Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It is sufficient.

2 Corinthians 12:9​

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.( Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Is the grace of God conditional or unconditional?

BrownFlush

Excellent.
The loons on the left can't handle it when private schools make decisions that run counter to the narrative.
1661131087808.png

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Don't care, he sounds like a lot of folks on here, so that is why I compared the two.

You can't bully someone into believing.
What? Don't care?
Bullying into believing what? You dropped Gandhi's name in on how he felt about Christ like what he said meant something when it came to Jesus and Christianity. I said it doesn't because the guy's a Hindu?
You can't say the guy is a Hindu and wants to convert people into Hinduism which is about a million miles from Christ and Christianity?
Wait..sorry. Are you from that place of... believe what you want and be real sincere about it and whatever it is is right? And don't question it because in doing so you're a hypocrite and wrong even to question what one believes?

El Correcto

god is dead
What? Don't care?
Bullying into believing what? You dropped Gandhi's name in on how he felt about Christ like what he said meant something when it came to Jesus and Christianity. I said it doesn't because the guy's a Hindu?
You can't say the guy is a Hindu and wants to convert people into Hinduism which is about a million miles from Christ and Christianity?
Wait..sorry. Are you from that place of... believe what you want and be real sincere about it and whatever it is is right? And don't question it because in doing so you're a hypocrite and wrong even to question what one believes?
Keep digging, eternity is a long time.

Thebrownblob

Is the grace of God conditional or unconditional?
Psalms 25 7-21

7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.

8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

11 For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.

12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

15 Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

16 Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.

17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.

18 Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.

19 Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.

20 O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

I believe this passage of scripture shows us that his some of his blessings are conditions of us keeping a covenant with him. Like in verse 20 and 21.

And some of his blessings are Grace and we can do nothing to earn them, or lose them, Like in verse 8 and 18.

El Correcto

god is dead
I shouldn’t call you jew worshippers.
I think jew fearers is more appropriate.
You people are genuinely scared of the thing you claim loves you, what a pathetic way to live your life.

Have at it.

BrownFlush

Psalms 25 7-21

7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.

8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

11 For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.

12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

15 Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

16 Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.

17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.

18 Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.

19 Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.

20 O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

I believe this passage of scripture shows us that his some of his blessings are conditions of us keeping a covenant with him. Like in verse 20 and 21.

And some of his blessings are Grace and we can do nothing to earn them, or lose them, Like in verse 8 and 18.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins (Jn. 8:24).
Condition : No belief. Result : you will die in your sins.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish (Lk. 13:3).
Condition: No repentance. Result: You will perish.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (Jn. 3:3).
Condition: Not born again. Result: You won't see the Kingdom of God.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 Jn. 1:7).
Condition: If you walk in the light: Result: Cleansed from all sin.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you-, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain (1 Cor. 15:1-2).
Condition: Must receive the gospel (must be heard and preached, taught) Result: Saved

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Rom. 10:9).
Condition: Must confess. Result: saved

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him (Heb. 5:8-9).
Condition: Learned obedience Result: Became the author of salvation (only to those who obey him)

Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.( Acts 2:37-38)
Condition: Lost in sin( they had just learned they had killed The Christ) Sought forgiveness
Result: Repentance and baptism for the remission(forgiveness) of their sins

Yes, we are saved by grace. But, you posted the verse for grace being sufficient as to minimize or totally exclude any action on your part.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith" (Eph. 2:8). Grace is used in this passage to describe everything which God has done
for the salvation of man; faith is used in this passage to indicate everything which we must do to receive the gift of God's grace. (Air is a gift, but you have to breath )
Christ's blood is the grounds of our salvation but there are conditions which we must meet in order to receive the benefits of that blood. Salvation/Grace/Mercy are conditional.

Thebrownblob

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins (Jn. 8:24).
Condition : No belief. Result : you will die in your sins.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish (Lk. 13:3).
Condition: No repentance. Result: You will perish.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (Jn. 3:3).
Condition: Not born again. Result: You won't see the Kingdom of God.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 Jn. 1:7).
Condition: If you walk in the light: Result: Cleansed from all sin.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you-, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain (1 Cor. 15:1-2).
Condition: Must receive the gospel (must be heard and preached, taught) Result: Saved

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Rom. 10:9).
Condition: Must confess. Result: saved

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him (Heb. 5:8-9).
Condition: Learned obedience Result: Became the author of salvation (only to those who obey him)

Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.( Acts 2:37-38)
Condition: Lost in sin( they had just learned they had killed The Christ) Sought forgiveness
Result: Repentance and baptism for the remission(forgiveness) of their sins

Yes, we are saved by grace. But, you posted the verse for grace being sufficient as to minimize or totally exclude any action on your part.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith" (Eph. 2:8). Grace is used in this passage to describe everything which God has done
for the salvation of man; faith is used in this passage to indicate everything which we must do to receive the gift of God's grace. (Air is a gift, but you have to breath )
Christ's blood is the grounds of our salvation but there are conditions which we must meet in order to receive the benefits of that blood. Salvation/Grace/Mercy are conditional.
“Yes, we are saved by grace. But, you posted the verse for grace being sufficient as to minimize or totally exclude any action on your part.”

No not at all the reason I did it. This is a fourm for all kinds of different people. Some are babies and their walk with Christ and need milk. Some are mature and eat meat. Some don’t believe at all.

Me saying his grace is sufficient is true , but it also means be as wise as the Bereans and find out for yourself what sufficient means.

BrownFlush

“Yes, we are saved by grace. But, you posted the verse for grace being sufficient as to minimize or totally exclude any action on your part.”

No not at all the reason I did it. This is a fourm for all kinds of different people. Some are babies and their walk with Christ and need milk. Some are mature and eat meat. Some don’t believe at all.

Me saying his grace is sufficient is true , but it also means be as wise as the Bereans and find out for yourself what sufficient means.
The timing seemed awful bad . I shouldn't have impugned a motive there. Sorry.
If you are considering reaching and being effective to an entire array of maturity levels , this isn't the forum.
When you/I respond, it must be directed to whoever we are having the banter with.imo
As a wise Berean ..could you comment on the post now?

El Correcto

god is dead
The timing seemed awful bad . I shouldn't have impugned a motive there. Sorry.
If you are considering reaching and being effective to an entire array of maturity levels , this isn't the forum.
When you/I respond, it must be directed to whoever we are having the banter with.imo
As a wise Berean ..could you comment on the post now?
You believe in nonsense that had been disproven.
Your Bible is wrong about how it started, how the planet was shaped, how long it took, the timeline of humanity, the origins of life.

You’re a follower of nonsense.

El Correcto

god is dead
Christians deny the existence of every other god more fervently than i deny the existence of theirs. To them it is a 100% that these others gods are not possible. To me it is more like 99.999%, but I am 100% sure that your Bible is false creationists myths by primitive societies just like the rest, not the word of some all knowing god to be taken literally.

The more I read your delusional nonsense the more I realize this isn’t about loving god to some of you, it is about being “god-fearing”. That is what you try to win hearts with, threatening people.

What a stupid thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.