college who thinks he knows as much as his professor just because he read the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.