Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
I got bad news for you.
I have a great life I’m always happy.
A house, a Lake House a wife, family who loves me. Almost no debt. I truly am blessed😉
Sounds like hell, I couldn’t imagine having to put up with family, a wife or having to maintain two properties. You should burn it all down with the family in it and meet up with @vantexan in South America.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Thank's for the agree Fred, even though you've never smelled or met me.
I say this only because some have accused us of working in tandem.

I must ask, I've been curious, did my last answer to a question you tendered meet muster?
Abject apologies my friend, please refresh my addled brain, that I may give you the overdue courtesy of a reply.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Sounds like hell, I couldn’t imagine having to put up with family, a wife or having to maintain two properties. You should burn it all down with the family in it and meet up with @vantexan in South America.
If you only knew….there’s people that have had it way worse than you. I know.

El Correcto

god is dead
I hope you at least have a dog. Betting you don't though.
The only thing he should count as a blessing is being too stupid to realize those things he listed off are not a source of happiness.
His source of happiness is ignorance. That’s why he sits on this website being ignorant instead of enjoying all these things that supposedly make his life better or fill him with joy.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The only thing he should count as a blessing is being too stupid to realize those things he listed off are not a source of happiness.
His source of happiness is ignorance. That’s why he sits on this website being ignorant instead of enjoying all these things that supposedly make his life better or fill him with joy.
Pathetic

floridays

Abject apologies my friend, please refresh my addled brain, that I may give you the overdue courtesy of a reply.
No reply was expected.

You simply asked a question. I do respect you and was curious what you thought of my response.

Your question was concerning, in my theology how do I deal with "Take up up your cross and follow me."
based on a previous statement I had made.

Does that refresh your memory?

Thebrownblob

Happy about those things in particular? No. A sense of accomplishment, perhaps. The point to you is what do I have to be a unhappy about? If you don’t have people who care about you it would be hard for you to understand, I get that. Don’t chase empty and shallow relationships and you can be just as fulfilled. Maybe one day you’ll feel the same.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No reply was expected.

You simply asked a question. I do respect you and was curious what you thought of my response.

Your question was concerning, in my theology how do I deal with "Take up up your cross and follow me."
based on a previous statement I had made.

Does that refresh your memory?
Ah, yes:
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life7 will lose it, butwhoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Your response leads to the question: Are you a disciple following Jesus’ challenge, or are you satisfied with simply accepting His gift. Do you not believe that because much has been given you, much will be expected?

Asked in brotherly love.

Box Ox

have a great life I’m always happy.
A house, a Lake House a wife, family who loves me. Almost no debt.
those things he listed off are not a source of happiness

th.gif

floridays

I found it Fred

I have no argument, or any disagreement with your statement. But I would like to know how you incorporate Luke 9:23 into that belief.

God bless you!
Under the religion thread.
Ah, yes:
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life7 will lose it, butwhoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Your response leads to the question: Are you a disciple following Jesus’ challenge, or are you satisfied with simply accepting His gift. Do you not believe that because much has been given you, much will be expected?

Asked in brotherly love.
That actually was not what I was speaking of, however I believe that is precisely a word from God however, directed to me/ That was accepted and a truthful word.

It was accepted in brotherly love, as a brother., I look forward to meeting you one day in God's kingdom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.