Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebrownblob

1661171969860.png

Proverbs 14:7​

7 Escape quickly from the company of fools; they're a waste of your time, a waste of your words.

So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Acts 16:31 NKJV

having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Colossians 2:14 NKJV

His grace is sufficient 😊

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Acts 16:31
How does Paul answer this most important question, “What must I do to be saved?”
Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ; he “spoke the word of the Lord to him” (v. 32).
What did the “word of the Lord” tell this jailer to do to be saved? In verse 31, Paul commands him to believe; without such belief, we can never please God (Heb. 11:6).
But is that all? Does God require simple mental assent – mere belief in him – for our salvation? I like what James says that even the demons believe in God (Jas. 2:19-20) Do not be deceived! “A man is justified by works and not by faith alone”( James 2:24).

Rightly divide the word of truth...
32)And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house."
Wonder what was spoken? The word of the Lord? For what? Salvation? Could it have been the gospel? Could it have been the same thing Jesus told his diciples to preach? He that believes and is baptizes shall be saved? Mark 16:16 Yep.. How do we know? The very next verse...
33)And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family.
Wounds? He had wounds to be taken care of after belief? They were washed? You mean like Paul's was in Acts 22:16?
The same hour at that? In the middle of the night? What's the rush? Wonder why Paul just didn't tell him, Eh..I'll be back by here next year and we'll have a big old baptizing party for a bunch of saved people.
Because that's not the gospel.
The sufficient grace of God. Seen in the power of the gospel. How wonderful. Saving men from their sins.

Col.2:14
What law was nailed to the cross?
“the handwriting of ordinances” It was something against the people. Ordinances and decrees. Ephesians 2:15 teaches that Jesus “abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances.” The Law of Moses
Paul was replying to the false teachings of the Judaizers. The Judaizers were intent on retaining the Law of Moses and imposing it, at least in part. You are a Christian, but you could be a really, really, better Christian if you were circumcised was the thinking.

Because of Jesus’ death on the cross he “blotted out the handwriting of ordinances which was against us and contrary to us” and “took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross.” It was the Law of Moses which stood against/was contrary to those under it, because of its demand that they obey it perfectly to find justification by Law.

Thank God for the Grace he has given us in giving sinners a way of salvation.

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Luke 18:10‭-‬14 NKJV

BrownFlush

I wonder why Paul never just said to the jailer, Pray a real good humble prayer and you will be saved?
Oh, that's right. That's not what was going to save him. That's not the gospel. That's not what he needed to hear.
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Rom.1:16
The gospel. The power to take a dead man in sin and make him alive again. Nothing else has the power to accomplish that.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

So kill a bunch of innocent children because you're having a tantrum?
If he's so all powerful why didn't he just teleport the slaves out of Egypt?
Since he is all powerful, why didn't he make sure you were around back then to advise him what would be the best thing to do and why? Seems you know better.
Keep your scholarly comments and questions coming. They're the best.

Last edited:
So kill a bunch of innocent children because you're having a tantrum?
If he's so all powerful why didn't he just teleport the slaves out of Egypt?
If your argument is that God is evil for killing innocent children regardless of the cause then you would have to argue that God is evil for sacrificing his only begotten innocent child (Jesus) for your sins.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.

John 4:10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

Jesus is the living water, not the baptismal font. Once we have accepted His graces, we will be indwelled by the Holy Spirit. All that WE have to do is keep the Temple of our bodies sanctified, so that our guests remain welcome.

BrownFlush

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.

John 4:10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

Jesus is the living water, not the baptismal font. Once we have accepted His graces, we will be indwelled by the Holy Spirit. All that WE have to do is keep the Temple of our bodies sanctified, so that our guests remain welcome.
Accepted what graces? Who and where is this acceptance taught?
When does this indwelling take place?
How does this indwelling take place?
Scripture?

