Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Because I believe it’s an important act of obedience.
That's not what Van said it was.
I do not agree once saved always saved.
Why? What is the reason his grace isn't sufficient here?
Why couldn't someone use the same argument you are using about baptism, who does believe once saved always saved, because his grace is sufficient?

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

What is the reason his grace isn't sufficient here?

Why? What is the reason his grace isn't sufficient here?
Why couldn't someone use the same argument you are using about baptism, who does believe once saved always saved, because his grace is sufficient?
John 10

22And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 23And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and myFather are one.

His grace is sufficient, but clearly according to this not everyone wants his grace because they are not part of his flock. And it says no “man” will be able to pluck you away but I believe We personally can take ourself out of the flock.

The intention here is not a quarrel with you because you’re clearly a brother in Christ and I respect you for that. But it is important that When we speak of these things we do it in love not in judgment. None of us will get this completely right but he does know your heart.

Thebrownblob

All you have to do is look through this thread, as to why people are turned off to Christianity, and think we are a bunch of hypocrites.
Yes I do agree one of the biggest obstacles to following Christ is some Christians. We do miss the mark quite often.

BrownFlush

You’re the Bible scholar, you tell us LOL I’m just saying it’s sufficient. And thankfully it is. Or all of us would be screwed.
I don't know how but I just lost my hour long response(I'm a slow typer don't worry) smh..unbelievable .. gotta go.. hit it later..
John 10
His grace is sufficient, but clearly according to this not everyone wants his grace because they are not part of his flock. And it says no “man” will be able to pluck you away but I believe We personally can take ourself out of the flock.
I agree with your interpretation of this.

Thebrownblob

Yep. We miss the mark. The mark(standard) of God.
But the mark of the infidel means nothing.
True but we’re supposed to try and lead people to Christ. Hard to do that sometimes when we have a lot of hypocrites in our ranks. I’m sure I’ve been one as well. All the letters Paul wrote to the church pretty much prove we’re a messy bunch.

BrownFlush

This is the quote attributed to Gandhi

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
He wasn't a Christian.
He was a Hindu. Want to read some freaky stuff? You won't have to read much.
His opinion is wrong and means nothing.

BrownFlush

True but we’re supposed to try and lead people to Christ. Hard to do that sometimes when we have a lot of hypocrites in our ranks. I’m sure I’ve been one as well. All the letters Paul wrote to the church pretty much prove we’re a messy bunch.
No doubt.
Messy doesn't mean the infidel gets to make the hypocrite call.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Don't give these guys the time of day. They act like God is just a big meanie in the sky waiting for you to mess up so he can joyfully pour out his wrath. God is full of grace. I'm glad even as a non believer you can spot the difference between real Christians and ones who use Jesus for their own glory. Don't worry, God promised he would separate the two on judgement day.
Isn't your god the one who killed all the first born in Egypt? He doesn't appear to loving to me. A big meanie.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yep. We miss the mark. The mark(standard) of God.
But the mark of the infidel means nothing.
1661125664629.png

Status
Not open for further replies.