Thebrownblob

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins (Jn. 8:24).
Condition : No belief. Result : you will die in your sins.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish (Lk. 13:3).
Condition: No repentance. Result: You will perish.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (Jn. 3:3).
Condition: Not born again. Result: You won't see the Kingdom of God.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 Jn. 1:7).
Condition: If you walk in the light: Result: Cleansed from all sin.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you-, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain (1 Cor. 15:1-2).
Condition: Must receive the gospel (must be heard and preached, taught) Result: Saved

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Rom. 10:9).
Condition: Must confess. Result: saved

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him (Heb. 5:8-9).
Condition: Learned obedience Result: Became the author of salvation (only to those who obey him)

Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.( Acts 2:37-38)
Condition: Lost in sin( they had just learned they had killed The Christ) Sought forgiveness
Result: Repentance and baptism for the remission(forgiveness) of their sins

Yes, we are saved by grace. But, you posted the verse for grace being sufficient as to minimize or totally exclude any action on your part.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith" (Eph. 2:8). Grace is used in this passage to describe everything which God has done
for the salvation of man; faith is used in this passage to indicate everything which we must do to receive the gift of God's grace. (Air is a gift, but you have to breath )
Christ's blood is the grounds of our salvation but there are conditions which we must meet in order to receive the benefits of that blood. Salvation/Grace/Mercy are conditional.
I can’t say that I disagree with any of your interpretations necessarily. Although I would say God is sovereign and he will decide.
So many of those things would fall under little known little required much known much required .

Luke 12:48
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

So many things you listed are things Christians work a lifetime on. Especially something like obedience. Not all people who give their life to him have as long. So I guess it will be gods decision ultimately.

I can’t say that I disagree with any of your interpretations necessarily. Although I would say God is sovereign and he will decide.
So many of those things would fall under little known little required much known much required .

Luke 12:48
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

So many things you listed are things Christians work a lifetime on. Especially something like obedience. Not all people who give their life to him have as long. So I guess it will be gods decision ultimately.
I believe that if someone believes Jesus died for their sins and God raised him from the dead, then there is hope for their soul. I am also aware of what the Bible instructs believers to do and am aware that ultimately it is God who sees our hearts and it is him who makes the decision.

BrownFlush

What is born of water? The water of the new birth is the regeneration process in the act of baptism. In order for one to be baptized, submission must be given to the authority of Jesus Christ. Nicodemus recognized that the power was not in the mere act of washing, but subjection!
Baptism is commanded by Jesus (Mark 16:16; Matt. 28:19). One cannot be in Christ (Gal. 3:27) nor a disciple of Christ without baptism. Water is the element of New Testament baptism. The eunuch anxiously exclaimed, "See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?" (Acts 8:36). At the house of Cornelius, Peter asked, "Can any man for-bid water, that these should not be baptized ...?" (Acts 10:47). Noah and his family "were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us" (1 Pet. 3:20-21). Baptism is this "washing of regeneration" (Tit. 3:5) whereby one has his sins washed away (Acts 22:16).
When faith moves you to obey Jesus, sins are washed away.

What is born of the spirit? You must be born of the Spirit. This isn't Holy Spirit baptism. Holy Spirit baptism was a promise made to the apostles. Not you or I. It happened twice and only twice in Scripture. Acts 2 &Acts10. Holy Spirit baptism was administered by God for a purpose in each occasion. It was not the remission of sins.
Inspiration came by the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 2:10-13, Galatians 1:11-12, Ephesians 3:3-4, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21. The Bible is the Word of God. The Holy Spirit through the Word of God has a function in the work of conversion. Those words were first spoken by inspired men and we have the same words written. We can know what God wants by the words that have been written by the Holy Spirit.
Faith is produced by the preaching and receiving of the Word of God. Romans 10:17: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." The Spirit induces the faith that saves through His word.​

Jesus isn't the living water any more than he is bread in "I am the bread of life."
Jesus is the SOURCE of the living water.​
This is false teaching.
Accepting this has serious consequence.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

God has already decided. He won't change his mind. The Word of God lives and abides forever. It's not going to change.
These words will judge us on the last day.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If your argument is that God is evil for killing innocent children regardless of the cause then you would have to argue that God is evil for sacrificing his only begotten innocent child (Jesus) for your sins.
That begotten son was a result of lust and rape. Should have been aborted.

Status
Not open for further replies.